British Speedway Forum

32 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Agree, regarding Kennett.

Clegg has done ok at Brough in the past, but the name I heard has a higher average than Ash and, would come in at reserve.

Tero Aarnio    perhaps  average 5.02

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Tero Aarnio    perhaps  average 5.02

A hope not.

5 hours ago, Tsunami said:

At Newcastle it really doesn't matter who is captain as both Ludde and Robbo seem to get involved together. Ludde is the appointed Club captain, and does a good job, but Robbo is allways there to help anyway. Time to move on.

I totally disagree. I qute like Ludde he's a 100% rider and which i love watching him especially at home. I think he knows he needs to improve his away perfomances but don't think he's an ideal captain as he is constantly beating himself up after a bad ride whether it's shouting at himself or his mechanic or smashing his helmet off his pits area.He should be ready to give encouragement to the riders going out in the next heat and more often than not he's not in a position to do so. For this reason I think Robbo should be handed the captaincy because of his mild manner and his experience.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Winditon said:

I totally disagree. I qute like Ludde he's a 100% rider and which i love watching him especially at home. I think he knows he needs to improve his away perfomances but don't think he's an ideal captain as he is constantly beating himself up after a bad ride whether it's shouting at himself or his mechanic or smashing his helmet off his pits area.He should be ready to give encouragement to the riders going out in the next heat and more often than not he's not in a position to do so. For this reason I think Robbo should be handed the captaincy because of his mild manner and his experience.

Feel free to disagree.

What about Lindgren, Robson & Morris joined by T Jorgensen, Rose, Wilson Dean and Clegg.  Total 42.46?

Expected end of season averages based on Morris & Clegg spending the majority of the season at reserve (both their starting averages are after riding mostly all season in the top 5):

Jorgensen 8, Rose 7.5, Lindgren 7.5, Robson 7, Wilson Dean 7, Morris 6 and Clegg 5.  Total 48. Should be competitive.  Especially as all bar Lindgren will also ride in the Premiership.

No out and out No1 but if you can't afford one use up the points with riders who can improve.

I still fondly remember the season we started with Thorpe and Lamb at reserve.  Strongest reserve pairing ever????

Prefer a proper #1. I remember the Josef Franc at #1 years when we would be close to teams Home and and away and lose heats 13 and 15 by 10-2 to lose the match.

12 hours ago, Winditon said:

Ask Steve Park he will know or does he just state the obvious??

I just state the obvious..... :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

On 27/01/2018 at 12:56 AM, enotian said:

What about Lindgren, Robson & Morris joined by T Jorgensen, Rose, Wilson Dean and Clegg.  Total 42.46?

Expected end of season averages based on Morris & Clegg spending the majority of the season at reserve (both their starting averages are after riding mostly all season in the top 5):

Jorgensen 8, Rose 7.5, Lindgren 7.5, Robson 7, Wilson Dean 7, Morris 6 and Clegg 5.  Total 48. Should be competitive.  Especially as all bar Lindgren will also ride in the Premiership.

No out and out No1 but if you can't afford one use up the points with riders who can improve.

I still fondly remember the season we started with Thorpe and Lamb at reserve.  Strongest reserve pairing ever????

Jorgensen? Why? He had struggled at BP in the past and l’m not sure how resilient he is. 

Not for me.

6 hours ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Jorgensen? Why? He had struggled at BP in the past and l’m not sure how resilient he is. 

Not for me.

Not for me either, but I can't see a change in the Nicholls/Kennett situation,,, so there might not be much left.

I reckon they're putting off a decision on Kennett/Nichols until after they have both retired!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2