British Speedway Forum

10 hours ago, The White Knight said:

Just chuffed that we are running next year.

At the moment - I don't really care who the Riders are.

5 hours ago, Dandelion said:

What if it's Ludvig...? :o

Edited by ruffdiamond

11 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

don't think lindgren will be back cos cost cutting measures they wont be paying for flights back and forth to sweden

Maybe a couple of cheap danes like a few years ago probably another mediocre season unless Georgie boy pulls

a few rabbits out of his hat

2 hours ago, boomerang said:

don't think lindgren will be back cos cost cutting measures they wont be paying for flights back and forth to sweden

Maybe a couple of cheap danes like a few years ago probably another mediocre season unless Georgie boy pulls

Won't that apply to the Danes as well???

3 hours ago, boomerang said:

a would settle for 'mediocre', its been like that a while now, but at least av got something to do on a Sunday ;-)

It will be good to have riders there, that want to be there and not have their eyes on other prizes, a 'less is more' season.

Think the only agreement re paying air fares is with Danish Federation where clubs have to pay 2 airfares back home per season,not aware of a Swedish agreement. But then what do I know

19 hours ago, Diamondlil said:

Think the only agreement re paying air fares is with Danish Federation where clubs have to pay 2 airfares back home per season,not aware of a Swedish agreement. But then what do I know

new danes would be put up in accomadation like roy Clarke,s house so wouldn,t have to worry about 

flights but everyone is only guessing like myself just wish they would hurry up and get the team sorted

not a newcastle fan

but same goes for all fans regardless of which team

suerly its more important to track down and get the right riders rather than just getting the team announced as quick as possible

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

not a newcastle fan

but same goes for all fans regardless of which team

suerly its more important to track down and get the right riders rather than just getting the team announced as quick as possible

It's annoying waiting, and it would be nice to know what the team will be for next season, but you're right

22 hours ago, Diamondlil said:

The DMU contracts include all flights to Danish championships and Euru and World competitions like U19 and U21comps as a right, and at a fixed cost to the signing club. Swedish flights are by negotiation, but usually have a top level value after which the rider is responsible for his flights.

But isn't Ludvig based in Newcastle? I mean, I know he goes back and forth between England and Sweden, but surely it's his Swedish clubs that should pay for most of his flights as he's coming from England!! Even if he is Swedish by nationality, I dunno

3 hours ago, Dandelion said:

But isn't Ludvig based in Newcastle? I mean, I know he goes back and forth between England and Sweden, but surely it's his Swedish clubs that should pay for most of his flights as he's coming from England!! Even if he is Swedish by nationality, I dunno

Ludde moved back to Sweden during last season.

Can see us having a new dane/swede in the team on the reduced average introduced - to me it is the way to build a stromg team - get a couple in your team and you are only using 10.4 points .  Any decent rider in Swedish/Danish league should easily meet the 5.2 average. In the past with a 7.00 assessed average it was a gamble and very few made it in first year (if at all). 

reneeeeee , coming your way .only wants to ride for glasgow or newcastle . so he said !

nice wee loan fee coming our way .

Edited by jenga

On 12/30/2017 at 9:51 AM, StevePark said:

Ludde moved back to Sweden during last season.

Never realized that, did his family go with him? As far as I knew, they're British, just curious

5 hours ago, Mad Max said:

Can see us having a new dane/swede in the team on the reduced average introduced - to me it is the way to build a stromg team - get a couple in your team and you are only using 10.4 points .  Any decent rider in Swedish/Danish league should easily meet the 5.2 average. In the past with a 7.00 assessed average it was a gamble and very few made it in first year (if at all). 

Now just to find 2 names who want to ride for us and that would be good enough.....

5 hours ago, jenga said:

reneeeeee , coming your way .only wants to ride for glasgow or newcastle . so he said !

nice wee loan fee coming our way .

Is this actually happening? Or are you on one of your tangents again?