British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, Arson fire said:

£16 to watch a team of journeymen?? A team of 2 second strings and 4 reserves so far... Nar thanks, id rather pay the petrol money and go to Redcar. No disrespect to the riders as individuals but collectively that team is truely awful. Still the Grumbler will see his men in Kevlar's from his half empty terrace #perspective.

Morris, Aarnio, Wethers and Wilkinson are all very good reserves and Aarnio and Morris have showed in recent years (At Brough) that they can do it in the main body too

Edited by Dandelion

2 minutes ago, Dandelion said:
Morris, Aarnio, Wethers and Wilkinson are all very good reserves and Aarnio and Morris have showed in recent years (At Brough) that they can do it in the main body too

You only need 2 reserves 

Edited by Shadders
  • Haha 2

Just now, Shadders said:

You only need 2 reserves 

and Aarnio and Morris have showed in recent years (At Brough) that they can do it in the main body too

24 minutes ago, boomerang said:

rubbish there you go and you have got to be kidding whoever mentioned roynon

because if that's the case me and the partner wont be going to many thick end of £45 to watch that no chance

Are you not happy to atleast watch Speedway? Everyone wants a competitive and winning team but we all can't have one. You must have known this season was all about surviving and the team was always going to be built on the cheap side. Hopefully we can kick on the season after ( if we still run). I do understand supporters disappointment and it could be a catch 22 where as a poor side means poor crowds and I don't think we can afford to loose many supporters. On the other hand a good team and a winning team gets supporters through the gate but sadly it seems we can't afford that. Anyway it is what it is either like it or lump it. Although I'm dissapointed I will still turn up every meeting I can make and give them my full support whether I think riders are good enough or not. Let's not write the season off before it starts. You never know.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Are you not happy to atleast watch Speedway? Everyone wants a competitive and winning team but we all can't have one. You must have known this season was all about surviving and the team was always going to be built on the cheap side. Hopefully we can kick on the season after ( if we still run). I do understand supporters disappointment and it could be a catch 22 where as a poor side means poor crowds and I don't think we can afford to loose many supporters. On the other hand a good team and a winning team gets supporters through the gate but sadly it seems we can't afford that. Anyway it is what it is either like it or lump it. Although I'm dissapointed I will still turn up every meeting I can make and give them my full support whether I think riders are good enough or not. Let's not write the season off before it starts. You never know.

You can watch speedway anywhere if thats all you want??

On 17/03/2018 at 12:57 PM, Tsunami said:

I agree with your sentiments. if there was a regular 'nothing to report' I know the promotion would get called for doing it. I don't know the difficulties they have, whether it is pay demands, non availability,  visa, etc, but I do know that if they could report something they would. No point in saying too much, and then regretting it and being criticised for doing so.   At the end of the day, our first official meeting is on Thursday 5th April so there is time yet. I think the team would take the usual 3 working days clearance by the BSPA, so the remaining members need to have been signed before the 2nd April.  A guest for the Berwick meetings, and then followed by the U21 Semi at home, gives us a bit of time to get it right whatever the delay is for. I have heard of a possible 2 rider combination, but I don't think there would be any difficulties in signing them.

We are away to Sheffield in the 1st official fixture on thursday 5 April, so we would need to declare by 19:00 ish monday 2 april (72 hours), which happens to be easter monday, so maybe even earlier.

• Like 1

On 17/03/2018 at 1:11 PM, Winditon said:

It isn't a dream team for sure but you have a 1 to 7 to start the season - you may find it won't be your 1-7 for ever

besides the sport is about racing - not necessarily winning - if they put a show on that's worth the admission

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Arson fire said:

You can watch speedway anywhere if thats all you want??

Obviously your not happy so your decision is to not go this season. So you'd rather go and watch Redcar? Why don't you still support your local club and help them through a bad time. It's supporters like you that will help the sport cease at Brough Park bit that's entirely your decision. I don't think it's any fault of the club that they find themselves in possibly  a not great financial state as maybe when Sapphire were our sponsor. Up the Bears!!!!

22 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Up the Bears!!!!

;)

24 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Obviously your not happy so your decision is to not go this season. So you'd rather go and watch Redcar? Why don't you still support your local club and help them through a bad time. It's supporters like you that will help the sport cease at Brough Park bit that's entirely your decision. I don't think it's any fault of the club that they find themselves in possibly  a not great financial state as maybe when Sapphire were our sponsor. Up the Bears!!!!

If meant if i just want to go and watch speedway any old speedway i could go to Redcar... maybe im different but i want to see my team win or be competative...I dont go to Nufc games hoping to see a good game, ( gave season ticket up few years ago but still go about 7/8 times a year and to away games) i go to see us hopefully win or be competitive, i dont go to the basketball to see a good game i go to see us hopefully win or be competitive... why should speedway be different to me?? 

Its up to the promotion/ owner to get the fans there, not the fans to blindly pay top dollar come what may surely?? 

If that makes you a better fan than me then on you go... but who are you to tell me what i should think and basically what i should do??

Good luck to the Diamonds this year, id love a bit of humble pie!!

• Like 1

I can see both sides of the arguement here.

Its important to stick by your club and those calling for unconditional loyalty have a point, particularly as Newcastle generally have put out decent sides that have challenged.

This year could be a bit of an exception (although the final rider could still result in a competetive side - certainly at home)

Can also see the point of Arson and others that simply cant see the justification for paying out good money when they dont feel they will get the return/value they expect.

Newcastle is a great club that do things in the right way - I hope it works out well for you.

• Like 2

It's arson decision what he does but I just think why desert your club when this season it probably needs support more than ever. He might realise if it closes and probably could be for good this time. He still will have his bears down the road though. I'd like to bet that he is still seen at Brough this season.

1 hour ago, Arson fire said:

If meant if i just want to go and watch speedway any old speedway i could go to Redcar... maybe im different but i want to see my team win or be competative...I dont go to Nufc games hoping to see a good game, ( gave season ticket up few years ago but still go about 7/8 times a year and to away games) i go to see us hopefully win or be competitive, i dont go to the basketball to see a good game i go to see us hopefully win or be competitive... why should speedway be different to me?? 

Its up to the promotion/ owner to get the fans there, not the fans to blindly pay top dollar come what may surely?? 

If that makes you a better fan than me then on you go... but who are you to tell me what i should think and basically what i should do??

Good luck to the Diamonds this year, id love a bit of humble pie!!

Unfortunately this season will possibly see us be uncompetitive. Why do you blame the promotion? Alan Hedley pulled out and I imagine it wasn't easy attracting another major sponsor. It's pretty obvious we arnt in the same financial position as maybe seasons gone by. Are you not prepared to support them this seaso  in their hour of need.

9 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Unfortunately this season will possibly see us be uncompetitive. Why do you blame the promotion? Alan Hedley pulled out and I imagine it wasn't easy attracting another major sponsor. It's pretty obvious we arnt in the same financial position as maybe seasons gone by. Are you not prepared to support them this seaso  in their hour of need.

Yes but you can't expect people to fork out money and blindly follow a team. People want to see a competitive team and competitive racing. People will have worked hard for their money and so want sone form of return. Yes I can see that the team is full of racers but I think that will only go so far. My worry is that if we get beat at home in our first 4 matches then the damage may be done and it maybe hard to come back from that and win back that lost support.

If we are forced into changes to strengthen up, surely that is not going to come cheap so will we be in the same boat when it comes to any team changes?

• Like 1