British Speedway Forum

Our ‘strong’ reserves had better knock in big points in 2, 8 and 14 as we’ll be getting very little in 13 and 15.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Our ‘strong’ reserves had better knock in big points in 2, 8 and 14 as we’ll be getting very little in 13 and 15.

Yes exactly. We have 4 riders in Morris, Wilko, Wethers and Aarnio who could quite easily swap second string and reserve berths between them so I think we will struggle in the middle order. Although gonna have strong reserves overall I dont think we won't be strong enough. Let's just hope our number 1 is top class. Let's wait and see.

20 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I make it 7.75 left. (providing Matty comes in on 5.65).

Sure he will get say an 8% reduction for missing out a year. So that would make it 8.20 left.

29 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Very poor signing if you ask me. I will always support my team but dissapointed. He's only a reserve in my eyes. Looked at one time he was going to be half decent but then went right back. He's the typical saying of a white liner. That 21 point score was a long time ago before everyone keeps mentioning it.Let's hope our last rider  is something special or it could be a long season.

Whinge whinge moan moan.

We still have over 7 1/2 points to play with. 

Whatever happened to "I'm just grateful we've got speedway this year"?

Try to find some perspective.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Sure he will get say an 8% reduction for missing out a year. So that would make it 8.20 left.

Fingers crossed the final rider comes with that average 

Think am gonna need plenty ink in my pen for the programme ride changes this year. 

50 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Welcome "Stormy"

Just now, highside said:

Fingers crossed the final rider comes with that average 

Would be nice , but...

The question is, can we afford an 8.20 rider, even if one is available. No point in bankrupting the club.

13 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Whinge whinge moan moan.

We still have over 7 1/2 points to play with. 

Whatever happened to "I'm just grateful we've got speedway this year"?

Try to find some perspective.

I am grateful. Just airing my view on a forum. Is that Ok? I am just being realistic about our team. No  whinge and moans from me Grumbler.

55 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Matty Wethers signs.

Oh, we really are on a budget then!!! 

Finances can be the only reason for this when you can sign a highly rated foreign rider on 5.20, if you can afford one.

We can now narrow our search for a No. 1 down to somebody who averages under 8.00, lives local and had a good score at Brough Park once on a freak track sometime in the last 10 years or so. Are Ellis Short and Martin Bain in charge of the Diamonds as well???  It's George Stancl isn't it.

Yes the reserves will be stronger this season but it's all relative because most others are as well. 

PS the standard just glad to have speedway applies but even happier it's a short season.

17 minutes ago, erniew said:

The question is, can we afford an 8.20 rider, even if one is available. No point in bankrupting the club.

Very much doubt it. The team is built on a shoestring but I think we all suspected that so no surprise there.

1 minute ago, enotian said:

Oh, we really are on a budget then!!! 

Finances can be the only reason for this when you can sign a highly rated foreign rider on 5.20, if you can afford one.

We can now narrow our search for a No. 1 down to somebody who averages under 8.00, lives local and had a good score at Brough Park once on a freak track sometime in the last 10 years or so. Are Ellis Short and Martin Bain in charge of the Diamonds as well???  It's George Stancl isn't it.

Yes the reserves will be stronger this season but it's all relative because most others are as well. 

PS the standard just glad to have speedway applies but even happier it's a short season.

Don't upset the Terrace Grumbler with your honest opinion. You'll be accused of whinging and moaning.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Don't upset the Terrace Grumbler with your honest opinion. You'll be accused of whinging and moaning.

I don't see how anyone can be disappointed with the signing of Wethers until we know who the last signing is.

If he is a five pointer then the season might be...interesting. We'll have to see - I imagine all will be revealed shortly.

As for grumbling - I have done my share and doubtless will again but will wait until such time as there is something to grumble about.

Ellis Short and Martin Bain, indeed...

1 hour ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

I don't see how anyone can be disappointed with the signing of Wethers until we know who the last signing is.

Are you being serious?

Absolutely awful signing imo he didn’t even ride last season which makes it an even more bizarre signing. 

And what makes you so sure our last rider will be decent? We’re a week away from p&p and if we’ve struggled to get a proper number 1 so far I think the chances of getting one now are very slim. 

Edited by bloom89
Spelt singing instead of signing.