British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

Yes but you can't expect people to fork out money and blindly follow a team. People want to see a competitive team and competitive racing. People will have worked hard for their money and so want sone form of return. Yes I can see that the team is full of racers but I think that will only go so far. My worry is that if we get beat at home in our first 4 matches then the damage may be done and it maybe hard to come back from that and win back that lost support.

If we are forced into changes to strengthen up, surely that is not going to come cheap so will we be in the same boat when it comes to any team changes?

I'm hope all the other supporters don't have the same attitude. Looks like it will only be the die hards supporting this season. I hope that's enough to keep us going. Don't complain when you have no more Speedway at Brough. You can always support Redcar like Arse.

9 minutes ago, Winditon said:

I'm hope all the other supporters don't have the same attitude. Looks like it will only be the die hards supporting this season. I hope that's enough to keep us going. Don't complain when you have no more Speedway at Brough. You can always support Redcar like Arse.

So are u saying supporters should just pay their money no matter what???

Your right, I'll see if he wants to go half on the cost of fuel!!! :P

Edited by diamond@heart

5 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

So are u saying supporters should just pay their money no matter what???

Your right, I'll see if he wants to go half on the cost of fuel!!! :P

Love to be with you in the trenches.

• Confused 1

On a positive note is practice going to be held this Sunday please if anybody knows.

Unless our last signing is a 8 point heat leader then this could be an enormous gamble by the promotors

This side will win nowt away, and I fear we could take some hammerings at home

how many away riders will score maximums here ........ 

remember a few years ago when an average redcar team beat us 51-39 at home with Richard Lawson scoring the easiest max of his life

our team maybe be triers .... but putting it bluntly 3 are at the end of their career and the other 3 aren't improving their averages

also we wont be in the pairs or 4tt and will only get a rider in the clrc cos we have to supply one 

never mind not scoring in heats 13 and 15.............  heats 1,3,5,7,10 and 11 look iffy at home as well !!!!!!!!!

the only thing that's gonna stop this from being a long season is that .... we will only see 14 competitive matches ...........

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Love to be with you in the trenches.

F*****g hell, we are talking about watching speedway not fighting a war.

7 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

Unless our last signing is a 8 point heat leader then this could be an enormous gamble by the promotors

This side will win nowt away, and I fear we could take some hammerings at home

how many away riders will score maximums here ........ 

remember a few years ago when an average redcar team beat us 51-39 at home with Richard Lawson scoring the easiest max of his life

our team maybe be triers .... but putting it bluntly 3 are at the end of their career and the other 3 aren't improving their averages

also we wont be in the pairs or 4tt and will only get a rider in the clrc cos we have to supply one 

never mind not scoring in heats 13 and 15.............  heats 1,3,5,7,10 and 11 look iffy at home as well !!!!!!!!!

the only thing that's gonna stop this from being a long season is that .... we will only see 14 competitive matches ...........

Stay at home

7 minutes ago, soupy said:

On a positive note is practice going to be held this Sunday please if anybody knows.

I believe it is scheduled for this Sunday but may depend on what the beast from the east throws at us!!!

2 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Stay at home

You in charge of marketing for the Diamonds, I bloody hope not!!!!

2 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

I believe it is scheduled for this Sunday but may depend on what the beast from the east throws at us!!!

Thanks.I thought it was but with track work being cancelled on Sunday I was unsure.

41 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Unfortunately this season will possibly see us be uncompetitive. Why do you blame the promotion? Alan Hedley pulled out and I imagine it wasn't easy attracting another major sponsor. It's pretty obvious we arnt in the same financial position as maybe seasons gone by. Are you not prepared to support them this seaso  in their hour of need.

Whos fault is it then? The fans?? I will always suppport them and always will but im not prepared to turn up in the freezing cold to watch us get battered and to pay for the privilege... its a huge gamble putting this team out and sustaining any sort of paying fan base imo.

you say in a later post about die hards? Can you tell us how you are a die hard, how long youve been one, how long youve attended and more importantly do you pay to get in??

ive been going best part of 40 years, ive worked on the track, i cleaned riders leathers as a youngin, been a pusher, spannered here and there for a few riders, text updates to the updates site when no one else would, took part in fundraising a good few years ago, lifted sheets at 10'clock at night  and paid my entrance fee every week for the past 10/15/20 years etc.

what makes you a die hard and me not?? 

I would guess you are probably part of the inner sanctum at Newcastle speedway coming on here to have a go at those who dare to question or have a different opinion.

• Like 4

I have supported the diamonds since 75 and will be there to the bitter end

but some supporters ... quite rightly ...... will not just pay and watch their side get thumped

whatever sport u like..... winning teams attract bigger crowds

the promotion may have a limited budget... but the most important thing is to get bums on seats....... nowt in this side to get anyone excited 

Whatever happened to the guy who posted on here as the Muckman,it was when Jason King was riding and he used to say "get in the muck"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, soupy said:

Whatever happened to the guy who posted on here as the Muckman,it was when Jason King was riding and he used to say "get in the muck"

The die hards found out that he only attended when it was deep and hounded him out, he became disillusioned with speedway and now lives a solitary life in a pigeon cree with only distant memories and a jason king framed photograph to keep him going. :-( 

Edited by Arson fire
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Arson fire said:

Whos fault is it then? The fans?? I will always suppport them and always will but im not prepared to turn up in the freezing cold to watch us get battered and to pay for the privilege... its a huge gamble putting this team out and sustaining any sort of paying fan base imo.

you say in a later post about die hards? Can you tell us how you are a die hard, how long youve been one, how long youve attended and more importantly do you pay to get in??

ive been going best part of 40 years, ive worked on the track, i cleaned riders leathers as a youngin, been a pusher, spannered here and there for a few riders, text updates to the updates site when no one else would, took part in fundraising a good few years ago, lifted sheets at 10'clock at night  and paid my entrance fee every week for the past 10/15/20 years etc.

what makes you a die hard and me not?? 

I would guess you are probably part of the inner sanctum at Newcastle speedway coming on here to have a go at those who dare to question or have a different opinion.

Are you sure you haven't been a rider aswell? I've been a supporter since 1975. Supported through thick and thin as I always will. You say you have been going for about 40 years. So I take it you didn't go the other years we didn't have a good team?