British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, Shearer09 said:

Fine tradition of leading well on and off track it’s hard to lead people sulking in a chair as he does almost every meeting!! 

Or shouting and screaming after he’s has a bad race he’s far from a leader all for his self 

• Like 1

Hope to top it all he is not given the captain,s armband.

he can hardly look after himself never mind the other 6 guy,s in the team.

If he concentrates on himself and his bikes he might be able to achieve an 8 point plus average

something which he has never done in his entire british career but wont be holding my breath.

And for gods sake please see sense martin phillips and don't sign your son he,s not and 

has never been any good

12 minutes ago, boomerang said:

If he concentrates on himself and his bikes he might be able to achieve an 8 point plus average

something which he has never done in his entire british career but wont be holding my breath.

And for gods sake please see sense martin phillips and don't sign your son he,s not and 

has never been any good

I would think if our top six total 40/40.5ish then there is a good chance he'll be back. Before he got injured he had more than doubled his average and actually averaged more than Jacobs, Berge, Davey, Perry,  Smith, Hopwood, Bowtell, Bacon, and quite a few more. A rider coming back from injury is always a bit of a risk, but on a 2.00 worth taking if it means your top six are around 40ish.

1 hour ago, boomerang said:

has never been any good

I would give the captain's armband to Robbo.

Edited by diamond@heart
  • Like 2

1 Nicholls

2 Aarnio

3 Rose

4 Robson (c)

5 Lindgren

6 Morris

7 Bowtell or Hopwood

• Like 1

Just now, ruffdiamond said:

The way things are panning out, Ludde could end up as our no.1.

Been there, done that, didn't work out...however he is 27 years old now and needs to step up to the plate and start banging the points in as 2nd heat leader - no more pootling around at #4

1 hour ago, leander said:

I would think if our top six total 40/40.5ish then there is a good chance he'll be back. Before he got injured he had more than doubled his average and actually averaged more than Jacobs, Berge, Davey, Perry,  Smith, Hopwood, Bowtell, Bacon, and quite a few more. A rider coming back from injury is always a bit of a risk, but on a 2.00 worth taking if it means your top six are around 40ish.

I would take everyone of those you have mentioned before Phillips.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PaulS said:

1 Nicholls

2 Aarnio

3 Rose

4 Robson (c)

5 Lindgren

6 Morris

7 Bowtell or Hopwood

Its Phillips at 7 and possibly Nicholls the rest you have got spot on. 

Not really an inspired start to team building imo hopefully there will be a few surprises to come but I’m not very hopeful of that happening. No offence to the 3 signed up but they’ve been part of the team for the last few seasons which we’ve been really poor and I don’t see that improving. I hope Aarnio isn’t back either I don’t get all the hype surrounding him personally.

A wonder if there anymore signings today, as mentioned by another, more senior forum member,,,

said 3, but maybe its Redcar, as it was a Redcar thread.

20 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

Still leaves the 1 and 29 July though.

July 1st confirmed as the date for the Fours at Redcar.

15 hours ago, Winditon said:

I would take everyone of those you have mentioned before Phillips.

Yes, but apart from Bowtell, none of them come in on a 2.00.