British Speedway Forum

Looks like Lindgren had things sorted tonight....

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Looks like Lindgren had things sorted tonight....

Against a team of 3 reserves plus R/R and a hitty missy Barker? Not a great deal to write home about. Our next meeting is away at Scunthorpe I’ll be surprised if he gets more than 6 points 

• Sad 1

Some people just will never be happy with Ludvig... He scored 17+1 and beat a very fast looking Rory Schlein and you're still criticising him... Point is, he beat the riders in front of him tonight and that's all he can do, whether that's a team of '3 reserves' (I'm sorry but I only saw two) and a hitty missy Ben Barker

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Some people just will never be happy with Ludvig... He scored 17+1 and beat a very fast looking Rory Schlein and you're still criticising him... Point is, he beat the riders in front of him tonight and that's all he can do, whether that's a team of '3 reserves' (I'm sorry but I only saw two) and a hitty missy Ben Barker

And at the same time there are a few on here who according to them Lindgren can do no wrong. The poor meetings he has for us massively outweigh the good ones. Well Hume/Mountain are reserves and Pickering is for Edinburgh so 3 reserves. Lets just see how our super number one fares on Friday 

16 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

And at the same time there are a few on here who according to them Lindgren can do no wrong. The poor meetings he has for us massively outweigh the good ones. Well Hume/Mountain are reserves and Pickering is for Edinburgh so 3 reserves. Lets just see how our super number one fares on Friday 

You could look at is as, he only dropped points to Schlien, who is no mug. I think there was other areas of the team that let us down tonight.

• Like 2

bloom89 - what are you on about 

lindgren was only beaten by schlein who is a class act around brough

3 reserves .... did you see pickering ........... hes about as much as reserve as Ashley morris is 

and riding at 4 is completely different to riding at 1and 5 ...........  at 1 and 5 you face the opposition 1 and 5 twice !!! at four you only meet them once .......... if you think riding heat 14 against the opposition 4 and 6/7 is the same as riding heat 13 then that probably explains your other daft comments

and as for our 'super number one' ...........  beyond belief ........... everyone has commented he's not a number 1 AND he has never claimed to be .... the lad maybe be an enigma but hes riding out of position through no fault of his own

Edited by mauger65
  • Like 4

Lindgren had a good performance this evening - in racking up his 17+1 he defeated some quality opposition.

When a rider scores 17+1 it's not really the time to be concerned about his form. It seems his major mechanical problems are sorted. Let's see if he can trouble the scoreboard at Scunthorpe...

• Like 1

And if Witches were so weak with all them reserves in their team where were the rest of the diamonds tonight especially the strongest reserves in the league.

The truth is when a good gating rider of any standard rides the right line at Brough or most other circuits in the championship it is now very hard to pass them

if you make the gate you can bank on 3 or 2 points, miss the gate and it’s a 1or a zero.

Once Rory had won the sling shot off turn two in ht15 Ludvig let Tero get ahead and sat mid track protecting the 3 all for a draw.

8 hours ago, mauger65 said:

bloom89 - what are you on about 

lindgren was only beaten by schlein who is a class act around brough

3 reserves .... did you see pickering ........... hes about as much as reserve as Ashley morris is 

and riding at 4 is completely different to riding at 1and 5 ...........  at 1 and 5 you face the opposition 1 and 5 twice !!! at four you only meet them once .......... if you think riding heat 14 against the opposition 4 and 6/7 is the same as riding heat 13 then that probably explains your other daft comments

and as for our 'super number one' ...........  beyond belief ........... everyone has commented he's not a number 1 AND he has never claimed to be .... the lad maybe be an enigma but hes riding out of position through no fault of his own

Yeah fair play to him for beating schlein and that’s what he should be doing at home all the time the problem is he doesn’t. Next home meeting he is quite likely to go out and score 7.

Technically Pickering is a reserve although I get what your saying he’s riding way beyond his average.

I’ve never once said riding at 1 is the same as riding at 4 if you read my posts properly if you take out heat 13/14 which ever number you ride at you still have to face the opposing heat leader once in your first three rides? 

It just seems to some on here he can do no wrong and is immune of any criticism imo. Don’t get me wrong he is a huge talent when he wants to be he should really be getting double figures home and away for the experience he has but for whatever reason he doesn’t and is so inconsistent. 

9 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

You could look at is as, he only dropped points to Schlien, who is no mug. I think there was other areas of the team that let us down tonight.

Yeah that’s true.... he’s more than good enough to do it on a regular basis it’s frustrating. Yeah absolutely you wouldn’t have expected Wethers to not trouble the scorers considering he’s been pretty steady since he’s signed for us.

2 hours ago, bringbackHalifax said:

Once Rory had won the sling shot off turn two in ht15 Ludvig let Tero get ahead and sat mid track protecting the 3 all for a draw.

Surely, that can't be right,,, after all he's all for himself and wouldn't know how to look after his partner ;)

A no.1s score last night, Tero still impresses thus far, Ash a bit below par (maybe he's set the bar high so far),,, not impressed with the rest and seemed to give points away. The ht 10 decision gifted us a life-line and luckily we took it. 

It is not Ludvig we need to worry about it is Matthew Wethers who needs to step up to the mark. His contribution last night was zero and that cost us a possible victory.

So far this season he has been very disappointing.

11 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Let’s see how long it’s lasts it’s only one good meeting! Hopefully he can keep it up 

4 hours ago, Gating tart said:

Let’s see how long it’s lasts it’s only one good meeting! Hopefully he can keep it up 

It you knew the frequency of his engine problems, the rare events that have happened to key parts in his engines, the number of engines he has bought, the money it has cost him, the tuners like Wilson who are working for him at the moment, well last night things worked very well for him and we had a true Ludde performance. Long may it continue, and hope his engine problems are over. if you don't like guy fair enough, but for christ sake respect the fact that he is doing his head in trying to sort it out and last night he did it. Rant over.:angry:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Surely, that can't be right,,, after all he's all for himself and wouldn't know how to look after his partner ;)

A no.1s score last night, Tero still impresses thus far, Ash a bit below par (maybe he's set the bar high so far),,, not impressed with the rest and seemed to give points away. The ht 10 decision gifted us a life-line and luckily we took it. 

Aye. But it was the right decision. Heeps got up and made no effort to clear the track seeing Pickering was 3rd so getting the race stopped. 

I thought the ref was a bit premature in awarding heat 2. At the time it wasn't inconceivable that Ash would of passed Hume.

Some people were saying we would of lost if King had been riding. I'm not so sure Haertel would have been there as well, and I very much doubt he would have got anywhere near Pickering's 9+1. 

As for Ludvig losing to Schlein, well Schlein is riding like a No1 in the Premiership never mind our league. Matty might not have scored anything last night but he did a good job on Schlein into bend 1 in heat 13 to allow Ludvig to get away. 

If nothing else last night showed the drop in averages is doing us no favours in the choice of guests available. We need to replace Lewis (hopefully with some quality) sooner rather than later, and possibly even Robbo on a temp contract.

• Like 1