British Speedway Forum

31 minutes ago, wilko said:

Well guys thought I would drop a cheeky message in to say hi etc . Been following from a distance as always . 

Like everyone else I'm looking forward to finding out who the last 2 names on the team sheet are ! . I' sure the promotion are looking at every option and configuration.  Who ever the last 2 guys are I'm sure it will finish the team off a treat . I'e been looking along all other teams and I think we have a good shout there is a lot of untapped strength in our guys so far . I' sure we will bring the best out in each other 100% . Team building across the the championship is kind of the same far as I can see . Most teams have a plus and I can also see a weakness  . Our team so far is quite solid our guys all have the capabiliy to excel at various times through the year and we have the strength throughout to help a team member that might be struggling once in a while  . If we all click at the same time there is going to be a thrashing handed out once in a while lol .

As for myself I can tell you I'm in a better place mentally and with fitness . With the help of some valued sponcers and new ones I've acuired since coming Newcastle again I'm super happy with how the bikes are coming on ! . 

Im Looking forward to a Stella year this season riding for Newcastle in hoping the club will be able to rely on me when needed on the track and in the pits . Helping out and supprt with the other guys when needed . 

Im sure George and everyone else are going to finish the team the best way possible for the club . 

Looking forward to seeing you all soon ! 

Great news Wilko. Sounds like you have the bit between your teeth and looking forward to enjoying your speedway again. I think you can be a steal on your average and can hopefully bang in loads of points from reserve and then nothing stopping you going into the main body. One thing guaranteed from you is 100% and that's all as fans can ask for. You'll be fine as long as you keep Billy away from your bikes. Lol.

carl wilkinson . always, always a trier . really enjoy hie style . gave %100 effort when @ workington when he came . if he gets that Berwick  form back , you have a winner .still looks like a farmer tho :D

7 minutes ago, jenga said:

carl wilkinson . always, always a trier . really enjoy hie style . gave %100 effort when @ workington when he came . if he gets that Berwick  form back , you have a winner .still looks like a farmer tho :D

Always loved watching him. Often guilty of throwing points away but only because he's riding his heart out and I for one would never knock his commitment and effort.

1 hour ago, wilko said:

Well guys thought I would drop a cheeky message in to say hi etc . Been following from a distance as always . 

Like everyone else I'm looking forward to finding out who the last 2 names on the team sheet are ! . I' sure the promotion are looking at every option and configuration.  Who ever the last 2 guys are I'm sure it will finish the team off a treat . I'e been looking along all other teams and I think we have a good shout there is a lot of untapped strength in our guys so far . I' sure we will bring the best out in each other 100% . Team building across the the championship is kind of the same far as I can see . Most teams have a plus and I can also see a weakness  . Our team so far is quite solid our guys all have the capabiliy to excel at various times through the year and we have the strength throughout to help a team member that might be struggling once in a while  . If we all click at the same time there is going to be a thrashing handed out once in a while lol .

As for myself I can tell you I'm in a better place mentally and with fitness . With the help of some valued sponcers and new ones I've acuired since coming Newcastle again I'm super happy with how the bikes are coming on ! . 

Im Looking forward to a Stella year this season riding for Newcastle in hoping the club will be able to rely on me when needed on the track and in the pits . Helping out and supprt with the other guys when needed . 

Im sure George and everyone else are going to finish the team the best way possible for the club . 

Good Luck Carl for the upcoming season and hope all works well for you and the team.

On 26/02/2018 at 4:16 PM, parkendlass said:

Steve, I have, as I said, been a fan of Nathan, and hoped he would ride for Redcar this year. I'm astonished he has not been snapped up by a Championship team. I'm not a Twitter user, so I'm not party to a lot of information others can access. My point is that to date he will ride only for Wolves in 2018. That was my last information

The Championship  is a poorer spectacle without him. 

Sorry if I interpreted what you said/meant, incorrectly.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wilko said:

Best of luck Carl.

Looking forward to watching you in the new Season.

Hope the bloody snow stops by then. :blink:

1 hour ago, The White Knight said:

Best of luck Carl.

Looking forward to watching you in the new Season.

Hope the bloody snow stops by then. :blink:

It's not too long ago that P&P was cancelled due to snow!

I remember this happening in a league meeting, hopefully it will have all cleared come 31 March 2018/1 April 2018!!!

j king winter.jpg

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

I remember this happening in a league meeting, hopefully it will have all cleared come 31 March 2018/1 April 2018!!!

j king winter.jpg

I'd forgotten that Jason King went Ice Racing once LOL!!

1 hour ago, diamond@heart said:

j king winter.jpg

Remember that well, Jason was turned around at the start gate. Poor weather for August wasn't it. :P

23 hours ago, wilko said:

Always good to hear you so enthusiastic Carl. Hope you and us Diamonds have a good year.

On 2/27/2018 at 6:31 PM, wilko said:

Strike a blow for the elder riders in the league, & have a good injury free season Carl. Always enjoy your efforts around the Showground, & long may it continue.