British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Well I for one am pleased to see Ludde back. He’s a great entertainer when he’s on his game and he can never be faulted for effort. 

10/10 for the signing, 1/10 for the manner of the announcement. 

Was probably to expensive to have it emblazoned across the Tyne bridge using lasers and maybe take that doing a concert underneath it!!!!! 

7 hours ago, andys said:

Was probably to expensive to have it emblazoned across the Tyne bridge using lasers and maybe take that doing a concert underneath it!!!!! 

So, your not dissagreeing that he is worth it tho ? ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

So, your not dissagreeing that he is worth it tho ? ;)

Far from it, I'd rather of had someone else in the team, however I suppose he was always going to be back, it's been said before but he has to start scoring points away from home. 

• Like 1

I agree Andy, I think Lindgren will not improve his average but it's obvious he's back as an asset and we are building to a budget. I think we have to get used to the idea that this season is one of running rather than not and just enjoy the speedway and anything else is a bonus.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, erniew said:

I agree Andy, I think Lindgren will not improve his average but it's obvious he's back as an asset and we are building to a budget. I think we have to get used to the idea that this season is one of running rather than not and just enjoy the speedway and anything else is a bonus.

Dream of less, and yiu might end up with more ;)

3 hours ago, erniew said:

But based on that thinking, why have we not used Kus, I can only assume that he does not fit, is to expensive, does not want to ride for us or has he been sold back to the Bears.  Seems strange to go to great lengths to sign a rider one year and then never use him in any of the subsequent years!!! 

41 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

But based on that thinking, why have we not used Kus, I can only assume that he does not fit, is to expensive, does not want to ride for us or has he been sold back to the Bears.  Seems strange to go to great lengths to sign a rider one year and then never use him in any of the subsequent years!!! 

Taken from the Redcar thread posted by Tsunami

"As usual totally wrong. Matej wanted away from Havvy and in fact moved out of his house I believe. We fancied Kus and signed him. The following year we already had Steve Worrall and went for the big one Robert Lambert. So it was either Matej or Ludde and it was decided to go for Ludde as he brings more with him. This year Matej is riding in Poland so no Sundays for him, and he has gone on loan to your new promotion."

But don't let facts get in the way.

Good luck Matej this year.

17 hours ago, Winditon said:

We don't know if our 2nd reserve will be on a 2.00. 

I never said he would. I said IF the rest total 40+ he'd be a good bet. Probably irrelevant now anyway he's signed for Coventry and I'm sure I've read somewhere that they are racing Sundays.

14 hours ago, Diamondlil said:

According to chronicle today George confirms Lundy is captain again

What is the matter with 'Robbo'? He is a super Captain. I just don't get that at all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

What is the matter with 'Robbo'? He is a super Captain. I just don't get that at all.

Doesn't really matter who is Captain in a Speedway Team,certain riders help out other whatever their position .Heads or tails is the hardest decision the Captain has to make.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Doesn't really matter who is Captain in a Speedway Team,certain riders help out other whatever their position .Heads or tails is the hardest decision the Captain has to make.

Sorry, I don't agree. 'Robbo' is always ready to help other Riders in the Pits, a great Team man, a great motivator, and an inspiring leader. 

Can Lindgren match 'Robbo's' qualifications as Captain? I guess we will have to wait and see - but I have my doubts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Totally agree.who is the first rider out on track when a team mate falls and needs medical attention.Robbo. Luddy like the cows tale 

2 hours ago, The White Knight said:

Sorry, I don't agree. 'Robbo' is always ready to help other Riders in the Pits, a great Team man, a great motivator, and an inspiring leader. 

Can Lindgren match 'Robbo's' qualifications as Captain? I guess we will have to wait and see - but I have my doubts.

24 minutes ago, Diamondlil said:

Totally agree.who is the first rider out on track when a team mate falls and needs medical attention.Robbo. Luddy like the cows tale 

Maybe it  should be the team manager/promoters decisions that should be questioned, unless the captain just picks himself, of course.

Edited by ruffdiamond
incomplete post

26 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe it  should be the team manager/promoters decisions that should be questioned, unless the captain just picks himself, of course.

At Newcastle it really doesn't matter who is captain as both Ludde and Robbo seem to get involved together. Ludde is the appointed Club captain, and does a good job, but Robbo is allways there to help anyway. Time to move on.

• Like 1

Well, 3 down and 4 to go. Are we having an announcement every week as the riders have already been signed? or are we still negotiating with riders?