British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

2008 !!

That’s what I said, nearly 10 years 

6 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

That’s what I said, nearly 10 years 

I was replying to Tsunami and, as I was doing that, you posted!! 

46 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

I don't see how anyone can be disappointed with the signing of Wethers until we know who the last signing is.

If he is a five pointer then the season might be...interesting. We'll have to see - I imagine all will be revealed shortly.

As for grumbling - I have done my share and doubtless will again but will wait until such time as there is something to grumble about.

Ellis Short and Martin Bain, indeed...

Can you honestly tell me you are not dissapointed with Wethers? If not I imagine your one of a small minority. No club fancied him last season so that sums it up really. I hope I'm proved wrong. Wonder what Boomerang thinks.

45 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Are you being serious?

Absolutely awful singing imo he didn’t even ride last season which makes it an even more bizarre signing. 

And what makes you so sure our last rider will be decent? We’re a week away from p&p and if we’ve struggled to get a proper number 1 so far I think the chances of getting one now are very slim. 

Personally, I am going to watch him ride not sing. Don't really care about his singing tbh. :unsure::blink::drink: 

13 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

Personally, I am going to watch him ride not sing. Don't really care about his singing tbh. :unsure::blink::drink: 

Ha apologies didn’t even notice. 

• Like 1

I know there is a total team average points limit,,, its a good job there isn't a total team average age limit, as I fear ours would have been reached and breached by now ;)

Poor signing in my eyes, don't understand why we have gone for someone who has been out of the sport for a year. You could look at it from the point of view that he will have apoint to prove!!! Everyone bangs on about that 21 point max he scored around the inside, that was years ago and he has done very little since then. 

I don't see this as a team that will inspire fans to turn up and I can only assume we will see wholesale changes when riders who have signed contracts in Poland realise they are surplus to requirements and become available.  I just hope we are still around by then and fans are still turning up.

Interesting to see who the last signing will be and how much under the limit we will be.

• Like 1

I might be way off the mark here ( probably am) as you never know who is who on here with the strange names, but are most of the posters who are writing that they are happy with the team as it means they have speedway are ones who work on the track, in the pits or have something to do behind the scenes so they don’t need to pay in as I think paying £50 a month to watch this team will not appeal for very long ( and again I hope I am wrong) if we are getting beat every week ... Hope they get a real good number 1 and prove the doubters ( including me) totally wrong though 

18 minutes ago, Midget said:

And Adam Roynon to be announced in the next few days. 

Funnily enough I was thinking just the same!

But then the earlier post referring to "Dads Army" would suggest a Number 1 called Wilson maybe - can't think of any speedway riders called Mainwaring or Pike

25 minutes ago, Midget said:

25 minutes ago, Midget said:

I thought that too, as I said a few months back a year on consolidation for Newcastle.

15 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Sure he will get say an 8% reduction for missing out a year. So that would make it 8.20 left.

Was he injured for the whole season? That's the only way he'll get a reduction.

Firstly I'm going to say I'm not overly excited by the team up till now, having said that I think we all knew this years team would be along these lines due to financial constraints. 

We'll certainly be reasonably strong at reserve, plus this team will give 100% on and off track. Hopefully we can hold our own at home to keep fans turning up.,and to use that word again consolidate for next year and garuntee the sport. I know some fans will just moan and whinge but if you only have a certain budget then what else can ppl expect. 

• Like 1

Some people travel along way to watch the diamond's myself included, however if we are constantly getting beat I carnt see that continuing.  We need somebody who can compete with the big boy's as our final signing.  Here's hoping