British Speedway Forum

Had a mention from someone asking about Mads Korneliussen. Anybody know if he has retired or looking for a ride ?

12 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Had a mention from someone asking about Mads Korneliussen. Anybody know if he has retired or looking for a ride ?

He's signed for Stal Rzeszów for 2018:

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/725977/stal-rzeszow-potwierdzila-kontrakt-z-kolejnym-zawodnikiem

• Like 1

Is that God or George?

if we don't run, its WKD I'd feel sorry for,,, after spending years in exile, a bet he's chomping on the bit to get back and see his hero in action ;)

• Like 1

Jeez, the internet hasn’t turned People into a bunch of soft ollies.

i can remember going to press day and no-one knew who any of the team were. A team that then went on to win every competition put in front of them.

Don’t panic!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, andys said:

A simple statement allaying fans fears about the upcoming season and that they are confident of announcing the final two riders before the season starts, yes its probably wot you would expect it to say but I'd rather have it from an official source 

Totally agree with you. A simple statement to put supporters minds at ease. I'm sure everything will be ok but still a little worrying all the same.

6 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Totally agree with you. A simple statement to put supporters minds at ease. I'm sure everything will be ok but still a little worrying all the same.

Oh nooooo your going to be accused of having small testicles now off the most positive person on this forum pmsl 

16 minutes ago, andys said:

Oh nooooo your going to be accused of having small testicles now off the most positive person on this forum pmsl 

HA HA. We can't please everyone. Certain people on here just stuck right up the promotion. We arnt criticising, just simply asking for a simple statement. It's not too much to ask for is it?

I wonder if any of the current team have Any idea of who will be there final 2 teammates.  Carnt be easy for them if they are kept in the dark also..

bottom line is no one wants to ride for us on sundays for peanuts when they can make as much in Poland having a couple

of rides only the promotion to blame for leaving it so long.

2 years ago they went tooth and nail with redcar to sign matej kus as a full asset and he,s never been used last season and this

totally mindblowing as far as I am concerned.Then they sign danny phillips as a full asset and he signs for scunny.

Not being funny but the kid will only be a 3 pointer so why buy his contract mr English is turning into a dinosaur 

1 hour ago, boomerang said:

bottom line is no one wants to ride for us on sundays for peanuts when they can make as much in Poland having a couple

of rides only the promotion to blame for leaving it so long.

2 years ago they went tooth and nail with redcar to sign matej kus as a full asset and he,s never been used last season and this

totally mindblowing as far as I am concerned.Then they sign danny phillips as a full asset and he signs for scunny.

Not being funny but the kid will only be a 3 pointer so why buy his contract mr English is turning into a dinosaur 

If Danny hadn't crashed in that meeting, he was heading for an average about 4.7 I think. On a 2 or a 3 he will be a steal on that average given time to bed in again,

Matej missed out because we wanted to get Lambert in last year, and this year he is riding in Poland along with Rose and Hancock so we could not sign him.

It was BTS that wanted to buy Danny, and together with Steve Brock and STS,  they paid for him to be a Newcastle asset. No brainer.

13 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

If Danny hadn't crashed in that meeting, he was heading for an average about 4.7 I think. On a 2 or a 3 he will be a steal on that average given time to bed in again,

Matej missed out because we wanted to get Lambert in last year, and this year he is riding in Poland along with Rose and Hancock so we could not sign him.

It was BTS that wanted to buy Danny, and together with Steve Brock and STS,  they paid for him to be a Newcastle asset. No brainer.

And we get loan fees for both, of course :approve:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, StevePark said:

And we get loan fees for both, of course :approve:

Danny Phillips will be out of his depth this season in the Championship. Should have had a season in the National League after his injury. Or atleast started in that league to see how he's progressed. You've got to remember how much stronger reserve pairings are in the Championship this season. For example he wouldn't get near Ashley Morris or Wilko.