British Speedway Forum

45 minutes ago, leander said:

He never said anyone was soon to sign for us. Just that the lineup for the Berwick match would be interesting. It's a challenge match so either team can, in theory, use whoever they want as long as both clubs agree. It needn't necessarily be a new signing. It could just be a quality guest.

If Newcastle have got someone lined up to sign I wouldn't expect it to be announced until it's been ratified by the BSPA. Since there seems to be nothing happening before the Scunthorpe match I don't expect anything until the weekend at the earliest. It would appear whoever (if) is unavailable for Friday. To redeclare before hand, if this is so, would mean having to use a National league guest at Scunthorpe.

I must of heard it wrong.  Just thought he mentioned an announcement that cud be the future for the diamond's. 

58 minutes ago, leander said:

He never said anyone was soon to sign for us. Just that the lineup for the Berwick match would be interesting. It's a challenge match so either team can, in theory, use whoever they want as long as both clubs agree. It needn't necessarily be a new signing. It could just be a quality guest.

If Newcastle have got someone lined up to sign I wouldn't expect it to be announced until it's been ratified by the BSPA. Since there seems to be nothing happening before the Scunthorpe match I don't expect anything until the weekend at the earliest. It would appear whoever (if) is unavailable for Friday. To redeclare before hand, if this is so, would mean having to use a National league guest at Scunthorpe.

I thought Roy had said somethinng along the lines of ' new look Diamonds',,, which could mean anything, new hair cuts, moustaches or beards. I get what you say about it only being a challenge match, but some might see it as a new look team and could be disappointed if its not. I could of heard it wrong, and will hold my hands up if I did, Dave ;)

49 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

But he hasn't just been inconsistent this Season Dave.

Anyway, he was brilliant on Sunday - let's hope he can keep it up. If he can - then he may be the real Number One in the Team.

I am well aware of that, but with usually an over 7 point average, for every 4 or 5 point meetings he must have had a canny few 11 and 12's. I get frustrated with him at times, especially when you were not there last year, when he continued to try out the new engine(GRM ?) with very poor returns using them. This year but, it has been exceptional with the blow ups and the money he has had to spend with the top tuners, and now he is with Sean Wilson. There are components that have gone twice this year, when some professionals can only remember have one go in their whole career. He has snapped a couple of new Primary chains and hurled into the fence at Berwick, and these failures have occurred when he has been in good scoring positions He had a private session on track at Brough on a Sunday afternoon two weeks ago to try things out, so desperate he has been to get things right. And there is the unbelievers who say he should 'get his finger one'. Strewth. :angry:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I am well aware of that, but with usually an over 7 point average, for every 4 or 5 point meetings he must have had a canny few 11 and 12's. I get frustrated with him at times, especially when you were not there last year, when he continued to try out the new engine(GRM ?) with very poor returns using them. This year but, it has been exceptional with the blow ups and the money he has had to spend with the top tuners, and now he is with Sean Wilson. There are components that have gone twice this year, when some professionals can only remember have one go in their whole career. He has snapped a couple of new Primary chains and hurled into the fence at Berwick, and these failures have occurred when he has been in good scoring positions He had a private session on track at Brough on a Sunday afternoon two weeks ago to try things out, so desperate he has been to get things right. And there is the unbelievers who say he should 'get his finger one'. Strewth. :angry:

Do you want to take over my 'mantle' Dave ???,,, I could stand down ;)

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Mentalmik said:

I must of heard it wrong.  Just thought he mentioned an announcement that cud be the future for the diamond's. 

Josh Embleton?:unsure::D

Archie!!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, leander said:

Seven to be exact before Sunday. And three blown motors so that's at least two grand per match. I would say that's pretty tough at any level. 

What’s been happening to his motors when they have blown? Doesn’t always mean they are a total write off you can still save bits 

1 minute ago, Gating tart said:

What’s been happening to his motors when they have blown? Doesn’t always mean they are a total write off you can still save bits 

Still very expensive to repair though, even if they can be saved.

20 minutes ago, Gating tart said:

Well after Berwick he said on his facebook page "That's another engine gone to the angels" so I would assume that at least two of them have been write-offs.

25 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

Still very expensive to repair though, even if they can be saved.

Not £2000 to repair like what was quoted before!

8 minutes ago, leander said:

Well after Berwick he said on his facebook page "That's another engine gone to the angels" so I would assume that at least two of them have been write-offs.

Were they new engines at the start of the season ? Or more like ones from last season and hasn’t been getting them serviced regularly 

11 minutes ago, Gating tart said:

Were they new engines at the start of the season ? Or more like ones from last season and hasn’t been getting them serviced regularly 

I've no idea. But he was GTR's for most of last season (the ones that are "supposedly" indestructable), Gm's this season so they aren't that old even if they were last years. i would suspect, like most riders, they were serviced/ rebuilt over the winter for the start of the new season, if not new.  

I'd be gobsmacked if they were just left in a shed for 5 months then just dusted off for the start of the season. That would be just like Ferrari parking their F1 car in a container and rolling it out for the first GP. It ain't gonna happen.

3 minutes ago, leander said:

I've no idea. But he was GTR's for most of last season (the ones that are "supposedly" indestructable), Gm's this season so they aren't that old even if they were last years. i would suspect, like most riders, they were serviced/ rebuilt over the winter for the start of the new season, if not new.  

I'd be gobsmacked if they were just left in a shed for 5 months then just dusted off for the start of the season. That would be just like Ferrari parking their F1 car in a container and rolling it out for the first GP. It ain't gonna happen.

He never used GTR’s all last season he had one till it went bang at Workington in June and only ever had one ! And for his engines to be blowing up at the start of the season I would be changing where I had them serviced not waiting till I had 3 blowing up 

Won't big brother help little brother out ? maybe Fred still has some stuff in the uk somewhere that is surplus to requirements. 

• Like 1

Lindgren last scored 17+1 - maybe it will now start to happen for him...

Edited by PaulS

6 hours ago, Gating tart said:

There you go again making things up to suit your agenda. Spouting opinions not facts. :rolleyes:

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2