British Speedway Forum

12 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

You in charge of marketing for the Diamonds, I bloody hope not!!!!

Well stop moaning

10 minutes ago, Winditon said:

I think me and you and just a few more might still be prepared to still support our club with our hard earned pennies dandelion judging by reactions on here.

I can understand why people don't want to spend their money, it's their money, they do what they want with it

If I really liked a drink, for example, and they changed the ingredients in the drink, and I didn't like it anymore, I wouldn't keep buying it just because it was my favourite before, I would stop, same theory applies for sports teams, music, just about anything, so I can see where these people are coming from, me however, I know I will still love watching the speedway on a Sunday night :D And think it's still worth the money

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

I can understand why people don't want to spend their money, it's their money, they do what they want with it

If I really liked a drink, for example, and they changed the ingredients in the drink, and I didn't like it anymore, I wouldn't keep buying it just because it was my favourite before, I would stop, same theory applies for sports teams, music, just about anything, so I can see where these people are coming from, me however, I know I will still love watching the speedway on a Sunday night :D And think it's still worth the money

Agree. It's entirely their choice.

17 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Well stop moaning

I'm not moaning, how about you stop telling people that they should support the club no matter what and let them decide for themselves.  Maybe you should have a name change to Winditin. :P

For the record as well, I have been going since the seventies, through the good times and the bad times and want nothing but Newcastle to succeed and see them challenging for honours year on year but I am also a realist and know that it is not also possible.  I don't expect us to have a fantastic team every year but like to see a team which I feel is worth watching and to that, I am not going to just hand my money over to watch a poor team week after week just for the sake of it. 

16 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Couldn't agree more.  I love speedway and love watching it but I'm not going to religiously pay the money to watch rubbishe every week.  Nobody no matter whether your a diehard or an occasional supporter wants to turn up to watch a team get turned over week after week.  I appreciate that the season has not started yet and we do not know how well the riders signed are going to perform, but if you judge them against other teams, Glasgow, Ippo and Sheffield it does not bode well.

• Like 1

If that team were riding in the street I'd shut the curtains.

I'm hoping the roynan rumour is a windup...

Edited by idanthyrsus
Typo
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

I'm not moaning, how about you stop telling people that they should support the club no matter what and let them decide for themselves.  Maybe you should have a name change to Winditin. :P

For the record as well, I have been going since the seventies, through the good times and the bad times and want nothing but Newcastle to succeed and see them challenging for honours year on year but I am also a realist and know that it is not also possible.  I don't expect us to have a fantastic team every year but like to see a team which I feel is worth watching and to that, I am not going to just hand my money over to watch a poor team week after week just for the sake of it. 

Couldn't agree more.  I love speedway and love watching it but I'm not going to religiously pay the money to watch rubbishe every week.  Nobody no matter whether your a diehard or an occasional supporter wants to turn up to watch a team get turned over week after week.  I appreciate that the season has not started yet and we do not know how well the riders signed are going to perform, but if you judge them against other teams, Glasgow, Ippo and Sheffield it does not bode well.

Well I'm off now. Had a good time reading all the bites. Some worse than others. I may be back. You never know. I'll just read from afar.Ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA 

25 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Well I'm off now. Had a good time reading all the bites. Some worse than others. I may be back. You never know. I'll just read from afar.Ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA 

Dont forget to spend your hard earned pennies paying in each week mind... and your 20/80 draw ticket.:wink:

Edited by Arson fire
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Does anyone know if there's a meet the riders night ? (Dave)

They usually do the Northern Team promo thing (can't remember its official title) on the Official Practice day on the Monday as well.  This may have been put on the back burner with finalising the team taking priority.

Hopefully the practice still goes ahead this weekend, weather looks OK at the moment.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Thought you weren't new to it,,, did you get a bite of me, or did you try ? ;)

15 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Thought you weren't new to it,,, did you get a bite of me, or did you try ? ;)

Just did. Ha ha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Winditon said:

Bloody Hell :blink: I'm sure you are Jenga in disguise :D

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Bloody Hell :blink: I'm sure you are Jenga in disguise :D

No way !!!

• Thanks 1

posters a class muppet . maybe corbyn fan in disguise !. deffo not related . cheers ruffty 4 the back up lol.:wub:

1 hour ago, jenga said:

posters a class muppet . maybe corbyn fan in disguise !. deffo not related . cheers ruffty 4 the back up lol.:wub:

Nee bosh,,, you's are in totally different leagues :t: