British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Not sure it he has yet but he has already signed for the NL, I think for Stoke, so he must think he is OK. Probably trying out at Redcar when the track is fit to ride I would imagine. 

I’m glad to hear he is fit but I think Danny would be a big risk after such a big crash and a bad injury ! some rides are never the same or take months to get their confidence back 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Not sure it he has yet but he has already signed for the NL, I think for Stoke, so he must think he is OK. Probably trying out at Redcar when the track is fit to ride I would imagine. 

Not been announced anywhere yet and Stoke cannot fit him i with the points left. Must be either Belle Vue or Coventry although with Cov running on a sunday also i guess he is Manchester bound.......

I think it’s the opposite and don’t think Danny will ride in the championship this year I think he will concentrate on NL and getting himself a full years racing and don’t think he can fit in at stoke his ave too high for what they have left 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Not been announced anywhere yet and Stoke cannot fit him i with the points left. Must be either Belle Vue or Coventry although with Cov running on a sunday also i guess he is Manchester bound.......

Yes, I checked it after I posted and saw he did not fit in now. I can't remember where I read now, but it was only a couple of weeks ago, and I took heart that he was thinking he was fit enough ro ride, and had signed for someone. In anycase, I don't think anybody would sign him until he actually rides and convinces people that he is ft enough to start the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Yes, I checked it after I posted and saw he did not fit in now. I can't remember where I read now, but it was only a couple of weeks ago, and I took heart that he was thinking he was fit enough ro ride, and had signed for someone. In anycase, I don't think anybody would sign him until he actually rides and convinces people that he is ft enough to start the season.

There will be an announcement soon (according to Danny on both Twitter & Facebook) to say that he has signed for a team.  It didn't say in which league, though.  He had signed a week or two ago, but couldn't say who for (again, that was on Twitter/Facebook).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, StevePark said:

There will be an announcement soon (according to Danny on both Twitter & Facebook) to say that he has signed for a team.  It didn't say in which league, though.  He had signed a week or two ago, but couldn't say who for (again, that was on Twitter/Facebook).

I knew I had read it.

6 hours ago, Gating tart said:

Between 10 and 15p which is nothing 

But remember they can claim the difference up to 45p from HMRC.

14 minutes ago, edmon said:

In that case, they probly don't receive anything then ;)

1 hour ago, edmon said:

Right but I’m on about what the club pays riders for travel 

On 17/01/2018 at 7:57 PM, boomerang said:

supported them for 40 years but am entitled to my opinion like everyone else and who are you anyway your probably not even a supporter 

yaself. You do wat you want and I will do the same so unless you wear a uniform don't try and police the forum sado

I am new to this forum and yes you are entitled to your opinion like anyone else but I don't expect to be verbally abused by you. I'm sure this forum is policed in the right manner so be careful with your abuse please.

2 hours ago, edmon said:

I think you mean deduct the difference from their taxable income. In effect you get back 20% from HMRC.

28 minutes ago, Winditon said:

I am new to this forum and yes you are entitled to your opinion like anyone else but I don't expect to be verbally abused by you. I'm sure this forum is policed in the right manner so be careful with your abuse please.

correct the forum is policed by the proper people and not you so if id abused you I would have been barred which I haven't .

do you even no anything about speedway or do you just sit on the couch and watch it on b.t sport

Just now, boomerang said:

correct the forum is policed by the proper people and not you so if id abused you I would have been barred which I haven't .

do you even no anything about speedway or do you just sit on the couch and watch it on b.t sport

anyway back to danny Philips even before his big crash he was never on the pace he would always be last out of the gate so he didn't have 

to mix it in the first corner day say he,s a canny lad but he will never cut the mustard and bear this in mind he has been riding a good 

few years and has never improved so he is going to be even worse after his crash last year so defo don't want him in the team.

maybe just stick toriding in the national league

41 minutes ago, Winditon said:

What abuse you on about here ?