British Speedway Forum

Why?

Because of possible changes to the Race Day/Night dictated by the BSPA. There is talk of changing Race Days with the BSPA stating that the Premier League races on certain nights and Championship races certain nights.

It is an attempt to stop all of this nonsense of Doubling Up and Doubling Down.

Lewis Kerr has already confirmed on Twitter he had 2teams sorted for 2018.i would imagine scunny is one of them

Can’t imagine KB at n/cle couldn’t afford him.

Lewis Kerr has already confirmed on Twitter he had 2teams sorted for 2018.i would imagine scunny is one of them

Cant imagine KB at n/cle couldnt afford him.

Kings Lynn & Lakeside would be my guess.

• Like 1

Its pretty difficult to predict a team till we know that Diamonds are running, and what the rules are. Although i dont understand why teams can sign riders before AGM. That means promoters automatically go in with a biased agenda as they wont accept any rule that effect the signings, even if its a great rule that will benefit the sport. Hopefully this is best AGM in years with no politics it cant continue as it has been.

Edited by Big Diamond

Because of possible changes to the Race Day/Night dictated by the BSPA. There is talk of changing Race Days with the BSPA stating that the Premier League races on certain nights and Championship races certain nights.

It is an attempt to stop all of this nonsense of Doubling Up and Doubling Down.

And the talk is said to be that the 'top flight' could be running on a Monday & Thursday, if that is the case, we won't be running on a Monday. The top flight won't be being run on a Sunday, so that would (I believe) mean that, if indeed we are running, we would stay on a Sunday. It's all hypothetical though.

Edited by Steve Park

And the talk is said to be that the 'top flight' could be running on a Monday & Thursday, if that is the case, we won't be running on a Monday. The top flight won't be being run on a Sunday, so that would (I believe) mean that, if indeed we are running, we would stay on a Sunday. It's all hypothetical though.

From the Diamonds website 5 October 0750am

http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/news/article.asp?id=100795

George English

No one knows what is going to happen next year, whether we will be running on a Sunday or a Monday, but the crucial question is will Newcastle Speedway be running at all? You can help answer that by turning up in force on Monday next – it’s a 7.30 start – and cheer on the Diamonds as they seek to avenge last season’s Cup final defeat by Glasgow.”

Pretty sure Alfie will be riding for lakeside in the championship next year

Can’t imagine KB at n/cle couldn’t afford him.

I wouldn't put any money on him been at Scunny!!

Is there any date of an announcement as to whether or not you are running next Season?

Is there any date of an announcement as to whether or not you are running next Season?

am sure 'the fans' will be informed in due course ;)

I would think that that is likely to be at the time of the conference, once they've decided on the format for next year. i.e. race nights, 1 league or not. etc.

If there is a premiership and championship next year (with fixed race nights, especially for the premiership) then I can see doubling up/down still being in place a it will be easier if the two leagues are running on different nights.

If we need a big top end rider, with Steve in Poland, how about the return of Kenneth Bjerre? If I'm correct, he'd only be on a 8.22 average.

As pointed out above, the limit should be 42.50... Partly because it needs to be, to make the league actually interesting again, and partly so we can have this team :P It'd be so good, probably win most things, but how likely would it be? Not very is my guess

1. Kenneth Bjerre 8.22

2. Lewis Rose 6.49

3. Kyle Newman 6.10

4. Ludvig Lindgren © 6.94

5. Aaron Summers 8.00

6. Ashley Morris 4.72

7. Alfie Bowtell 2.03

Total : 42.50

Another rider I'm a fan of that I'd like to see at our level (not necessarily with Newcastle) is Kai Huckenbeck

I would think KB will have a polish contract.

Its pretty difficult to predict a team till we know that Diamonds are running, and what the rules are. Although i dont understand why teams can sign riders before AGM. That means promoters automatically go in with a biased agenda as they wont accept any rule that effect the signings, even if its a great rule that will benefit the sport. Hopefully this is best AGM in years with no politics it cant continue as it has been.

Pretty difficult, but fun

I would think that that is likely to be at the time of the conference, once they've decided on the format for next year. i.e. race nights, 1 league or not. etc.

If there is a premiership and championship next year (with fixed race nights, especially for the premiership) then I can see doubling up/down still being in place a it will be easier if the two leagues are running on different nights.

I would think KB will have a polish contract.

But if we run Monday, would that matter?

am sure 'the fans' will be informed in due course ;)

You mean come March when the fixtures still haven't been announced?

Pretty sure Alfie will be riding for lakeside in the championship next year

He's said he'd rather be at Newcastle, but how much of that was because he was getting interviewed in front of the Newcastle fans?

what about a return of Matej Kus ?

I agree, a rider who was I think was rider of the year at Berwick, rider of the year at Redcar and in his own admission had his best ever year when at Newcastle. He also is very committed to his teams and after being Newcastle fans being "Robert Lamberted" (something Kings Lynn, Peterboro and Rye House fans are only too aware of) that should be very important..

Hopefully this is best AGM in years with no politics it cant continue as it has been.

It will be, because they tell us every year that it has been

I agree, a rider who was I think was rider of the year at Berwick, rider of the year at Redcar and in his own admission had his best ever year when at Newcastle. He also is very committed to his teams and after being Newcastle fans being "Robert Lamberted" (something Kings Lynn, Peterboro and Rye House fans are only too aware of) that should be very important..

I wouldn't be against Matej Kus returning at all, if he can be fitted into the 3/4 with Ludvig again, that would be awesome