British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Yes, and both p!ssed from the previous night at our Dinner Dance, travelled to Sheffield and the track was like a quagmire with lots of spray. Was it Nicki that won it and Brett third. ?  Additionally Nicki had kicked a police car and was held in the cells for a few hours.

I thought Brent won it, might be wrong. Gonna have to dig the VHS out now and watch it.  I just remember the puddle on the entry to the third bend with a few riders avoiding it and some just going straight through it. Great meeting. Didn't know that about NP and the police car!!!!

2 hours ago, Pinny said:

Sounds like you had a holiday, all the way to the Phillipines to watch videos of Chris Mills and Aaron Fox. Couldnt you of saved some cash and done that in your living room?

Well, I went on holiday, and yes, there was a bit of down time in the evenings, so we watched some dvds while relaxing, it was quite fun actually, and it got my friends and family who were there talking, so yes, it was fun :)

I would rather do that than sit and stare at the walls while we have small talk about nothing...

2 hours ago, Pinny said:

What is it with riders at Newcastle being involved in trouble with police? Haha

Boxall, Grant, Scotty Smith, Pedersen, anymore? 

Don't forget Jerran Hart

2 hours ago, erniew said:

You can see how little current information is coming out from the Diamonds 'PR Team' when people are reminiscing about riders and incidents from years ago.

Yep, I know there might not be anything to say, but silence is worse than updating us about 'nothing'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinny said:

Ben Powel for running over Kenni Larsen?

5 hours ago, Pinny said:

A think King Kenny might be on their files, albeit after being a Diamond :(

5 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

I thought Brent won it, might be wrong. Gonna have to dig the VHS out now and watch it.  I just remember the puddle on the entry to the third bend with a few riders avoiding it and some just going straight through it. Great meeting. Didn't know that about NP and the police car!!!!

You could be right D@H. I just remember they both did very well on a gaters track, and they would need to get clear of the puddles before the rest in the race. Hope you can find the VHS, and hope you still have player to play it on.

1 hour ago, Robinh88 said:

Class act was Larsen 

And a lovely guy. After Ben Powell ran his bike into him after Kenni had won a race against him, Kenni just said "why did he do that David" and looked puzzled. No swear words or chasing after him into the pit, just bewildered why a fellow rider would do such a stupid action. Ben rightly got a season long ban, but returned home to OZ without paying his large fine so no chance of him riding again..

• Like 2

How's Kenni going nowadays? The updates on him seemed to just disappear, is he back to full health and living life 'normally'? Frightening accident he had :( I heard people saying he was returning to Newcastle!! Does that mean he's back on a bike??? Having said that, I heard them rumours a while ago and I can't get into my head whether it was before or after the incident :(

Doesn't he have a younger brother? Who also rides

Edited by Dandelion

When is the new promoter going to be named ? also any news on other riders ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, highside said:

When is the new promoter going to be named ? also any news on other riders ?

A wonder if the new promoter is a 'new' promoter, or are they involved elsewhere ?

I'm assuming the new promoter is new to speedway, if they are already involved then due diligence will already be in place. Regarding the lack of any news, the promotion are advertising season tickets for sale without any information regarding ownership or team lineup, It's a bit like asking you to buy a ticket for a stage show without telling you which show it is and who's appearing, not very good promoting!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, erniew said:

I'm assuming the new promoter is new to speedway, if they are already involved then due diligence will already be in place. Regarding the lack of any news, the promotion are advertising season tickets for sale without any information regarding ownership or team lineup, It's a bit like asking you to buy a ticket for a stage show without telling you which show it is and who's appearing, not very good promoting!

Lucky dip ?

Regarding season tickets,  am sure some would purchase them regardless of who the promotion is and, am sure the team will take up most of the 42.50pts available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, erniew said:

Nothing new in selling season tickets with the team members unknown. Happens every year as season tickets are good Xmas presents, and helps the club to pay some up front costs. How many teams have full teams in time for season tickets in the past ? Usually only Rye House from my experience. Obviously Newcastle have the additional problem that they have to set up a new company, including the new promoter, so things will take time. One thing we all know is that given our history, we will be trying to get the best we can, given the circumstances, and will have talked to riders in anticipation. There will always be riders wanting to come to Newcastle. 

48 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Nothing new in selling season tickets with the team members unknown. Happens every year as season tickets are good Xmas presents, and helps the club to pay some up front costs. How many teams have full teams in time for season tickets in the past ? Usually only Rye House from my experience. Obviously Newcastle have the additional problem that they have to set up a new company, including the new promoter, so things will take time. One thing we all know is that given our history, we will be trying to get the best we can, given the circumstances, and will have talked to riders in anticipation. There will always be riders wanting to come to Newcastle. 

So dave were you involved negotiating with riders and can you say how difficult or easy it is, and what stupid things did they ask for in your day... Might pass the time while we wait for any news.