British Speedway Forum

On 27/03/2018 at 12:42 AM, Diamond geezer said:

What shocks me is that, almost the best 5 point rider available, BWD, doesn’t have a club in the championship, yet we have a spare 1.4 points............ I wouldn’t swap the likes of Ashley, but Carl and Matthew need to stand up as that kid could be a 7 pointer...... promotion and riders need to step up to their averages...

How do you know he wasn't approached. i would suspect he hopes to be poland bound.

15 hours ago, leander said:

How do you know he wasn't approached. i would suspect he hopes to be poland bound.

Because I doubt a rider would pass up a season of racing in England on a Sunday when he is already riding premier on a Monday, not for a chance at Poland when all polish squads are full, and even when not most riders won’t get a ride.

i suspect, like most riders we couldn’t afford him, which strikes me as a little odd for 2 reasons.. 

1) our sponsors could afford to buy a riders contract who we are not using (despite the fact I am sure Danny wouldn’t cost much, I am sure whatever money was spent could have been better used to pay more for a rider who would be a #1 or would put points on his average, be it BWD or simply to pay extra to fly Eddie kennett up every week so travel wasn’t an issue)

2) we paid a tidy sum of money two seasons ago for matej kus who we only used for one season... the rules state I think that if another team want to add them to their line up then a club can demand a transfer fee (Redcar did and we paid). We could have demanded the same in return surely to Redcar and as above could have filled out extra money on a rider either as a #1 or someone who will add points to his average

again like a previous post I made, the inhibiter being Poland feels like a bit of a smokescreen, as whilst I am sure 90% of riders are riding over there which makes team selection difficult, it’s the fact that the remaining 10% (with the exception of our 7) still choose to not ride for us Which is the biggest cause for concern...... 

20 minutes ago, Diamond geezer said:

Because I doubt a rider would pass up a season of racing in England on a Sunday when he is already riding premier on a Monday, not for a chance at Poland when all polish squads are full, and even when not most riders won’t get a ride.

i suspect, like most riders we couldn’t afford him, which strikes me as a little odd for 2 reasons.. 

1) our sponsors could afford to buy a riders contract who we are not using (despite the fact I am sure Danny wouldn’t cost much, I am sure whatever money was spent could have been better used to pay more for a rider who would be a #1 or would put points on his average, be it BWD or simply to pay extra to fly Eddie kennett up every week so travel wasn’t an issue)

2) we paid a tidy sum of money two seasons ago for matej kus who we only used for one season... the rules state I think that if another team want to add them to their line up then a club can demand a transfer fee (Redcar did and we paid). We could have demanded the same in return surely to Redcar and as above could have filled out extra money on a rider either as a #1 or someone who will add points to his average

again like a previous post I made, the inhibiter being Poland feels like a bit of a smokescreen, as whilst I am sure 90% of riders are riding over there which makes team selection difficult, it’s the fact that the remaining 10% (with the exception of our 7) still choose to not ride for us Which is the biggest cause for concern...... 

Don't forget we will be getting loan fees for both Danny and Matty.  We are not using Danny, because the way they wanted to build the team (ie no out and out number one, but "strength in depth"). If we'd gone down the number one route, I'm pretty sure Danny would have been used.  If we had "demanded" a transfer fee for Matej, maybe (and I am only guessing) Redcar (or anyone else) didn't want to pay that, so, rather than have him out of British Speedway, it was better to loan him out and get a loan fee in, rather than have an asset on the books doing nothing for anybody.

34 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Don't forget we will be getting loan fees for both Danny and Matty.  We are not using Danny, because the way they wanted to build the team (ie no out and out number one, but "strength in depth"). If we'd gone down the number one route, I'm pretty sure Danny would have been used.  If we had "demanded" a transfer fee for Matej, maybe (and I am only guessing) Redcar (or anyone else) didn't want to pay that, so, rather than have him out of British Speedway, it was better to loan him out and get a loan fee in, rather than have an asset on the books doing nothing for anybody.

Yes I am sure we do get loan fees, again however it doesn’t explain how that money could have been put to better use. If signing riders is more beneficial why did we never sign Steve and Richie when we had the chance, or for that matter every other rider that’s available? We could have over a hundred riders on our books and get loan fees for all if that were the case...

My point is, when we claim we don’t have money, and struggling to pay anywhere near decent money for a rider at any average why use what little money to buy a rider not in our plans?

also, we never said we set the team out without a number one rider, we don’t have one because we couldn’t get one. Even two weeks ago george was trying to get Eddie kennett who is a number one, weeks before that he said he had an 8pointer ready who he was talking too before the doubling down rule changes, again a number one.

we have set our stall out this year to have strong reserves because of last year, even on averages berwick have stronger ones and they have a better number one. There is an argument that Redcar even have a better 6+7, as Theo pjiper especially is on a hugely artificial average and they have a number one and a number 5 stronger than our number one on the majority of tracks! Not even starting with the new Dane who in most quarters is tipped to be a top rider...

I don’t want to get down on the team, I will support our lads no matter what and wish all of them well for the season ahead, any rider who gets out on track for us spectators deserves a whole lot of credit. I genuinely hope to be proved wrong, but I am not surprised we are listed as bottom of both the pundits and the fans piece in the star. I quite like being underdogs however and hope to prove a few people wrong, but to do so it will take a few people to step up. No concerns with Stuart Lewis or Ashley, ludvig needs to step up big time away from home, and here is hoping Mathew, Carl and Tero can blossom at the tail end of their careers a top club. But to leave on a sour note, even if one of the 7 has a fantastic year and puts 1.5 points on there starting average it only brings us upto the starting average most teams are currently on.......think that’s really puts things into  perspective 

What price is it for an Adult at the turnstiles for admission as it is £16 online now.

1 hour ago, soupy said:

What price is it for an Adult at the turnstiles for admission as it is £16 online now.

Speedway Star says it should be £15 online, £16 at the gate.

9 hours ago, Diamond geezer said:

I suspect it's more likely, if asked, he said NO.  And we only have 1.26 available according to the latest greensheet listing.

the question is why didn't kus sign for us 

has he lost trust in the management after being dropped late last season for Robert 

2 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

has he lost trust in the management after being dropped late last season for Robert 

A management with any ambition wouldn't want him.

have you seen our team ........... we are wooden spoon favourites

anyway ... kus is far more liked at Newcastle than he is at redcar ..... hes taken a huge amount on this forum from redcar fans ......... I amazed they wanted to re-unite.... he has the potential to be a heat leader at Newcastle .. so I'm surprised hes not with us

10 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

It could for all kinds of reasons. 1) There was no offer to begin with. 2) He didn't think the offer (if there was one) was good enough.  3) Redcar offered to sign him before we were guaranteed to be running.  4) He didn't want to return after not getting a place last season.

That's just four off the top of my head.

Don't forget it's a brand new promotion at Redcar to the one he rode under last time. Had it been the 'old' promotion, I doubt he would have gone back there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

still think its a shame he aint riding for us .... and he was let down last year

I'd have Matej in my Diamonds 1-7 too.  Hopefully, sometime in the not too distant future, he will ride for us again.

Edited by StevePark

I thought  Kus was in  a squad team in Poland so as they race on Sunday he could not ride for us or was that not the case.

• Like 2