British Speedway Forum

It'll be fine.

I remember enjoying the season when as I recall we had  Rune Knudsen at #1 and only Dickie could lay a glove on the opposition's heat leaders.

I know that it is said that crowds come to watch a winning team but to my mind if the budget this season is based on crowd levels being the same as last year then we are down to the hard core anyway and most of us will go every week regardless. I'd be interested to hear Tsunami's thoughts on that.

Anyhow,  in George we trust. Given that the 6 point rule has been blown out of the water (as it always was going to be if it was challenged - I may not know that much about Speedway but I do have some knowledge of that area of the law) what about a last hurrah for Bjarne (not sure about his average mind - I am typing this in a cafe in Tesco's which isn't the best place to research such things!).

The season will start shortly!

1 hour ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

I think the longer it goes without getting a no1 the more worrying it gets, seems we must be struggling to get someone and might just end up with anyone, season starts in about 3-4 weeks 

Yes it's getting a bit worrying. Although I think there's still decent riders out there it depends what sort of budget we have. Either way we have got to be pleased we will get our weekly speedway fix soon

• Like 1

What about  2 from Rose, Huckenbeck or Jorgensen. Did the home grown rule thing!!! :o:o:o

17 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

What about  2 from Rose, Huckenbeck or Jorgensen. Did the home grown rule thing!!! :o:o:o

The problem there is that Jorgensen has already stated he is riding Poland which rules out a Sunday track.

Huckenbeck has already stated that he has no plans to ride in this country this season and I would think he is probably nailed on to be riding in Poland.

The problem and the challenges that the Newcastle promotion is trying to find decent riders who are not riding in Poland, and been a Sunday track this going to be an ongoing problem for them.

Why they have not signed Rose yet is beyond me unless the wage demands are not feasible.   

31 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

Hmmm...Lewis Rose hasn't really trained on and is unlucky with injuries, and if only to prevent Sunday turning into Groundhog Day I' d sooner not. Huckenback I know nothing about, but might he be likely to ride in the continent on Sundays? 

Jorgensen's a funny one. I'm prepared to be convinced but from memory to describe his record at BP as patchy is to be kind. If he is in a Polish club's squad that is one thing but would he actually ride? I can't imagine Polish clubs paying retainers.

Bjarne? He must be knocking 40 now and would know he could do no wrong at Newcastle - if we can afford him.

Edited by Terrace Grumbler
Thought of something else

32 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Bjarne? He must be knocking 40 now and would know he could do no wrong at Newcastle - if we can afford him.

would Bjarne not be prevented from riding in the CL,.. as he does not have a CL ave. his last higher league ave. was above 6.00,,, and could he be classed as 'home grown'?,,, which is a dubious ruling IMO?

4 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

would Bjarne not be prevented from riding in the CL,.. as he does not have a CL ave. his last higher league ave. was above 6.00,,, and could he be classed as 'home grown'?,,, which is a dubious ruling IMO?

And he too is riding Poland next season which effectively rules him out.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spin king said:

The problem there is that Jorgensen has already stated he is riding Poland which rules out a Sunday track.

Huckenbeck has already stated that he has no plans to ride in this country this season and I would think he is probably nailed on to be riding in Poland.

The problem and the challenges that the Newcastle promotion is trying to find decent riders who are not riding in Poland, and been a Sunday track this going to be an ongoing problem for them.

Why they have not signed Rose yet is beyond me unless the wage demands are not feasible.   

Lewis signed a polish contract way before xmas. In the same squad as Hancock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

British speedway needs to be very careful with its rulebook. Unless and until Brexit changes the game I don't think rules like this would stand up to scrutiny.

Anyhow, back to the drawing board...

2 hours ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

British speedway needs to be very careful with its rulebook. Unless and until Brexit changes the game I don't think rules like this would stand up to scrutiny.

Anyhow, back to the drawing board...

Agreed

With less and less riders available to ride on a Sunday and Monday's allotted to the Premiership (even if they were viable as a race night for Newcastle) is National League speedway the only future option for the Diamonds?

Having said that I'm almost certain that once a number of the riders who think they're riding in Poland find out that they're just squad members there desire to ride in the Championship will improve somewhat....

Edited by enotian
  • Like 1

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:09 AM, robbieblackadder fan club said:

I think the longer it goes without getting a no1 the more worrying it gets, seems we must be struggling to get someone and might just end up with anyone, season starts in about 3-4 weeks 

totally agree it,s obvious they are struggling to find someone so if they are going down to 2 6.5 riders they will have to have all riders scoring at least 5 to 6 

points per meeting with two of them scoring about 8 and we might be ok wont be far away from picking up points on the road where I think we will

struggle.only one I can think of as a no 1 would be Patrick hoougard but don't no if he is doing Poland.

you any ideas mr windition with your vast knowledge :blink::shock::mad::P. I await with baited breath