British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, boomerang said:

totally agree it,s obvious they are struggling to find someone so if they are going down to 2 6.5 riders they will have to have all riders scoring at least 5 to 6 

points per meeting with two of them scoring about 8 and we might be ok wont be far away from picking up points on the road where I think we will

struggle.only one I can think of as a no 1 would be Patrick hoougard but don't no if he is doing Poland.

you any ideas mr windition with your vast knowledge :blink::shock::mad::P. I await with baited breath

If you are running out of names Boomerang what chance have the rest of us got? 

On 02/03/2018 at 5:28 PM, FreddieWebb said:

I'm unsure about the Newcastle DIamonds squad so far. Wrote a couple of articles about them so far with some thoughts on Ashley Morris and Carl Wilkinson. 1 about the signing of Carl Wilkinson and 2 about Ashley Morris and whether he can be an effective heat leader for the Diamonds or not.

https://www.tremr.com/freddie-webb/rider-report-carl-wilkinson

https://www.tremr.com/freddie-webb/can-ashley-morris-be-a-new-heat-leader-for-the-newcastle-diamonds

Would like to say thanks for a very positive report there . I think the stats you used were very fair and very true . It' nice to see a report look at the whole picture not just the short comings . Roll on 2018 and getting settled at my new home over the first few meetings 

Regards wilko 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, wilko said:

Would like to say thanks for a very positive report there . I think the stats you used were very fair and very true . It' nice to see a report look at the whole picture not just the short comings . Roll on 2018 and getting settled at my new home over the first few meetings 

Regards wilko 

Go for it Wilko. I've a gut feeling you are going to have a good season. Delighted to see you back with the diamonds.

• Like 1

Who are likely to be the final two Newcastle Riders?

31 minutes ago, Col said:

Who are likely to be the final two Newcastle Riders?

Roger Daltrey and Pete Townsend? ;)

• Haha 1

Does, David Bellego, Timo Lahti, Justin Sedgmen, Nicolai Klindt, Nicklas Porsing or Thomas H Jonasson have Polish teams?

Thomas H Jonasson would be particularly nice, but VERY unrealistic and expensive lol... He would be on a 6.03 average (I think) So him and Rose would be a dream finish to the team ;)

1. Ludvig

2. Aarnio

3. Jonasson/Any of the other 5

4. Rose

5. Robson

6. Wilko

7. Morris

Would be very entertaining, especially Wilko and Morris at reserve, best reserve pairing we'd have had for years and years (Maybe excluding Kerr and Schramm/Mills that year)

I love the idea of Bjarne too if available, maybe we can arrange our fixtures around Poland

36 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Does, David Bellego, Timo Lahti, Justin Sedgmen, Nicolai Klindt, Nicklas Porsing or Thomas H Jonasson have Polish teams?

Thomas H Jonasson would be particularly nice, but VERY unrealistic and expensive lol... He would be on a 6.03 average (I think) So him and Rose would be a dream finish to the team ;)

1. Ludvig

2. Aarnio

3. Jonasson/Any of the other 5

4. Rose

5. Robson

6. Wilko

7. Morris

Would be very entertaining, especially Wilko and Morris at reserve, best reserve pairing we'd have had for years and years (Maybe excluding Kerr and Schramm/Mills that year)

I love the idea of Bjarne too if available, maybe we can arrange our fixtures around Poland

Not sure how happy Worky would be if Newcastle signed Klindt :D. Don't think Bellego can double down? Porsing not doing the UK so best bet would be Sedgeman which is alarming in itself. Lahti would be an excellent signing but too expensive i suspect.

46 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Bellego - Poznan
Lahti - Daugavpils
Sedgmen - Krakow
Porsing - Rzeszow
Klindt - Ostrow
Jonasson - Piła

Of course, just because they are in a squad it doesn't mean they are actually guaranteed any meetings in Poland. 

On 05/03/2018 at 9:49 PM, wilko said:

Regards wilko 

Thank you for the kind words about the report. Followed speedway for a long time and the Newcastle Diamonds more closely when I moved up here for university. I plan on writing more about the Diamonds during the season and I want as many speedway fans to see what I write as possible. Wish you all the best for the new season and hope you and the Newcastle Diamonds have a successful season.

Kind regards

Freddie

Edited by FreddieWebb

On 02/03/2018 at 7:01 PM, StevePark said:

Ashley Morris won't be asked to be a heat leader.  He will start at reserve and maybe go into the main-body of the team as a second string.  Something he was successful at last season in the difficult number 2 spot.

I can only agree. I wrote the Morris article from a what if standpoint. Having Morris at reserve is an excellent option but I'm unsure what potential heat leaders are still available which Newcastle will sign :) 

ash still has loads of followers @ workington . a nice pleasant guy and always available for pics and craic . if newcastle get him @ reserve ,you are on a winner, especially with that farmer bloke . (wilko)

• Like 2

Anyone starting to become a bit concerned that we still haven't signed our last 2 riders. I know some will say don't panic. We will obviously have 7 riders sooner or later. Never known our team not to be finalised this late on.Will we get a number 1?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Anyone starting to become a bit concerned that we still haven't signed our last 2 riders. I know some will say don't panic. We will obviously have 7 riders sooner or later. Never known our team not to be finalised this late on.Will we get a number 1?

We'll definitely have a number 1;)