British Speedway Forum

as much as i dislike the track at newcastle 

it would have been awful to loose newcastle as a team just like workington thease are 2 clubs that need more support

but you can say the same about almost all clubs in british speedway

Good to see Ben Hopwood get signed up in the NL, whether he's with us or not next year, good luck in 2018, you gave us some entertaining heats and passes in 2017 and I think you're a little underrated :)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:05 PM, phillipsr said:

No they havent.. Scunthorpe didnt have one last year.. Plymouth used to regularly complain they couldnt get one same as Redcar until last year its not a new problem just a new problem for Newcastle 

i said everyone had the opportunity .... not that they had one ............   

and I will state again .... I cant recall the league having so few heat leaders ..... 12 between 11 teams

given last year there was summers over 8 and bridger deemed over 8 ............ there were around 19 heat leaders between 10 sides 

if u read my posts I want a more fairer league ....... and I would be complaining if we had 2 heat leaders 

there is still too much self interest and not enough working together to create a competitive leagues and support and nuture british talent  - look at the latest ruling ........  foreign riders are now on 5.20 ........ and what a surprise Edinburgh have the Swedish under 21 champion in at 5.20 ............ bloody joke 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mauger65 said:

and I will state again .... I cant recall the league having so few heat leaders ..... 12 between 11 teams

given last year there was summers over 8 and bridger deemed over 8 ............ there were around 19 heat leaders between 10 sides 

if u read my posts I want a more fairer league ....... and I would be complaining if we had 2 heat leaders 

there is still too much self interest and not enough working together to create a competitive leagues and support and nuture british talent  - look at the latest ruling ........  foreign riders are now on 5.20 ........ and what a surprise Edinburgh have the Swedish under 21 champion in at 5.20 ............ bloody joke 

And there were so many complaints about the Premiership, one rider above 8 points rule. Ironic. The Championship looks like it is being split into two this season.

the championship was a 2 division league this year

and very much looks like next years will be too .................

Edited by mauger65
  • Like 1

There are a few of our riders from 2017 who may be in the equation for 2018

Stuart Robson
Ashley Morris
Alfie Bowtell
Ben Hopwood
Danny Phillips.

If Robbo, Ash and Alfie are keen to ride for us, I would get them to sign.  To Ben and Danny I would thank them but bring in higher averaged riders hopefully the maths would dictate Ash starting as a reserve which would strengthen the team

Surely Danny Phillips who was scoring at 3.5+ but would still start on a 2 would be the best bet at No7 if you want to have a strong No6 like Ash Morris

If George English lost money last year as reported I can’t see Alfie Bowtell back as I’m led to believe he’s southern based and he must be on mileage allowance as on that points average he can’t be making money . So a more local river should be used

21 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

If George English lost money last year as reported I can’t see Alfie Bowtell back as I’m led to believe he’s southern based and he must be on mileage allowance as on that points average he can’t be making money . So a more local river should be used

The Tweed or The TYne :D

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

The Tweed or The TYne :D

Or the Wear!!!!

• Like 1

Or the Eden

5 hours ago, dantodan said:

There are a few of our riders from 2017 who may be in the equation for 2018

Stuart Robson
Ashley Morris
Alfie Bowtell
Ben Hopwood
Danny Phillips.

If Robbo, Ash and Alfie are keen to ride for us, I would get them to sign.  To Ben and Danny I would thank them but bring in higher averaged riders hopefully the maths would dictate Ash starting as a reserve which would strengthen the team

no chance to want phillips back gona take him at least a year to even get back up to speed.

robson yes morris yes,bowtell yes, and lindgren will be back for cheapness but still need an out and out no1.or do wat Berwick have done and

have two really good reserves that way who ever drops down to reserve they will always have good reserves.

With the lack of out and out number 1's left unless we can tempt Edward Kennett (no thanks) or Scott Nicholls (:blink:), it made me think are we going to try a few unknowns from abroad, if not, could the team look a bit like this?

1. ?

2. Aarnio (5.02)

3. Rose (appreciate that he has signed a contract in Poland but no sure if it is a Sunday or a Saturday track and the likelihood of him being used!!!) (6.49)

4. Kus (7.64) - see comment re: Rose

5. Lindgren (Ludvig not Freddie) (7.29)

6. Morris (4.88)

7. Bowtell (2.19)

Total (33.51) leaving 8.99 for a number 1 - does not factor in any reductions so points available for No. 1 may be higher

I think we would struggle in the big heats but hopefully should have enough to cope with most teams at home.  I mainly based this team on cost cutting and trying to use our own assets where possible and riders who have performed well in the past around Brough.  I don't envy George in trying to make a team out of what is left and he may have to pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat.  I think we have to get Morris back and get him back at reserve and I would favour Bowtell over Phillips!!!

Only time will tell and we may know a bit more after the Christmas party.  

On 18/12/2017 at 1:49 AM, mauger65 said:

Self interest lol