British Speedway Forum

35 minutes ago, boomerang said:

there you go everyone has a pop at everyone at some point on this forum its just banter not abuse so you may as well get used to it.

totally agree with diamond heart you not even risk phillips but hope they don't see it through rose tinted glasses with his da being co-promoter 

and windition I think by the posts you have had in response to abuse I rest my case,but if your new to this forum welcome but everyone

has a different opinion if they didn't the world would be a sad place anyway enjoy your new member status sado the 2nd ha

Good banter Boomerang. Hope I've passed my initiation. Seriously though regarding the team I hope Danny Phillips isn't conidered. Firstly I don't think he will ever improve much and secondly he has had quite a serious injury so he would be a big gamble. If our 2nd reserve is going to be around the 3 point average mark I think Alfie Bowtell is a much better option. I think ludvig will definitely be back. Anyone any thoughts on Jan Graversen as I think he is available. Looks like we are still waiting on he Nicholls/Kennett situation.

On 18/01/2018 at 9:26 PM, ruffdiamond said:

Best be prepared to have your eyes opened then. Abuse is second nature on here, and is usually water off a ducks back.

i hope i am not going to be dragged into this , i never give anyone abuse .

only the ones that can take it :)

welcome aboard .

31 minutes ago, Diamondlil said:

I will be very surprised if either of them will be riding at brough. They won’t come cheap.

Yes I agree. They won't be cheap. Depends on how much of a budget our new promotion have at their disposal. 

1 hour ago, jenga said:

i hope i am not going to be dragged into this , i never give anyone abuse .:)

Why should you be dragged in, unless you want to be ?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Winditon said:

Yes I agree. They won't be cheap. Depends on how much of a budget our new promotion have at their disposal. 

Well I don't think the budget would stretch to the likes of the Lambert deal. I think both Kennet and Scott have berths in the Premier, but that won't pay them to ride in the PL alone as they don't do Poland, Sweden or Denmark either. They will both need for financial seasons, to have a supplement to their earnings especially on marginally lower money in an easier league like the Championships. If they had signed the other way around, their Championship salaries would have been higher than they can expect now. They won't be cheap, but I would think at least they will be at every meeting unlike one that we know. Funny enough they are both at Rye House alongside Robbo, what's to say Scott's travel could be combined with a hitched ride with Robbo to half his driving. No doubt there will be a plan to get him to Brough every Sunday and Glasgow, Edinburgh, Berwick fixtures will just be combined as two days racing instead of just one home meeting. Let's see what happens in the middle of next week. Never know we might have another couple of riders announced by then. 

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Well I don't think the budget would stretch to the likes of the Lambert deal. I think both Kennet and Scott have berths in the Premier, but that won't pay them to ride in the PL alone as they don't do Poland, Sweden or Denmark either. They will both need for financial seasons, to have a supplement to their earnings especially on marginally lower money in an easier league like the Championships. If they had signed the other way around, their Championship salaries would have been higher than they can expect now. They won't be cheap, but I would think at least they will be at every meeting unlike one that we know. Funny enough they are both at Lakeside, alongside Robbo, what's to say Scott's travel could be combined with a hitched ride with Robbo to half his driving. No doubt there will be a plan to get him to Brough every Sunday and Glasgow, Edinburgh, Berwick fixtures will just be combined as two days racing instead of just one home meeting. Let's see what happens in the middle of next week. Never know we might have another couple of riders announced by then. 

Still plenty of riders out there. Nicolls, Kennett, Jorgensen, Lindgren, Rose, Aarnio, Wilkinson, Graversen, Bowtell, Philips are the ones I can think of plus there will be foreign riders. So I think we could still assemble a pretty decent side.

• Like 1

On 19/01/2018 at 10:19 PM, Winditon said:

I love a bit banter as anyone who knows me will justify.

Justify what?

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:19 PM, Winditon said:

I love a bit banter as anyone who knows me will justify.

Need names just to check this out just for research and to see if you are lying.

• Like 1

Ludvig or Alfie hopefully

8 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Ludvig or Alfie hopefully

Really hope it’s not ludvig! I just can’t see him getting any better! He has reached his level I think a change of track will do him good 

• Like 1