British Speedway Forum

think its only Ipswich moving up shieffield staying

That wouldnt be so bad if that was the case then.

Surely it would be more beneficial to everyone if we just went for one big league?

Most clubs saying they dont get enough people through the turnstiles yet the top league saying they want to bring the GP riders back where is the money going to come from to pay for them?

Clubs shouldnt spend what they dont have! I think its too far down the line now I cant see a few big riders coming back will mean people flooding back to speedway.

• Like 1

So as a lot of talk is going on about the Premiership riding Monday and Thursday next season with potentially lakeside and Sheffield moving up as has been mentioned how would that effect the Championship?

With only the likes of Newcastle, Redcar, Berwick, Edinburgh, Workington, Glasgow and Scunthorpe left would that be one league?

Part of the problem this season is seeing the same teams over and over surely this wont help bring the crowds flocking back.

If Sheffield do move up and before I get a backlash I have nothing against them and congratulate them on the league win and play off win, however if they do go up I hope no fans never turn up to a promotion and relegation fixture again as it will mean twice they have ran it and clubs which were involved have remained in the league and other teams go up, what is the point!!

If Ipswich and Sheffield go into the Premiership, the Championship looks dead on its feet. A parade of the same has beens beating the same never-will-be's.

If this is what it is coming to, it's time for a good long think. Even Ranting Roy can't polish a turd.

• Like 1

If Ipswich and Sheffield go into the Premiership, the Championship looks dead on its feet. A parade of the same has beens beating the same never-will-be's.

If this is what it is coming to, it's time for a good long think. Even Ranting Roy can't polish a turd.

I recognise those concerns. It's not going to simply be a matter of securing a new major sponsor then all will be well...

Yes - but rumours of two others too.

10 - 3 = 7

I don't deal in rumours, I only deal with facts, so, as it stands. 10 - 1 = 9.

I don't deal in rumours, I only deal with facts, so, as it stands. 10 - 1 = 9.

Sheffield moving up isnt a fact, thats only rumour so far

• Like 1

That wouldnt be so bad if that was the case then.

Surely it would be more beneficial to everyone if we just went for one big league?

Most clubs saying they dont get enough people through the turnstiles yet the top league saying they want to bring the GP riders back where is the money going to come from to pay for them?

Clubs shouldnt spend what they dont have! I think its too far down the line now I cant see a few big riders coming back will mean people flooding back to speedway.

One big league + set race nights (Mon & Thu) = Bye bye Newcastle.

• Like 1

One big league + set race nights (Mon & Thu) = Bye bye Newcastle.

But there only supposedly going to set race nights to get some of the so called top riders back.

And if it was one big league there wouldnt be a need for doubling up so could race on any night?

But there only supposedly going to set race nights to get some of the so called top riders back.

And if it was one big league there wouldnt be a need for doubling up so could race on any night?

Where's the track staff coming from for say a Monday meeting ? We might get away with most prep being done of the Sunday and just tarted it up at Monday teatime. Dogs are on on a Thursday.

Edited by Tsunami

Where's the track staff coming from for say a Monday meeting ? We might get away with most prep being done of the Sunday and just tarted it up at Monday teatime. Dogs are on on a Thursday.

I know the top league are just looking after themselves when really the whole of British speedway from top to bottom needs sorted out.

Its going to be an interesting winter regardless of what happens.

• Like 2

Set race nights (Mon & Thu) for the Premiership not for the Championship. Not sure how Sheffield, Redcar, and ipswich feel about that. It would also ease the doubling up/down situation as there wouldn't be a many conflicts apart from the three clubs mentioned. Nobody has a Monday as their preferred race night in the Championship.

Except the top riders won't want to go to Newcastle or Scunthorpe on a Sunday.

no wouldn't need set nights with one big league and commuters....err commuted! No need to lose tracks and run at an affordable level

I know the top league are just looking after themselves when really the whole of British speedway from top to bottom needs sorted out.

Its going to be an interesting winter regardless of what happens.

Don't they always. :mad::mad::mad: