British Speedway Forum

26 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Two more tweets from the Club but still no word about the team.

I hope something happens soon...

Well if it's all happening before Berwick on Sunday, it must be announced soon? Unless of course something has gone wrong in negotiations :(

Just now, Dandelion said:

Well if it's all happening before Berwick on Sunday, it must be announced soon? Unless of course something has gone wrong in negotiations :(

No negotiations necessary really.  It's a challenge match, so we could use seven guests if we want (providing Berwick agreed).  The only thing would be is when the team has to be declared, even then changes could be made (again with Berwick's agreement).

17 minutes ago, StevePark said:

No negotiations necessary really.  It's a challenge match, so we could use seven guests if we want (providing Berwick agreed).  The only thing would be is when the team has to be declared, even then changes could be made (again with Berwick's agreement).

I meant negotiations with the rider, we planned on getting him in before the Berwick meeting but we haven't for some reason!!

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

Not really. It could be as late as Sunday morning. as long as Berwick agree to it as Steve says. As long as he has a license recognised by the british authorities. The official redeclaration won't need to be made until 72 hours before the Redcar match on the 27th. There's been no announcement as to who we are using as guests on Saturday at Peterborough yet, apart from possibly Paul Starke (though he has to be doubtful after his recent spills). we are missing Tero as well for that match.

Does Magnus Karlsson ride in Poland?

I think he does ride in Sweden.

8 hours ago, StevePark said:

Surely it would be better to get the team in place before then so that they can bond and get used to riding together?

31 minutes ago, KevH said:

Surely it would be better to get the team in place before then so that they can bond and get used to riding together?

Are we actually signing rider(s), or just having a look at one (or two)?  

3 hours ago, The White Knight said:

I think he does ride in Sweden.

Yes, for Kumla I think? But that's doesn't effect riding in this country, does it?

Well if it's triallists on  Sunday I hope we adopt the 1920s formulation and call them A.N Other, Dan D. Lyon and such.

I thought I would have a sense of anticipation about this, but I don t,  for some reason - is it just me or do things seem a bit flat?

19 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Well if it's triallists on  Sunday I hope we adopt the 1920s formulation and call them A.N Other, Dan D. Lyon and such.

I thought I would have a sense of anticipation about this, but I don t,  for some reason - is it just me or do things seem a bit flat?

Things do seem a bit flat this Season. I've been on a diet. ;):DB)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well it looks like the 'trialists' idea went bust, unless R/R for Robson and an injured Manzares, who last I heard was in a county ambulance with a back injury... Yesterday... are our replacements

What did you guys think of the Berwick meeting on Sunday? Some great racing, Lindgren following on from his great score vs Ipswich at home and nice to see Wethers riding much better than previous meetings :)