British Speedway Forum

I'm assuming that there have been no announcements as to the team lineup is that everything is on hold until confirmation is received from the authorities as to the suitability of the new co-promoter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpeedwayNeutral said:

So much for rene saying he would only ride for Newcastle or Glasgow in the UK..... Considering Newcastle have only signed two riders...... 

That was when his, and the Diamonds Sponsor and owner, was Alan Hedley of Sapphire Engineering. Alan left at the end of the season.

On 1/3/2018 at 5:28 PM, StevePark said:

Rene is back at Workington (along with Rasmus Jensen).

http://www.workingtoncomets.co/news/article.asp?id=100892

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :sad: I'm glad he's got a team back in the uk, but I REALLY wanted to see him back at Brough, good luck Rene at Workington

While I've been on holiday with my family in the Philippines, I've been trying to get them into speedway by watching a load of old Newcastle meetings from 2014, in some of these meetings Aaron Fox was guesting for us instead of Chris Schramm, and he looked very impressive!! And having looked at his Twitter page he still looks interested in riding over here and looks like he's keen to race!! He just needs to put some pants on and I think he'd do good at Newcastle, might be good to have an American in the side, who was the last American to actually ride for Newcastle? (Not guesting)

On another note, has Mills retired? I know he's old, but last I heard, when we didn't pick him after 2014, he still was looking for a team, not suggesting him as a rider to use, just curious

6 hours ago, Dandelion said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :sad: I'm glad he's got a team back in the uk, but I REALLY wanted to see him back at Brough, good luck Rene at Workington

While I've been on holiday with my family in the Philippines, I've been trying to get them into speedway by watching a load of old Newcastle meetings from 2014, in some of these meetings Aaron Fox was guesting for us instead of Chris Schramm, and he looked very impressive!! And having looked at his Twitter page he still looks interested in riding over here and looks like he's keen to race!! He just needs to put some pants on and I think he'd do good at Newcastle, might be good to have an American in the side, who was the last American to actually ride for Newcastle? (Not guesting)

On another note, has Mills retired? I know he's old, but last I heard, when we didn't pick him after 2014, he still was looking for a team, not suggesting him as a rider to use, just curious

I believe he is an electrician.

Eddie Ingels is the last one I can think of

Brent Werner was in the team and was the newccy brown ale man lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soupy said:

1998, alongside a young Nicki P and Jesper.

10 hours ago, soupy said:

How could I forget about him.  Remember him and Nicki Pedersen in the Northern Riders championship that year at Sheffield, great meeting to watch if you're a Diamonds fan.

Edited by diamond@heart

17 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

How could I forget about him.  Remember him and Nicki Pedersen in the Northern Riders championship that year at Sheffield, great meeting to watch if you're a Diamonds fan.

Yes, and both p!ssed from the previous night at our Dinner Dance, travelled to Sheffield and the track was like a quagmire with lots of spray. Was it Nicki that won it and Brett third. ?  Additionally Nicki had kicked a police car and was held in the cells for a few hours.

Edited by Tsunami

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Yes, and both p!ssed from the previous night at our Dinner Dance, travelled to Sheffield and the track was like a quagmire with lots of spray. Was it Nicki that won it and Brett third. ?  Additionally Nicki had kicked a police car and was held in the cells for a few hours.

What is it with riders at Newcastle being involved in trouble with police? Haha

Boxall, Grant, Scotty Smith, Pedersen, anymore? 

On 05/01/2018 at 2:00 PM, Dandelion said:

Sounds like you had a wild holiday, all the way to the Phillipines to watch videos of Chris Mills and Aaron Fox. Couldnt you of saved some cash and done that in your living room?

You can see how little current information is coming out from the Diamonds 'PR Team' when people are reminiscing about riders and incidents from years ago.