British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Petulant and moody ask any Glasgow or Berwick fan , if he was such a good little boy at Redcar why don't you take him back we could always use another loan fee.

I’d have him back, rather him than Kus, who only tries if he gates and pulls out of a race if he isn’t infront and blames his bike, I worked for Dimitri when he was at redcar, and found he was a quiet lad, always smiling and just got on with his riding, didn’t moan about anything, Glasgow put too much pressure on him to score big which he wasn’t comfortable with, Sheffield seemed happy with him and only released him when it came down to numbers and as for Berwick I don’t know what happened there, so as far as I’m concerned Dimitri is fine if he has the right backing, just let him do his thing and don’t put to much pressure on him 

16 minutes ago, Gating tart said:

Wilkinson And rose the next two signings 

Fact or speculation? Whichever, I wouldn't be surprised at all if you were spot on.

Personally I wouldn't have a problem with one or both of these riders. Always liked Wilkinson's combatitive style even though he's not always guaranteed to stay on for 4 laps and Lewis knows Brough Park well enough now to add to his average.

What about Tungate after his Aussie Championship performances?  Although he probably has Polish commitments? Has performed well at Brough in the past, paid 11 back in 2015 I believe.  Not sure what average he would come in on.

No to Wilkinson but yes to Rose.

I hope we are not pinning our hopes on getting Nicholls to be told at the last minute that he can't ride in the Championship (remember the Matej Ferjan fiasco).  Would be good to get him and think he will add a few to crowd numbers.  I have a feeling that Tungate falls into the same category as Nicholls i.e. will need to be granted permission.  If however we are on a budget, is Nicholls signature likely to happen as I would imagine he will not come cheap.

Interesting if not quiet times at the moment and looking forward to a bit of positive team news, hopefully soon. Fingers crossed

2 hours ago, BenR195 said:

I’d have him back, rather him than Kus, who only tries if he gates and pulls out of a race if he isn’t infront and blames his bike, I worked for Dimitri when he was at redcar, and found he was a quiet lad, always smiling and just got on with his riding, didn’t moan about anything, Glasgow put too much pressure on him to score big which he wasn’t comfortable with, Sheffield seemed happy with him and only released him when it came down to numbers and as for Berwick I don’t know what happened there, so as far as I’m concerned Dimitri is fine if he has the right backing, just let him do his thing and don’t put to much pressure on him 

I am surprised nobody has even mentioned him for a team place but seeing as nobody has that maybe is an indicator he has burned a lot of bridges.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BenR195 said:

He was fine at Sheffield in 2016. Riding at no.2 he regularly got the better of Steady (a feat not many were able to achieve at Owlerton!)

37 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

He was fine at Sheffield in 2016. Riding at no.2 he regularly got the better of Steady (a feat not many were able to achieve at Owlerton!)

Yeah, but was Steady not just coming back from his serious injury then?

Stead was at his brilliant best but found himself having to settle for the bonus point behind the Frenchman on a good few occasions.

• Like 1

Dunno whats happening re. Josh Bates, but maybe Sheffield could squeeze him in if worst came to worst.

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Dunno whats happening re. Josh Bates, but maybe Sheffield could squeeze him in if worst came to worst.

Bates has declared he is racing this season for Sheffield and Leicester.

Edited by diamond@heart
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

Bates has declared he is racing this season for Sheffield and Leicester.

Thats great news, but on the downside,,, it means one less place that Berge could end up at ;)

22 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

What about Tungate after his Aussie Championship performances?  Although he probably has Polish commitments? Has performed well at Brough in the past, paid 11 back in 2015 I believe.  Not sure what average he would come in on.

No to Wilkinson but yes to Rose.

I hope we are not pinning our hopes on getting Nicholls to be told at the last minute that he can't ride in the Championship (remember the Matej Ferjan fiasco).  Would be good to get him and think he will add a few to crowd numbers.  I have a feeling that Tungate falls into the same category as Nicholls i.e. will need to be granted permission.  If however we are on a budget, is Nicholls signature likely to happen as I would imagine he will not come cheap.

Interesting if not quiet times at the moment and looking forward to a bit of positive team news, hopefully soon. Fingers crossed

Rohan has said that he won't be riding in the CL this year.

21 hours ago, 4thbender said:

Stead was at his brilliant best but found himself having to settle for the bonus point behind the Frenchman on a good few occasions.

Stead was one of those riders that was a team man & willing to settle behind a team mate not like others I see  racing for the extra point/money, gets himself or his team mate in trouble, not racing for his, & the supporters, team.

52 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Stead was one of those riders that was a team man & willing to settle behind a team mate not like others I see  racing for the extra point/money, gets himself or his team mate in trouble, not racing for his, & the supporters, team.

And the rider in second place, behind his partner, will be paid for the bonus point, but it will not be used for his official average making him a bigger bargain on the lower average. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

And the rider in second place, behind his partner, will be paid for the bonus point, but it will not be used for his official average making him a bigger bargain on the lower average. 

is that the same as average manipulation Dave ?

• Like 1