British Speedway Forum

34 minutes ago, erniew said:

Why is it that the longer we go without hearing anything I'm getting more convinced that the christmas Party is going to be a wake?

I have been thinking that for a while but I hope not but it certainly does not look good as not even season tickets are on sale for next season yet.

Judging by the lack of information coming out of the club and the general poor communication, I wouldn't be surprised if we found out about March!

Come on folks - try to be positive. :)

Ian, What do we have to be positive about? I'm sorry, but I haven't been able to find a new battery for my crystal ball!

2 hours ago, The White Knight said:

Come on folks - try to be positive. :)

Thats a bit rich, coming from you ;)

1 hour ago, erniew said:

Ian, What do we have to be positive about? I'm sorry, but I haven't been able to find a new battery for my crystal ball!

Maybe its solar powered or runs on methanol!!! :P:P

2 hours ago, erniew said:

I am only trying to look on the bright side. I have decided, now that Double Points is no more thank goodness, to return to Speedway again - I am hoping it will be at Newcastle - it is my local Track. I don't want to be defeatist, and I have faith in George, as I am sure he will be working as hard as he can to ensure Newcastle's future.

We are not privy to what is going on in the background, and lack of information is, I agree, niggling. However, negotiations may be at a critical point with Sponsors and George can't announce anything until things are finalised. I am not saying that is so - but it is possible.

That is the way I am trying to look at it.

IF and until closure is announced, I will still believe that I will be going to Brough next year.

• Like 1

Whats to say the xmas party will reveal all and a septet for next season ? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, diamonds7 said:

Whats to say the xmas party will reveal all and a septet for next season ? 

Lets hope its that

Really hope the Diamonds race next season, & hope that the delay in naming riders is because their race day is Sunday, meaning there isn't too many options, like Panthers.

well assuming we do survive ... there's not much left for Newcastle or redcar or workington

I could easily see the following

1  tbd     2 rose 6.49   3 kus 7.03   4 robson 7.02   5 lindgren 7.21   6 morris 4.98    7 Philips 2.00

leaving 7.77 for our number 1 

theres little out there 

rene bach at 7.46     ty proctor 7.15 or Jorgensen 7.10   .... of course luddo would become our no 1 if the latter 2 signed

we would be cruelly exposed at heats 13 and 15 ............. and already Glasgow Ipswich lakeside Scunthorpe and Sheffield look way better

Edinburgh and peterboro should be ok sides ..........

at least we should give Berwick a run for their money - and heaven help Workington and redcar with their 3 signings to date

geez not even 2018 and I cant see us finishing higher than 8th !!!!

9 hours ago, mauger65 said:

well assuming we do survive ... there's not much left for Newcastle or redcar or workington

1  tbd     2 rose 6.49   3 kus 7.03   4 robson 7.02   5 lindgren 7.21   6 morris 4.98    7 Philips 2.00

theres little out there 

rene bach at 7.46     ty proctor 7.15 or Jorgensen 7.10   .... of course luddo would become our no 1 if the latter 2 signed

we would be cruelly exposed at heats 13 and 15 ............. and already Glasgow Ipswich lakeside Scunthorpe and Sheffield look way better

at least we should give Berwick a run for their money - and heaven help Workington and redcar with their 3 signings to date

'heaven help Redcar' = what you on about? My understanding is our septet is all but signed and sealed and being announced when they're good and ready to announce, which may well be the case for the Diamonds.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mauger65 said:

theres little out there 

Morris at reserve could well be a trump card.

I wouldn't be too dismissive of Redcar, they are openly stating that team is sorted and the one rider they have announced is a genuine threat in heats 13 & 15 against any team.

I agree the 5 teams you mention look good and I expect Edinburgh to make it 6, so we could be in a mini league for 7-11,....

BUT ...you never know  !!

Wouldn't mind Wolverhampton's reserve pairing being ours too :) Although it'd be difficult to fit in, also, would Alfie get a 2.5% reduction?

1. Sam Masters 8.57

2. Tero Aarnio 5.02

3. Stuart Robson 7.02/Ty Proctor 7.15

4. Ludvig Lindgren 7.21

5. Rene Bach 7.53/Matej Kus 7.64

6. Ashley Morris 4.88/Nathan Greaves 4.51

7. Alfie Bowtell 2.14

Total: 42.37

I'm dreaming, thinking that Masters or Rene will be riding for us... I think Kus is more likely than Rene and it wouldn't be too bad, I would like to see Tero Back, but only if he's at 2 or 6, he was very entertaining to watch and a strong number 2... Always liked Robson, give him the captain's armband, and of course... The loveable and liked by all Ludvig Lindgren, he did well at 4 last year imo and he would make a great partnership with either Robson/Bach/Kus at 3 and 4. And as stated on this thread, Ashley could well be the trump card at reserve, and he gives 110% EVER race from start to finish, another entertainer

This might not be the strongest team in the league, but hell, it'd be VERY entertaining to watch, especially at home, strong all the way throughout and it'll be fun watching Alfie's progression throughout the year, I think we need to sign Alfie quick!! If Lakeside are over the limit, maybe they will drop Morley for Alfie :(

Edited by Dandelion