British Speedway Forum

We had 23.40 left before these two signings, on the last green sheet averages, Wilkinson 4.97 and Aarnio 5.02 making 9.99.

2 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Why choose 2 riders who have never done anything of note in there career yet you have Ellis Perks one of the outstanding riders of last season who can’t get a job? 

This team will get some hammerings away.

That's pretty unfair on Wilko and Tero, in my book.

I don't know that much about Ellis Perks so I shan't comment on his situation.

Let's see how the season pans out, shall we?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Tero at reserve last time with us sometimes scored heat leader scores. He dropped right back when riding for Scunny but declared later he hated the track. Let's hope he returns to his last form with us cos we could win matches because of him. 

Wilko would not have been on my list, but one thing you can say is he will be trying hard as he doesn't like getting beat. He will be a big score at many tracks, and hope he can master our track to make him a reliable big score at home.  We are certainly going to be a strength in depth side this year and it didn't do Recar any harm doing that last year. With 13ish points left will we go with a 6 and a 7, or an 8 and a 5. It will all swivel around if we can find an 8pointer which is the way I hope we can go.

Thanks AndyS, no chance of Nicholls then. See you tomorrow.

You know what you're getting with the 5 riders signed so far.  The latest two will give you 100% each and every race and with Ash, Robbo and Ludde, we should have some terrific racing at Brough Park this season, no matter who the last two signings are.

Just shy of 13 and half points left for those two spots  Which way to go (depending on whose available)? An 8 and a 5? A 7 and a 6? A 10 and a 3 or a 9 and a 4 (I'll not be holding my breath on that two! LOL)??

Edited by StevePark

4 hours ago, Winditon said:

Remember our away record last season was pretty poor. I think we could be a much more solid team Gonna have 2 good reserves which can be match winners!!

I think we will have to agree to disagree on that one. I understand the team needs built to a budget but it’s the same group of riders we’ve had for the last few seasons which hasn’t done anything so I don’t suddenly see why you think this team will be any different.

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

You know what you're getting with the 5 riders signed so far.  The latest two will give you 100% each and every race and with Ash, Robbo and Ludde, we should have some terrific racing at Brough Park this season, no matter who the last two signings are.

Just shy of 13 and half points left for those two spots  Which way to go (depending on whose available)? An 8 and a 5? A 7 and a 6? A 10 and a 3 or a 9 and a 4 (I'll not be holding my breath on that two! LOL)??

I'm quite pleased with the make up of the team. Going to have strong reserves no matter what. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Just my opinion of course but I wouldn’t have signed either of those two we’ve been there done that, would rather have seen some new blood so to speak but it wasn’t to be. Will be a long hard season that’s for sure.

15 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

Newcastle and Carl Wilkinson are perfect for each other....:lol:

Like you and Redcar, cos every village has to have one. :P

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

Newcastle and Carl Wilkinson are perfect for each other....:lol:

Says the one who have Ben Barker in their team...... :lol:

28 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Like you and Redcar, cos every village has to have one. :P

A post-box ???,,, a don't get it Dave :(

• Haha 1

Carl Wilkinson last year I would have beat him on a bmx , he was shocking at Scunny and don’t see any improvement in him . As for Tero I liked him at Scunny always gave 100% andcsn see his average going up . The key to Newcastle is who do they get for the No 1 jacket