British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I agree with what you are saying its just i dont think this team is good enough, i may be wrong

You may be right - only time will tell.

But there certainly is a lot of potential for averages to be increased.

It certainly worked for us in 2014 when we started the season with only Cookie & Smiler as recognised heat leaders and Derek Sneddon in the main body of the team. But Sedgy & Stevie Worrall blasted their way out of the reserve berths and Max Fricke stepped it up, with Aaron Fox doing his bit.

And the rest is history regarding that season - so many more cans of polish were required!!

It doesn't look as good as a few other teams...but that doesn't really matter...its not how you start it's how you finish. There is no reason why a team change or two couldn't see any team improve their chances...also an injury to one of the fancied teams at the wrong time harms their chances.

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Yep sounds like a bad night. 

Ricky apparently has broken bones in his hand and tendon damage in his arms. 

Sedgy waiting for an op. 

On 28/12/2017 at 9:09 AM, Gavan said:

wow!

Sorry must remember to say Edinburgh look strong next time!

Sorry i cant see this team as anything other than 6th or 7th in my opinion and thats all it is opinion. 

Masters is a huge loss as the team just got in the play offs last season and now look much weaker without him.

Last season as heat leaders, Masters , Wells and Riss and this season Wells , Riss and Riss. Sorry but to me this seasons team doesnt look as good as last seasons which finished third. Ipswich , Sheffield, Glasgow and Scunthorpe and Lakeside already look stronger to me.

I may be wrong but thats what opinions are for

You might be right, but its how yo8u look at end of the season not the start.

51 minutes ago, Dekker said:

You might be right, but its how yo8u look at end of the season not the start.

spot on.

Ipswich would have won the league i feel if we had the 1-7 we had at the press day which never ever took to the track.

At the moment the Edinburgh 1-7 doesnt look good enough for the play offs when compared to other 1-7's

But a few changes and you only need to get 4th and then you are in with a chance

edinburgh teambuilding has been based on "improvers win titles, not big averages". In that sense this team is typical edinburgh, it's worked well over the years in fact the 2014 team was mocked in the same way by some and we know what happened.

it's that philosophy that mean't there was never any chance of sedgy coming back as he would never increase his ave as a HL

• Like 1

Improving  averages  is  the  idea, which  makes  me  wonder  why  Sedgy  at  6.2  and Theo  at  4.3  were  not  obvious  improvers  especially  with  their  skill at the  dale. Remember  Sedgy  reached  an  average  of  8  with  us at the  end  and would  be a more than  capable  3rd HL if  we  could  coax him back to form. 

10 minutes ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

Improving  averages  is  the  idea, which  makes  me  wonder  why  Sedgy  at  6.2  and Theo  at  4.3  were  not  obvious  improvers  especially  with  their  skill at the  dale. Remember  Sedgy  reached  an  average  of  8  with  us at the  end  and would  be a more than  capable  3rd HL if  we  could  coax him back to form. 

he's vastly overrated at the dale as he spent most of his time with cookie.  as iipo found out he's not really a HL more a super #4

• Confused 1

But  Dek  if  you re- apply your  blue and  gold  specs  you will  remember  many double  figure  hauls  at  home and away. Multiple  5-1s  with  Cookie  . 7 wins out  of  8  in  Grand finals  (against  Somerset and  Weegies) at the  dale, and  a stellar  performance  winning  the  4s  at  the  STMP.  I`m sure there  were  more. 

No  doubt  away from the  blue and  gold  vest  he  was  inferior, but I think the  harsh  handling  at BV  might  have  accelerated  that, mibees  aye  mibees  naw, but  his  ego  was  well  nurtured  by  the  Monarchs  management  team and we  certainly  saw  the  best  of  him. 

In  Sport  , going  back  rarely  succeeds I grant  you  but  this  was  one  option I  would  have  been  happy with. 

Anyway  moving on , it will  be interesting to  see  how  this  team develops  during the  year.  Like  2012  we  may  struggle  in heats  13 and  15, but I hope  Erik  will  quickly  sort that out. The  bottom of  the  team is  built  to improve  averages and  on big away  tracks Josh and Matt  will  score  much  better than  last years  fellows  who  really  struggled, so that will  compensate. This  team  will  end  stronger  than  it  starts  me-thinks 

• Like 1

Andersson will be a good addition to the league; think he will be the best of the 3 newcomers to the league (marginally ahead of Hartel, and more than marginally better than Lindman), and will likely be the third heat leader. He almost replaced Kurtz at Plymouth a few seasons ago, but finances played their part, from what I remember.
Reckon he will average 6, maybe bit more if he takes a liking to Armadale.

Quite like the rest of the side too actually. It doesn't have the wow factor of some previous Edinburgh sides, but looks like an intriguing side, and just needs one of Andersson/M Riss /Pickering to really make the third heat leader position their own to be a serious contender.

4 hours ago, MrMungo said:

Andersson will be a good addition to the league; think he will be the best of the 3 newcomers to the league (marginally ahead of Hartel, and more than marginally better than Lindman), and will likely be the third heat leader. He almost replaced Kurtz at Plymouth a few seasons ago, but finances played their part, from what I remember.
Reckon he will average 6, maybe bit more if he takes a liking to Armadale.

Quite like the rest of the side too actually. It doesn't have the wow factor of some previous Edinburgh sides, but looks like an intriguing side, and just needs one of Andersson/M Riss /Pickering to really make the third heat leader position their own to be a serious contender.

Is he better than Mikkel B Andersen?