British Speedway Forum

Fantastic news,well done George, History will show you were Mr Newcastle Speedway during this turbulent times in Speedway, I’m now really looking forward to my annual visit down to Newcastle 

• Like 1

Interesting that the new promoter is not to be announced until the New Year. That will be because all prospective Promoters have to be vetted by the BSPA before being accepted and allowed to be a Promoter. I have no doubt the person will be accepted and look forward to the announcement in the New Year. 

48 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Interesting that the new promoter is not to be announced until the New Year. That will be because all prospective Promoters have to be vetted by the BSPA before being accepted and allowed to be a Promoter. I have no doubt the person will be accepted and look forward to the announcement in the New Year. 

So,,, its definitely not you Dave ? ;)

50 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I am sure we will get on fine Dave :rolleyes:

How about

T Aarnio 5.02

L Rose.   6.49

S Robson 7.02

L Lindgren 7.21

A Morris. 4.88

T Pijper. 4.23

means we would always have decent reserves.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MrP said:

How about

T Aarnio 5.02

L Rose.   6.49

S Robson 7.02

L Lindgren 7.21

A Morris. 4.88

T Pijper. 4.23

means we would always have decent reserves.

M. Kus 7.64 ?

Obviously pleased we are running but still important to have a competitive team. If we can’t afford strong heat leaders (and there aren’t many, if any still available anyway) we should try and track two strong reserves to give us some sort of edge over other sides. Say Ashley Morris and another of similar ability. No point in having a weak top end a weak reserve otherwise it will be a long season.

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

So,,, its definitely not you Dave ? ;)

You will have to wait and see. :P

Great news - but now the worrying starts as to team !

Unless there is a major shock it is going to be strength in depth  You have to assume Robbo, Lindgren, Rose & Morris are in the frame - maybe Tero or even Wilko, but not too impressed by those.

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:43 PM, phillipsr said:

Wonder if you thought that when you had Lambert and Worrall, Bach and Larsen etc... suddenly look like there struggling for a number 1 and the rules should be changed its laughable  

there was a lot more heat leaders in the last few years ........ the loss of 5 out of 17 riders averaging over 8 is quite a removal of top end talent ............ in the past everyone has had the opportunity to get hold of a heat leader

Glad Diamonds are running and hopefully with new promoter to help build for future. As for the team we aren't likely be top side with best riders gone so strong at home should be priority. That should be possible with the usual suspects still available and we must be strong at reserve. The big question is who will improve which every team needs and who will be 1 and 5 hope George has something up his sleeve.

How about Ashley Morris at 7 (So he keeps his favourite heat 8) And Joe Jacobs or Nathan Greaves at 6? Would be very strong at reserve then, on most tracks too

Lewis Rose and Tero Aarnio MUST be considered too if available, as both have bargain averages, although I feel that Lewis might be expensive if he requires flights to Poland

Danny Ayres, Ellis Perks, Adam Roynon, Theo Pijper and Matt Williamson might be nice at reserve too, and they can't be too expensive either

Just throwing names out there :)

Edited by Dandelion

Edited by Dandelion

1 hour ago, mauger65 said:

there was a lot more heat leaders in the last few years ........ the loss of 5 out of 17 riders averaging over 8 is quite a removal of top end talent ............ in the past everyone has had the opportunity to get hold of a heat leader

No they havent.. Scunthorpe didnt have one last year.. Plymouth used to regularly complain they couldnt get one same as Redcar until last year its not a new problem just a new problem for Newcastle