British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Nicholls and Bacon at Peteborough. Kennett should be heading your way.

Don't think so as Kennett has lots of interest down south, and probably would not come this far north every week. My guess is what Ruff is saying, now the rule has gone, we will be looking for who falls into the 'home grown' situation, and who is then available. Then sign someone that fits under the limit.  There is still the possibility of a new foreign rider from the EU(no visas), or a returnee having ridden here before.

Edited by Tsunami

Just now, Tsunami said:

Don't think so as Kennet has lots of interest down south, and probably would not come this far north every week. My guess is what Ruff is saying, if the rule has gone we will be looking for who falls into that situation, and who is available. Then sign someone that fits under the limit.   

Surprised Lewis Rose hasn't signed for a Championship club. Kennett 8.30 so would fit in nicely. Don't think any other team would rip up there 1-7 at this stage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Surprised Lewis Rose hasn't signed for a Championship club. Kennett 8.30 so would fit in nicely. Don't think any other team would rip up there 1-7 at this stage.

If I remember correctly he will ride in Poland in the same team as Hancock and Kus.

10 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Don't think so as Kennet has lots of interest down south, and probably would not come this far north every week. My guess is what Ruff is saying, if the rule has gone we will be looking for who falls into that situation, and who is available. Then sign someone that fits under the limit.   

After reading the statement, there might not be that many Dave.

Being eligible, previously for the old conference league/developement league,,, would that narrow things down a bit ?

Its not exactly crystal clear, but then again would anybody expect it to be... hmmm

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

After reading the statement, there might not be that many Dave.

Being eligible, previously for the old conference league/developement league,,, would that narrow things down a bit ?

Its not exactly crystal clear, but then again would anybody expect it to be... hmmm

It's certainly not an open door as first though and very selective with it being 'home grown'. You still qualify tho. 

Ironically I think there is only Craig Cook and Robert Lambert who could qualify as being 'home grown', over 6.00 ave and haven't got a Championship place. Both have stated they are going to miss that league out of their schedules, so what we have been waiting for will not deliver what we need.  HMMMMM

14 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Ironically I think there is only Craig Cook and Robert Lambert who could qualify as being 'home grown', over 6.00 ave and haven't got a Championship place. Both have stated they are going to miss that league out of their schedules, so what we have been waiting for will not deliver what we need.  HMMMMM

Both have a Championship average from last season in any case!!  Oh well, the plot thickens.... !!

• Like 1

So,,, only home grown riders on a 6+ are allowed to drop down and, not foreign riders unless they rode in the CL last season ???

I can see why they've done it like that, but its hard lines if you were a foreign rider that wanted to ride CL lat season, but couldn't to it thru injury,,,

14 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

More head scratching,,,

Stop when you get to wood. :P

20 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Stop when you get to wood. :P

How do you know when you hit the wood, you've obviously been there before ;)

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

How do you know when you hit the wood, you've obviously been there before ;)

Spelks.  :blink:;)

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Don't think so as Kennett has lots of interest down south, and probably would not come this far north every week. My guess is what Ruff is saying, now the rule has gone, we will be looking for who falls into the 'home grown' situation, and who is then available. Then sign someone that fits under the limit.  There is still the possibility of a new foreign rider from the EU(no visas), or a returnee having ridden here before.

Kennett to Lakeside, Lawson to Diamonds???? :(