British Speedway Forum

looking like a danny phillips shoe in now .

Great news , hope the club is in stable hands and we carry on for many years to come .

Edited by highside
  • Like 2

Well at least we now know 2 things, who the new promoter is and who will be riding at 7! Anyone know what Martin does and how rich he is?

9 hours ago, jenga said:

looking like a danny phillips shoe in now .

1 hour ago, erniew said:

Well at least we now know 2 things, who the new promoter is and who will be riding at 7! Anyone know what Martin does and how rich he is?

Not necessarily. 

No Steve, It's not certain that Danny will be in the team. But what we do know is that Danny was keen on returning if fit. On the financial side, he lives locally and travel costs would be minimal and you also have to factor in he was only one meeting away from virtually doubling his average. I think the fact that the new promoter is his father may have some small input but I don't think that any of the promotion team would let nepertism cloud the issue of assembling the best team possible under whatever financial resraints have been set in place.

3 minutes ago, erniew said:

No Steve, It's not certain that Danny will be in the team. But what we do know is that Danny was keen on returning if fit. On the financial side, he lives locally and travel costs would be minimal and you also have to factor in he was only one meeting away from virtually doubling his average. I think the fact that the new promoter is his father may have some small input but I don't think that any of the promotion team would let nepertism cloud the issue of assembling the best team possible under whatever financial resraints have been set in place.

I would love to know how much you think riders get paid to travel ! it’s absolutely penny’s !! Has Danny even been back on a bike since his crash ?? 

2 minutes ago, Gating tart said:

I would love to know how much you think riders get paid to travel ! it’s absolutely penny’s !! Has Danny even been back on a bike since his crash ?? 

How much do they get then?

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

How much do they get then?

10/15p per mile, think the minimum has to be 10p but some clubs will offer 15 maybe 20p per mile

So are you saying that a rider living in Sweden gets 15p per mile to help towards the cost of his 'plane ticket?

A suppose its down the individual rider, somewhere between what he wants and what he is prepared to accept.

41 minutes ago, erniew said:

So are you saying that a rider living in Sweden gets 15p per mile to help towards the cost of his 'plane ticket?

Ha ha.

Paid Flight.:D

1 hour ago, Gating tart said:

Not sure it he has yet but he has already signed for the NL, I think for Stoke, so he must think he is OK. Probably trying out at Redcar when the track is fit to ride I would imagine. 

28 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A suppose its down the individual rider, somewhere between what he wants and what he is prepared to accept.

That sounds like a similar choice you make when deciding if the woman youve just met is worthy of a 2nd date..... :lol:

• Haha 1