British Speedway Forum

I see Lewis Rose has stood down from his place at Kings Lynn, does this have any implications for the Diamonds, is he about to stand down?

Just seen on the Kings Lynn thread that Lewis Rose has posted on Facebook that he is taking a break from the sport....

a shame but not unexpected given his injury woes

hope to see you back soon Lewis

so the diamonds have 7.75 to play with

• Like 1

What a shame...was hoping he would kick on this season. Hopefully he will be back in the future...

Shame about Rose, but injuries will take their toll, wether it physically or mentally,,, best of luck to his future.

I wonder if Palm Toft would fit, if say Peterborough are looking to make a change ?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

I wonder if Palm Toft would fit, if say Peterborough are looking to make a change ?

Very unlikely that MPT will become available even if Boro make any changes ....

43 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

I don't think there is any chance of that occurring Panthers did a swap deal with garritty  and MPT is now a full asset of the club any changes that they are likely to make would certainly not involve him . To be honest I don't know where you are going to find anybody of the right calibre and average to replace Rose, looks like Diamonds have a massive headache on that score , but all the best on that and I hope you come up with a rider that fits the bill to make your side stay competitive.

5 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I don't think there is any chance of that occurring Panthers did a swap deal with garritty  and MPT is now a full asset of the club any changes that they are likely to make would certainly not involve him . To be honest I don't know where you are going to find anybody of the right calibre and average to replace Rose, looks like Diamonds have a massive headache on that score , but all the best on that and I hope you come up with a rider that fits the bill to make your side stay competitive.

Wonder how long we can keep going with guests.

11 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Obviously Diamonds will be allowed a facility to cover this but how long is a piece of string. There are no stand out replacements that come to mind so you might have to gamble on an untried Scandinavian or European

27 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Obviously Diamonds will be allowed a facility to cover this but how long is a piece of string. There are no stand out replacements that come to mind so you might have to gamble on an untried Scandinavian or European

That's my thoughts. We have a few weeks to have a good look, but we already have Jesper Olsen and Eric G looking for one and there was a hint that a new rider could become available later in the year when we were first looking for a number 1. Doesn't have to be a Dane, but it has worked for us so many times since I got Jesper.

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Just seen on the Kings Lynn thread that Lewis Rose has posted on Facebook that he is taking a break from the sport....

Really not surprised by this after talking to him Thursday night. Fingers crossed he can return at some point. Good luck in the quest for a replacement, and well done on your win at home.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Since he has stood down to take time out I would think that's "withholding his services", 28 days in the norm for that isn't it?

Not sure what effect the next greensheets would have on the amount of points we have to play with. The regs seem to imply that you need 4H 4A rides (in the league) so that would take it until  1 July before anyone changes in averages take place. Some say rolling averages are back in again using the last 20 (where applicable) league matches including 2017 scores which would mean some earlier changes in averages could be/ or not beneficial.

Edited by leander

wonder if Kenneth Hansen would fit? or a Kenneth Hansen & Jan Graversen depending on points available