British Speedway Forum

8 hours ago, proud panther said:

It's an opinion, what people are allowed to have on a forum.

please remember that when I post on the Peterborough  forum on the B.S.F.

thank you . J :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

from the top of Chilly rd. it would seem the long way round to go via Grace st. when surely it would be quicker to cut thru the bus depot onto the Fosse then your there ;)

Now I am confused as the bus depot is next to Aldi on “old shields road” and if I cut through I will end up at Walkergate metro 

What shocks me is that, almost the best 5 point rider available, BWD, doesn’t have a club in the championship, yet we have a spare 1.4 points............ I wouldn’t swap the likes of Ashley, but Carl and Matthew need to stand up as that kid could be a 7 pointer...... promotion and riders need to step up to their averages...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Diamond geezer said:

What shocks me is that, almost the best 5 point rider available, BWD, doesn’t have a club in the championship, yet we have a spare 1.4 points............ I wouldn’t swap the likes of Ashley, but Carl and Matthew need to stand up as that kid could be a 7 pointer...... promotion and riders need to step up to their averages...

Trouble is Kiwi's have never gone well around Brough......  :rolleyes:

One can only presume he's been asked and, like many others, decided not to.  Must've been on more than the Diamonds radar (doesn't seem to have a Polish team).  Like you say he's odds on to add 2 points to his CL average this season.  I Think he even had a PL maximum last season.  First Kiwi to do so since one....  Mark Thorpe is what SS reported.  Almost exactly the same average as Wethers but I suspect heading in opposite directions in terms of points and geography.

You can't force these boys to sign if you can't afford to make it worth their while and the reduced CL schedule probably doesn't help either.

Crazy this year not to have a new foreign rider on 5.20.  As I understand it the assessed averages (normally 7.00) were set so low to actively encourage this approach.  Fredrik Jacobsen looked full of potential at Belle Vue on Friday.  Easily looked like a 6-7 point CL rider. Again probably too expensive. Nevermind.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KEITH M said:

Now I am confused as the bus depot is next to Aldi on “old shields road” and if I cut through I will end up at Walkergate metro 

A mean the PTE depot and surely you mean Lidl ???,,, anyway, who would wanna get off the metro at Chilly rd. to then walk to Walkergate metro, that would be nuts if you adk me,,, although I do accept that you might be easily confused ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

Looking at the Newcastle team, I don't think it's as bad as some are making out! Will always have 2 good reserves at least!

Interesting that the Diamonds have been in contact with Jesper and Erik Gundersen to bring over some young Danes to fit in the team this year and George has not ruled out the possibility of bring them over during the season.

I'm also intrigued to know who the rider is who turned them down after they had specified the terms and then turned the deal down!!

21 hours ago, Diamond geezer said:

BWD couldn't be bothered to ride for Panthers towards the end of the season, & is now paying the price for his actions.

• Like 2

On 27/3/2018 at 1:29 AM, enotian said:

One can only presume he's been asked and, like many others, decided not to.  Must've been on more than the Diamonds radar (doesn't seem to have a Polish team).  Like you say he's odds on to add 2 points to his CL average this season.  I Think he even had a PL maximum last season.  First Kiwi to do so since one....  Mark Thorpe is what SS reported.  Almost exactly the same average as Wethers but I suspect heading in opposite directions in terms of points and geography.

You can't force these boys to sign if you can't afford to make it worth their while and the reduced CL schedule probably doesn't help either.

Crazy this year not to have a new foreign rider on 5.20.  As I understand it the assessed averages (normally 7.00) were set so low to actively encourage this approach.  Fredrik Jacobsen looked full of potential at Belle Vue on Friday.  Easily looked like a 6-7 point CL rider. Again probably too expensive. Nevermind.

David Bargh always went well around brough and was one of my favourite riders

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, soupy said:

His inside passes on 3/4 were a joy to watch, thorpy was lucky to finish a lap when he first came over, but went away and came back a completely different rider 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soupy said:

58 minutes ago, andys said:

His inside passes on 3/4 were a joy to watch, thorpy was lucky to finish a lap when he first came over, but went away and came back a completely different rider 

The good old Bargh and Thorpe days which were then replaced with the Thorpe and Thorp days!!

On 27/03/2018 at 1:29 AM, enotian said:

Really??? :o

I can still remember Ivan Mauger. He didn't do too bad around Brough. B)

As someone else stated - David Bargh too. :blink:

2 hours ago, The White Knight said:

Really??? :o

I can still remember Ivan Mauger. He didn't do too bad around Brough. B)

As someone else stated - David Bargh too. :blink:

whoooosssshhh

one was being sarcastic, considering the Diamonds rich history of riders from New Zealand and his apparent availability BWD should have been a shoe in for a team place. I made reference to including him in the 2018 line up pre Christmas thinking we'd be going for a strength in depth team rather than an under strength team

perhaps I selected the incorrect emoji 

sarcasm and irony are difficult in writing - we need a sarky emoticon

or am i being sarky saying that? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, enotian said:

whoooosssshhh

one was being sarcastic, considering the Diamonds rich history of riders from New Zealand and his apparent availability BWD should have been a shoe in for a team place. I made reference to including him in the 2018 line up pre Christmas thinking we'd be going for a strength in depth team rather than an under strength team

perhaps I selected the incorrect emoji 

The fact this needed explaining :D:lol: and I thought the naming of the 1 to 7 was a new low for the Greyhounds