British Speedway Forum

From the Danish league, the most realistic names that I wouldn't mind seeing would be

Jesper Sogaard (We were going to sign him a few years ago didn't we? And then decided he wasn't very good, I've seen him a few times last year in Denmark, and I dunno if he was just on good form, but he was flying)

Patrick Hansen (Probably wouldn't want to ride in our league and I think he has a Polish team, but not sure if they ride Sundays)

Peter Karger (He's had experience in this country before, but dunno if he'd be good enough)

Andreas Lyager (I think we all know him from Scunthorpe, would be a good addition, but would he come in on the 7.00 he was assessed on before, or would it now be reassessed to a 5.20?)

Just from the few meetings I have seen in Denmark last year, I think these names are the ones who stood out to me the most, again, I have only seen a couple of these once, so maybe they're crappy riders who just happened to have a good meeting, but who knows, wouldn't all of these riders be an expensive gamble, where if we were going to get a couple of foreigners in, the likes of Rene and Ludvig we know what they can do

Just my opinion for next season

Edited by Dandelion

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

Never realized that, did his family go with him? As far as I knew, they're British, just curious

Now just to find 2 names who want to ride for us and that would be good enough.....

Is this actually happening? Or are you on one of your tangents again?

rene bachs own words before last season were he would only ride for glasgow or newcastle

but im led to believe when he wasnt getting enough rides he did offer his services to another team

and also led to believe hes not got sorted this year with teams in his prefered leagues

so you never know uk might be on his mind

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scaramanga said:

rene bachs own words before last season were he would only ride for glasgow or newcastle

but im led to believe when he wasnt getting enough rides he did offer his services to another team

and also led to believe hes not got sorted this year with teams in his prefered leagues

so you never know uk might be on his mind

rene yes but no to lindgren hes went stale and always blaming his bikes or mechanics or the track never going to be more 

than a 7 pointer rider all his carrer

2 hours ago, boomerang said:

rene yes but no to lindgren hes went stale and always blaming his bikes or mechanics or the track never going to be more 

than a 7 pointer rider all his carrer

TBF,,, most riders find something to blame.

I don't care if Ludvig is a 7 point rider, a 10 point rider or a 2 point rider for the rest of his career, some of his races are entertaining to watch, and that's all I'm bothered about, entertainment, one of the most entertaining riders I've seen over the years (in my opinion) is Chris Schramm, and by the time I was watching him regularly, he was below 4 points, but he was still worth at least half of the entrance fee alone, but of course, everyone can have opinions :)

In my opinion, Rene Bach, Ashley Morris, Stuart Robson and Ludvig Lindgren doesn't get much better for entertainment purposes, just need the interesting story of a young number 7 getting better every week (Alfie) A massive number 1 who can just blow riders away (Nichols??? Maybe they will change the rules as rumors have suggested) All of these riders would go into my dream team... But that's it, a dream lol

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Dandelion said:

I don't care if Ludvig is a 7 point rider, a 10 point rider or a 2 point rider for the rest of his career, some of his races are entertaining to watch, and that's all I'm bothered about, entertainment, one of the most entertaining riders I've seen over the years (in my opinion) is Chris Schramm, and by the time I was watching him regularly, he was below 4 points, but he was still worth at least half of the entrance fee alone, but of course, everyone can have opinions :)

In my opinion, Rene Bach, Ashley Morris, Stuart Robson and Ludvig Lindgren doesn't get much better for entertainment purposes, just need the interesting story of a young number 7 getting better every week (Alfie) A massive number 1 who can just blow riders away (Nichols??? Maybe they will change the rules as rumors have suggested) All of these riders would go into my dream team... But that's it, a dream lol

Careful posting the contents of your dreams on here. Especially if they include 7 Kevlar clad men 

• Like 1

luddo welcome at workington . seen him have some brilliant rides . you can have bach , back .

3 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Tweet from Speedway Star, POLAND’S Diamond Geezer … read all about him in Speedway Star this week

Is this a hint for Newcastle or am I going down the wrong track

It is about one of Poland's wealthiest men taking over as promoter of Rzeszow. Go to Speedway Star website and read Speedway Xtra which has a little bit about the article.

Edited by diamond@heart

4 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Tweet from Speedway Star, POLAND’S Diamond Geezer … read all about him in Speedway Star this week

Is this a hint for Newcastle or am I going down the wrong track

Konopka  on his way to the Diamonds ??

2 hours ago, northyorksbear said:

Konopka  on his way to the Diamonds ??

Thought we might end up with the dross, but that is the dross, dross ;)

• Like 1

Rene is not Bach

16 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Rene is back at Workington (along with Rasmus Jensen).

http://www.workingtoncomets.co/news/article.asp?id=100892

If George can build a team now that avoids the Wooden Spoon - he deserves a medal!!

However, I for one live in hope because nobody is in a better position than him to produce the very best team we can get behind and support.

• Like 1