British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Nee bosh,,, you's are in totally different leagues :t:

Just fire the ammo and sit back to see how the numpties react. Sorry but that's definitely it for me. Arse knows the score. I'll watch the bites from a far.

Like most supporters, signing veteran riders isnt the real issue of concern? It will be getting close to the points limit with the final signing.

if the team total is only 38 or 39 It will have a marked impact and the crowd will be down.

I’d rather the promoters were honest however and say we simply cant get any riders rather than claim we’ve been chasing this particular rider for months if they had no where else to go!

i don’t think this is down to budget either, simply a case of no-one will come. -eg Kennett

18 minutes ago, Brough Diamond said:

Like most supporters, signing veteran riders isnt the real issue of concern? It will be getting close to the points limit with the final signing.

if the team total is only 38 or 39 It will have a marked impact and the crowd will be down.

I’d rather the promoters were honest however and say we simply cant get any riders rather than claim we’ve been chasing this particular rider for months if they had no where else to go!

i don’t think this is down to budget either, simply a case of no-one will come. -eg Kennett

I personally didn't expect Kennett to come, i'm lead to believe he has other things to do Sat & Sun and, I thought that his short spell at Berwick had travel issues around it.

27 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Just fire the ammo and sit back to see how the numpties react. Sorry but that's definitely it for me. Arse knows the score. I'll watch the bites from a far.

Back in the trenches!!!

37 minutes ago, Winditon said:

who's dummies out now then ;)

• Like 2

I'm going to reserve my opinions on the team until the last rider is announced but considering the small amount of time left to sign an out and out heat leader, things look bleak to say the least. As for supporting the team, I'll go and watch them as time permits but its understandable if people go elsewhere if they feel they can watch better speedway. The team makeup may change for the better as the season progresses but at the moment, we'll have to wait and see.

I've been looking through a database of riders who rode in the championship last season http://www.speedway-stats.co.uk/Averages/2017/2 and only found 2 seemingly unsigned riders which are probably unrealistic signings due to our financial constraints or being part of teams abroad but I'll mention them anyway. The first being Kenneth Hansen and the second being Jan Graverson. Again probably unrealistic and I'm not sure on their commitments abroad but I have no other ideas for potential riders.

21 hours ago, Arson fire said:

You never answered the question??

Had one ride in mechanics race and failed terribly, no i havent missed any years but sometimes you change your mind or change what you want out of life or whats important.

You have a go at anyone who posts anything remotley negative or against the grain!! Just a quick look at this thread. Sign up as new poster and troll boomerang, then more recently mauger65, diamond@heart and myself with snydey comments and veiled digs because we dont have the same outlook or opinion as you... who f*** are you to tell us we arnt proper supporters so to speak??your mask is slipping....

agree never seen him on this forum at all last year unless he has changed his user name.

ill give it 4 to 6 meetings show my support see how it goes but how will it look if lindgren,s no1

we will get tortured in heats 13 and 15 the two most important heats if it is a tight match we will get beat every week

54 minutes ago, FreddieWebb said:

I've been looking through a database of riders who rode in the championship last season http://www.speedway-stats.co.uk/Averages/2017/2 and only found 2 seemingly unsigned riders which are probably unrealistic signings due to our financial constraints or being part of teams abroad but I'll mention them anyway. The first being Kenneth Hansen and the second being Jan Graverson. Again probably unrealistic and I'm not sure on their commitments abroad but I have no other ideas for potential riders.

Firstly, without trying to offend anyone, (nigh on impossible with this post),,, I wouldn't go near those 2 riders and, would be more inclined to chance Roynon on a short term basis. Has been an exciting rider to watch in the past and obviously still has the enthusiasm, maybe his over enthusiasm has lead to his injuries in the past, but we would find out if he would work quickly,,, failing that, he would be short odds favourite to be side-lined first,,, giving us an opportunity for guest or r/r,,, I'll get me tin  hat.

Edited by ruffdiamond

Just because we don't appear to have a world beating team doesn't mean that the racing won't be entertaining. When we had the all conquering team racking up 5-1 after 5-1 it may have been nice to win but often the actual racing was poor. I'll reserve judgement and be prepared to watch some exciting heats.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Firstly, without trying to offend anyone, (nigh on impossible with this post),,, I wouldn't go near those 2 riders and, would be more inclined to chance Roynon on a short term basis. Has been an exciting rider to watch in the past and obviously still has the enthusiasm, maybe his over enthusiasm has lead to his injuries in the past, but we would find out if he would work quickly,,, failing that, he would be short odds favourite to be side-lined first,,, giving us an opportunity for guest or r/r,,, I'll get me tin  hat.

Couldn't agree more!

Roynon has in the past performed really well at Brough even though I do recall he has had at least one spill with his enthusiasm to wind it on full blast on the outside line. He would undoubtedly be a gamble, but George has in the past proved doubters wrong with his ability to take calculated risks.

If it is Roynon, I'm sure his team mates and the crowd will be very supportive and give him every opportunity to shine as our Number 1

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

2 minutes ago, Aceslider said:

Couldn't agree more!

Roynon has in the past performed really well at Brough even though I do recall he has had at least one spill with his enthusiasm to wind it on full blast on the outside line. He would undoubtedly be a gamble, but George has in the past proved doubters wrong with his ability to take calculated risks.

If it is Roynon, I'm sure his team mates and the crowd will be very supportive and give him every opportunity to shine as our Number 1

I wouldn't be completely opposed to signing Roynon on a short-term deal if it'sour only option, however it's still slightly frustrating that Roynon is probably the only viable option we have left. Roynon has experience but the team may still struggle if he's pitched as a heat leader.

10 minutes ago, Aceslider said:

Wouldnt Roynons average put him at reserve?

Must be a red herring guess as the last signing surely... 

48 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Wouldnt Roynons average put him at reserve?

Must be a red herring guess as the last signing surely... 

What ave. would he be on ?