British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Does anyone have any updates on Kenni Larsen? Haven't heard anything for ages

Retired over a year ago on medical advice. Nice guy Kenni.

The promoters who brought in the 6 point rule may not look so smug when the Diamonds attend their track, they have to pay bumper wages and the crowd is halved. The whole league is now a farce and at this rate we’ll be struggling to complete the season.

3 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Retired over a year ago on medical advice. Nice guy Kenni.

I knew he retired, I was just wondering how he is health wise, he's all ok? No adverse effects to his freak accident? I only ever got to see him ride a few times

12 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

I knew he retired, I was just wondering how he is health wise, he's all ok? No adverse effects to his freak accident? I only ever got to see him ride a few times

Yes he is in a happier place these days, with a nice girlfriend who has kids. He looks as if he is contented and has the son out on a minibike. I hope he enjoys his life, but I am not sure I want to see him on track. He was told he had to pack in and I understood he could not ride for a year. That has passed awhile ago and I have seen clips of him on a bike, but I think that is as far as it will go. One of the nicest riders in the business, with a beautiful style and great gater. 5-1's with DEEK was a done thing on many many heat 1's, and was in both legs of the Cup final against Birmingham in 2010.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brough Diamond said:

The promoters who brought in the 6 point rule may not look so smug when the Diamonds attend their track, they have to pay bumper wages and the crowd is halved. The whole league is now a farce and at this rate we’ll be struggling to complete the season.

slightly hysterical?

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

I have all home matches from all seasons he rode and I was there!

To bad you can as far as I  know no longer buy them LOL RIP Bob.

11 hours ago, andys said:

What would you suggest they do then with a limited budget and racing on the same night as Poland race. 

The obvious answer to that is drop down a league?

and to Steve Park, when you lose every single meeting, which looking at other line ups looks extremely likely, come back and call it a ridiculous comment. Tool. 

7 hours ago, Brough Diamond said:

It's not the 6 point rule which has caused the problem , it's the BSPA by raising the points limit up to 42.50 and with an extra team ( Lakeside ) included for 2018 meant there was a big chance of some clubs struggling to put out a competitive team .   It would have been more sensible to have left the upper limit at 40.00 then all would have had a better chance of being competitive .

Why is the points limit a ridiculous number , take off heat 15 as it’s a 5 th ride for two riders  and that means 42 pts will get you a draw so the the limit is set to 42.5 pts giving your sid a  chance  of winning the meeting . If your side wants to win matches you build your side as close as you can to the limit simple , so it looks like Newcastle don’t want to win matches which will then affect attendances and the vicious circle will just keep repeating 

49 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Why is the points limit a ridiculous number , take off heat 15 as it’s a 5 th ride for two riders  and that means 42 pts will get you a draw so the the limit is set to 42.5 pts giving your sid a  chance  of winning the meeting . If your side wants to win matches you build your side as close as you can to the limit simple , so it looks like Newcastle don’t want to win matches which will then affect attendances and the vicious circle will just keep repeating 

Who's 'your sid',,, is he our new rider ? ;)

10 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

It's not the 6 point rule which has caused the problem , it's the BSPA by raising the points limit up to 42.50 and with an extra team ( Lakeside ) included for 2018 meant there was a big chance of some clubs struggling to put out a competitive team .   It would have been more sensible to have left the upper limit at 40.00 then all would have had a better chance of being competitive .

It's nothing to do with the BSPA. Get off your high horse. It was voted in on a majority vote by all promoters present.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

It's nothing to do with the BSPA. Get off your high horse. It was voted in on a majority vote by all promoters present.

The BSPA are the promoters   

• Like 2

Come on boys n girls, play nicely.  Its only a Forum no need to attack one another.