British Speedway Forum

See our new sponsor, BTS is named, best of look to them. Hope it puts some minds at rest.

• Like 1

Good news with the announcement of the main sponsor. All we need now is the announcement of the last 2 riders and the dates of Press & Practice and, if we are having one, the meet the riders night.

2 hours ago, erniew said:

Good news with the announcement of the main sponsor. All we need now is the announcement of the last 2 riders and the dates of Press & Practice and, if we are having one, the meet the riders night.

Practice will be Sunday 25th March and P&P will be Monday 26th March, I would guess.

I assumed 25th/26th for P&P Just wondering if the meet the riders night could be used as a fundraiser providing there is enough time to organise one.

• Like 1

Great news to hear we now have a main sponsor who has been, and is, a real long term fan. John has regularly been a meeting sponsor and has appeared on the kevlars of many home riders. So a new promoter Martin(to be confirmed by the BSPA I think), a new safe sponsor, 5 riders signed and just 2 to be signed and announced. Great progress since Sapphire left, In a very short period. Obviously the promotion couldn't publish 'no news' and I think it has been seen it has been worth waiting for.

Interesting Scott Nichols is very upbeat on todays tweet, maybe that he is going to be allowed to ride for Peterborough, so we can rule out that avenue for our number 1 and concentrate on other avenues. I wonder is there is anybody riding in the Premiership, who is not riding in Poland, and could be considered for D'Uing with us. Either that or a foreign rider with previous experience in the UK who could be talked back to the UK. Just my own guesses I would add.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Dave, so if Scotty can ride for Peterboro,,,, does that mean we can get Eddie ??? :(

People - and especially Tsunami of course - will remember Eddie's first visit to BP in what was the Gems' first CL meeting. He was in a different class that day but notwithstanding his potential he has never trained on - rather like Will Lawson, who was also in that meeting, I fear that a few months at Berwick did for him.

That said,  he might be a class act at home. 

33 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

People - and especially Tsunami of course - will remember Eddie's first visit to BP in what was the Gems' first CL meeting. He was in a different class that day but notwithstanding his potential he has never trained on - rather like Will Lawson, who was also in that meeting, I fear that a few months at Berwick did for him.

That said,  he might be a class act at home. 

By, you have a cracking memory TG. I remember it well, and I think John Branney guested for them and broke his ankle on the 4th bend. I stood toe to toe with Barney when Eddie was riding, and took the mick out of him for his wild enthusiasm. It's what fathers do but.

RuffD

Yes it could, but not sure he would want to travel that far, and don't forget I think he still does stox racing and is pretty good at it. Never buy a silencer off him tho.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

RuffD

Yes it could, but not sure he would want to travel that far, and don't forget I think he still does stox racing and is pretty good at it. Never buy a silencer off him tho.

Thats good to hear and, BTW,,, I wouldn't buy anything off anyone you know Dave ;)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Great news to hear we now have a main sponsor who has been, and is, a real long term fan. John has regularly been a meeting sponsor and has appeared on the kevlars of many home riders. So a new promoter Martin(to be confirmed by the BSPA I think), a new safe sponsor, 5 riders signed and just 2 to be signed and announced. Great progress since Sapphire left, In a very short period. Obviously the promotion couldn't publish 'no news' and I think it has been seen it has been worth waiting for.

Interesting Scott Nichols is very upbeat on todays tweet, maybe that he is going to be allowed to ride for Peterborough, so we can rule out that avenue for our number 1 and concentrate on other avenues. I wonder is there is anybody riding in the Premiership, who is not riding in Poland, and could be considered for D'Uing with us. Either that or a foreign rider with previous experience in the UK who could be talked back to the UK. Just my own guesses I would add.

Makes me think we are trying to get Kennett with us not naming the other two riders as we await the outcome with him and Nicolls. Scott could still end up at Peterborough.

40 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Makes me think we are trying to get Kennett with us not naming the other two riders as we await the outcome with him and Nicolls. Scott could still end up at Peterborough.

Don't think it will be either Nicholls or Kennett,,, maybe a rider that atm is not linked to a UK team, but holds an ave. above 6 in the top league,,, therefore any rule change could open up more avenue's or alleyways, or maybe a big can of worms, but will be interesting to see how it pans out.

7 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Don't think it will be either Nicholls or Kennett,,, maybe a rider that atm is not linked to a UK team, but holds an ave. above 6 in the top league,,, therefore any rule change could open up more avenue's or alleyways, or maybe a big can of worms, but will be interesting to see how it pans out.

I know it won't be Nicholls as it's well known he's definitely going to Peterborough depending on this outcome. Our average so far with the five riders is 29.10 so there's a few ways we could go with the other 2.

Would love to see Bjarne back for one last season if his average fit and if he was allowed to and if he was cheap enough .. 

Edited by KEITH M

I would put Bjarne down as still a quality rider in this league, should comfortably average 8.5 plus. 

6 hours ago, KEITH M said:

Would love to see Bjarne back for one last season if his average fit and if he was allowed to and if he was cheap enough .. 

Just a thought. Kevin Wolbert and Ellis Perks would fit.

• Like 1