British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

We must be really struggling to get someone 

Boomerang still very quiet. He's struggling to name anymore riders. You still about Boomerang?

On 3/9/2018 at 10:21 PM, Tsunami said:

I am sure if there was a possible decent Dane wanting a ride we would have had him by now. 

Wouldn't that also be the case if a decent Swede, Brit, Aussie, Ruskie or Yank wanted a ride? By your own admission, Newcastle appear to be up the creek without a paddle!!

30 minutes ago, KevH said:

Wouldn't that also be the case if a decent Swede, Brit, Aussie, Ruskie or Yank wanted a ride? By your own admission, Newcastle appear to be up the creek without a paddle!!

in a boat with a hole, and no bucket,,,

there seems to ge a lot of Brit riders riding in Poland this season, so what has happened to the riders they will be replacing ?

KevH

Nope. With our history of Danes, if there is a good one coming along and we know about them, people are talked to. Doesn't apply to the other nationalities.

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

in a boat with a hole, and no bucket,,,

there seems to ge a lot of Brit riders riding in Poland this season, so what has happened to the riders they will be replacing ?

might be plenty oif brits signed to polish clubs but how many will actually get a ride

What are the chances of: Rohan Tungate? Patrick Hougaard? Justin Sedgmen? Kai Huckenbeck? Tomas H Jonasson?

With less than 2 weeks to press & pratice, I think It's about time to press the panic button. We are obviously struggling to obtain the services of riders that we can afford and I believe that there is a minimum points limit as well as an upper one so we can't just sign anyone. Worst case scenario, there is an announcement in the next two week saying unfortunately we're not running as we can't afford it.

• Like 1

Surely by not having a full team announced this must be affecting season ticket sales. I for one am deliberating.

14 minutes ago, erniew said:

With less than 2 weeks to press & pratice, I think It's about time to press the panic button. We are obviously struggling to obtain the services of riders that we can afford and I believe that there is a minimum points limit as well as an upper one so we can't just sign anyone. Worst case scenario, there is an announcement in the next two week saying unfortunately we're not running as we can't afford it.

I'm getting worried now that if funding (or lack of it) is a serious issue, it only takes a couple of rain offs early on for our season to be really scuppered.

Just trying to imagine what is going on behind the scenes - frenetic emails/texts/telephone calls between promoters and potential riders and/or poring over numbers to second guess how much the promoters can afford to spend.

As someone stated earlier on this thread, if a lower league is more suited to our financial cloth, then this wouldn't put me off in the slightest. I am sure that a realistic landlord would be open to negotiation for a downward assessment of stadium rent or face the prospect of receiving £zero. Even if admission prices remained as last year for Championship league racing, I do not believe that in itself would lead to crowd shrinkage - just that we would miss the local derbies against our neighbours. It would certainly give the promotion a fighting chance of stabilising the ship ready for a move up next year or the year after

I do believe the promotion need to make some sort of statement on what's happening, like erniew said its now scarily close to start of the season and we still don't have a full team. 

I wonder if we are awaiting any clarification on what, 'home grown' criteria is and,,, it seems strange to me why people 'in the know' would be putting their hands in their pockets to buy assests.

I know it's easy to get frustrated not knowing, but, I'd guess, not as frustrated as the Promotion/Club Owners are at not having a 1-7 in place yet. 

Quite why they "have to bring out a statement," I really don't know, because we know what the would statement would be.

As "ruffdiamond" says, why would people "in the know" put their hands in their pockets, if there is even a slightest possibility of not running?

Edited by StevePark

25 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I know it's easy to get frustrated not knowing, but, I'd guess, not as frustrated as the Promotion/Club Owners are at not having a 1-7 in place yet. 

Quite why they "have to bring out a statement," I really don't know, because we know what the would statement would be.

As "ruffdiamond" says, why would people "in the know" put their hands in their pockets, if there is even a slightest possibility of not running?

A simple statement allaying fans fears about the upcoming season and that they are confident of announcing the final two riders before the season starts, yes its probably wot you would expect it to say but I'd rather have it from an official source 

Edited by andys