British Speedway Forum

Rose signed for the same Poland team that Hancock signed, for in their second division. It is a squad he has join, but he would have to ride at least some Sundays, so that might be difficult to accept especially if we didn't get a facility for him.

I am going with a very similar team, but possible minus Ludde to Edinburgh, and just wonder if we could get Bates or a below 8 EL rider as our new number 1.

who,,, Bates, Josh or Norman ???,,, decent swap for Rose.

and Kenny Bear ? ;)

How come no Ludde,,, has he getting wind of WKD turning up ???

thats anuf to put anybody off, inc. me :(

• Like 1

I could be wrong (it has been known!!), but with us in the KO Cup draw and League Cup draw and 11 teams named in the Championship, it's more than likely we have said we are running in 2018. But, having said that, there seems to be a question mark, still, over Workington's participation in 2018 and they are named in the same competitions (ironically we've drawn each other (again!) in the KO Cup), so I guess we should await an official statement form the club.

Probably waiting a very long time...

Well... That's Steve out the door

1. Danny King 8.87/Ricky Wells 8.85

2. Tero Aarnio 5.02

3. Lewis Kerr 6.78

4. Ludvig Lindgren 7.21

5. Rene Bach 7.53

6. Ashley Morris 4.88

7. Alfie Bowtell 2.19

Total: 42.48/42.46

This team imo has strength all the way through both home and away... Big hitting number one, depth in the rest of the 1-5 and strong reserves... Something like this would be nice and I don't think any of the riders will be riding in Poland? Maybe King? I dunno, And probably one 2 of those riders would ride in the PL too, so not too much guests required...

How about Nicklas Porsing or Kai Huckenbeck?

I could be wrong (it has been known!!), but with us in the KO Cup draw and League Cup draw and 11 teams named in the Championship, it's more than likely we have said we are running in 2018. But, having said that, there seems to be a question mark, still, over Workington's participation in 2018 and they are named in the same competitions (ironically we've drawn each other (again!) in the KO Cup), so I guess we should await an official statement form the club.

I am becoming more and more concerned. George not at the conference, George comes off the BSPA Management Committee, no statement or press release since conference, nothing on the Newcastle website, Workington seem to have been given an extension to declare they are running. Have Newcastle declared or have we got an extension as well?

Surely a simple yes we are running or we are still trying to find a sponsor /can you help statement could be issued by Newcastle Speedway

• Like 2

Well if they run they need a good top two.

we've had a good top two for a couple of seasons, never got us anywhere.

Probably waiting a very long time...

Well... That's Steve out the door

1. Danny King 8.87/Ricky Wells 8.85

2. Tero Aarnio 5.02

3. Lewis Kerr 6.78

4. Ludvig Lindgren 7.21

5. Rene Bach 7.53

6. Ashley Morris 4.88

7. Alfie Bowtell 2.19

Total: 42.48/42.46

This team imo has strength all the way through both home and away... Big hitting number one, depth in the rest of the 1-5 and strong reserves... Something like this would be nice and I don't think any of the riders will be riding in Poland? Maybe King? I dunno, And probably one 2 of those riders would ride in the PL too, so not too much guests required...

How about Nicklas Porsing or Kai Huckenbeck?

Kerr seems to be on way to Glasgow. Mr Harris too it seems plus The other Worrall

I am becoming more and more concerned. George not at the conference, George comes off the BSPA Management Committee, no statement or press release since conference, nothing on the Newcastle website, Workington seem to have been given an extension to declare they are running. Have Newcastle declared or have we got an extension as well?

Surely a simple yes we are running or we are still trying to find a sponsor /can you help statement could be issued by Newcastle Speedway

Me too. George is normally so positive about even the slightest bit of good news that the silence is deafening!

Even if he were having a complete break from speedway after a very difficult season, I am sure he would normally organise the release of some form of statement. Maybe needs more space/time in the hunt for a new sponsor?

Kerr seems to be on way to Glasgow. Mr Harris too it seems plus The other Worrall

Not EVERYONE can ride for Glasgow :P One things for certain, Kerr is going to a new team, and you never know, if Glasgow have Richie, Harris, Lunna, Bewley can they fit Kerr in too? I dunno I've not done the maths

Not EVERYONE can ride for Glasgow :P One things for certain, Kerr is going to a new team, and you never know, if Glasgow have Richie, Harris, Lunna, Bewley can they fit Kerr in too? I dunno I've not done the maths

Bewley will be back at Edinburgh or at Workington, seems to be Starke and Kerr at 3/4 for Glasgow next season

Dan Bewley will not be back at Glasgow and there are some question marks over Nike, other 2 probably and another name thrown into the mix and could make a return to Glasgow is Rene Bach.

Bewley will be back at Edinburgh or at Workington, seems to be Starke and Kerr at 3/4 for Glasgow next season

Bach before Starke and you are along the right lines.

Edited by Gazc

On the positive side - George has not said we won't be running.

who,,, Bates, Josh or Norman ???,,, decent swap for Rose.

and Kenny Bear ? ;)

How come no Ludde,,, has he getting wind of WKD turning up ???

thats anuf to put anybody off, inc. me :(

Looking forward to seeing you again too RD. :o;):t:

Steve Worrall has signed for Scunthorpe.

On the positive side - George has not said we won't be running..

whatever happened to 'no news is good news' ???

Looking forward to seeing you again too RD. :o;):t:

what do you mean, 'again',,, do I know you ? ;)

• Like 2

if we are running dread to think what sort of team we will end up with,

It's comments like that, that makes me wonder why do people try and promote speedway. You can't win can you.