British Speedway Forum

13 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

When will a facility for Rose expire ?

The first meeting he missed was on the 6th May, so 28 days after that will be 4th June.........that is my guess :/

A friend of mine asked me the other day if I still go to Speedway but I said I didn’t because we had a young child but I was thinking of coming back this year as he’s older but when I saw the team it just did not appeal to me and I thought I would give it a miss, in all the years I’ve been there has always been a standout rider or riders going back to my first meeting it was the Owen brothers and mr blackadder all characters and pure racers had u wanting to go every week this team is just a bit bland, all the years I have been going to speedway you bump into people who say “I used to go to speedway when such and such was riding” now I’m one of them and I can understand why.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

A friend of mine asked me the other day if I still go to Speedway but I said I didn’t because we had a young child but I was thinking of coming back this year as he’s older but when I saw the team it just did not appeal to me and I thought I would give it a miss, in all the years I’ve been there has always been a standout rider or riders going back to my first meeting it was the Owen brothers and mr blackadder all characters and pure racers had u wanting to go every week this team is just a bit bland, all the years I have been going to speedway you bump into people who say “I used to go to speedway when such and such was riding” now I’m one of them and I can understand why.

Forgetting of course the trauma that the club has gone through before Xmas to be in a position to open this year, and the published statements about this year is realistically a year of consolidation. No number 1's left, so strength in depth team was the only alternative, and the team has had some great results and decent racing especially at Brough. A hiccup unfortunately with Rose finally signing but now having time out, but some good news could be around the corner about his replacement. What was the phrase at Xmas, "in George we trust".

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Forgetting of course the trauma that the club has gone through before Xmas to be in a position to open this year, and the published statements about this year is realistically a year of consolidation. No number 1's left, so strength in depth team was the only alternative, and the team has had some great results and decent racing especially at Brough. A hiccup unfortunately with Rose finally signing but now having time out, but some good news could be around the corner about his replacement. What was the phrase at Xmas, "in George we trust".

Aye, but which corner Dave ? ;)

10 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Aye, but which corner Dave ? ;)

George is probably getting him from the corner shop.

So they work at a local McColl's?

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

I certainly agree with that Dave.

I agree, George is and has been a great team manager for the Diamonds for as long as I've been going and beyond... It's just so frustrating how little communication with the fans there is... I know sometimes there's nothing to say, but at this moment when we are clearly looking for new riders, a small update, even if it was just a simple twitter post would be appreciated, it would make us all feel that something is actually happening behind the scenes... I'm sure there's a lot of work going on, but when all you hear is silence for weeks on end, it gets a bit worrying

13 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

I agree, George is and has been a great team manager for the Diamonds for as long as I've been going and beyond... It's just so frustrating how little communication with the fans there is... I know sometimes there's nothing to say, but at this moment when we are clearly looking for new riders, a small update, even if it was just a simple twitter post would be appreciated, it would make us all feel that something is actually happening behind the scenes... I'm sure there's a lot of work going on, but when all you hear is silence for weeks on end, it gets a bit worrying

Not by me it wouldn't Dandelion ;) :) - I am not and never will be on Twitter, Facebook etc.. :nono:

• Like 1

On 5/22/2018 at 7:22 PM, StevePark said:

Matty drops to reserve from 26th May (GSA 4.00) and Ash moves into the main body (1-5).

It gets more confusing every minute. I agree when you posted the above it did say the effective date was 26 may. But now the latest issue (8) shows the effective date as the 1st june. So Ash should still be at reserve this weekend.

http://speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/c18_gs_issue_8.pdf

I've no idea what the difference is between "Championship Issue *" and "championship greensheet issue *" is but championship greensheet issue 7 seems to have disappeared from the download list. 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, The White Knight said:

Not by me it wouldn't Dandelion ;) :) - I am not and never will be on Twitter, Facebook etc.. :nono:

Neither am I, I don't have twitter or facebook, but you can still see what has been posted on twitter

Here, https://twitter.com/diamondspeedway?lang=en

without needing an account

• Like 1

9 hours ago, leander said:

It gets more confusing every minute. I agree when you posted the above it did say the effective date was 26 may. But now the latest issue (8) shows the effective date as the 1st june. So Ash should still be at reserve this weekend.

http://speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/c18_gs_issue_8.pdf

Agree with what you say, but why has Matty got a 4.00 effective ave. but 3.89 rolling ave.?

21 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Agree with what you say, but why has Matty got a 4.00 effective ave. but 3.89 rolling ave.?

Because no rider (other than a rider eligible to ride in the NDL) can have an effective average lower than 4.00. (See Art 16.2.6)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Because no rider (other than a rider eligible to ride in the NDL) can have an effective average lower than 4.00. (See Art 16.2.6)

Thanks for that, well I think he needs to pull his socks up then. His average makes him out to be better than he actually is ;)

10 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Neither am I, I don't have twitter or facebook, but you can still see what has been posted on twitter

Here, https://twitter.com/diamondspeedway?lang=en

without needing an account

I didn't realise that Dandelion - you don't half look after me. Thank you very much for that. I have learned something new today. :t::approve::)