British Speedway Forum

Are we maybe waiting for a rider getting a visa or something.? Might be totally wide of the mark but got to be some reason for the delay. Anyone got any ideas?

Maybe George still has his hand down the back of the sofa

Edited by semion
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Are we maybe waiting for a rider getting a visa or something.? Might be totally wide of the mark but got to be some reason for the delay. Anyone got any ideas?

Maybe there is some kind of 'admin' hold up, a dunno ?

but, Dave has put out a plea for helpers tomorrow at the track, maybe some people might know something there, (unofficial, of course).

Edited by ruffdiamond

46 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe there is some kind of 'admin' hold up, a dunno ?

but, Dave has put out a plea for helpers tomorrow at the track, maybe some people might know something there, (unofficial, of course).

All a bit baffling if you ask me. Their last statement said should hear something in maybe 3 days or 4 days. Not very convincing.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Winditon said:

All a bit baffling if you ask me. Their last statement said should hear something in maybe 3 days or 4 days. Not very convincing.

Could be something completely out of George's control. If its anything to do with the Visa application office, they will work at their own pace and won't be pushed around by anyone in a hurry (I would guess).

As Aceslider says, the visa office operate at their own pace. However, this would imply that the rider in question is from outside the EU, presumably either an Australian or American, cue  everyone to give lists of possible riders. It's now eight days and counting to P & P. Don't panic Mr. Mainwaring!

Buy some woolly hats from the club shop  online and wrap up warm over the coming days thus helping the diamonds cause

2 hours ago, Winditon said:

Maybe being the appropriate word in that sentence.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Maybe being the appropriate word in that sentence.

I read it as 3 maybe 4  days, should be able to release good news,,, maybe there isn't any :(

6 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

I read it as 3 maybe 4  days, should be able to release good news,,, maybe there isn't any :(

Perhaps it would have been better for them to say "We should be able to release good news soon," rather than put any timescale on it?

Steve, do you not think the paying customers have a right to be concerned? We are supporters first and foremost but time is now very short, not only to P & P but the actual start of competitive racing, and your constant 'It'll be alright' attitude is getting a little irritating. If you know what's happening then please pass on the information, we don't need to know chapter and verse, but confirmation that there are riders in the frame would be helpful, If you in fact have no information then stop telling everyone that It's going to be allright and stop telling us to be quiet

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Perhaps it would have been better for them to say "We should be able to release good news soon," rather than put any timescale on it?

Possibly,,, but there's only 7 to 8 days till p+p now, so folk wont have long to wait ;)

3 minutes ago, erniew said:

Steve, do you not think the paying customers have a right to be concerned? We are supporters first and foremost but time is now very short, not only to P & P but the actual start of competitive racing, and your constant 'It'll be alright' attitude is getting a little irritating. If you know what's happening then please pass on the information, we don't need to know chapter and verse, but confirmation that there are riders in the frame would be helpful, If you in fact have no information then stop telling everyone that It's going to be allright and stop telling us to be quiet

customers/fans have a right to be informed when there is something to impart.

Would you like an hour by hour update on phone calls, etc. Negotiations are often very delicate and sometimes you have to be discrete. For example, if a rider thinks Newcastle are desperate his demands may increase beyond affordability. I think its reasonable that information is on a need to know basis at the moment

• Like 2