British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, The White Knight said:

I didn't realise that Dandelion - you don't half look after me. Thank you very much for that. I have learned something new today. :t::approve::)

Maybe you'll discover twitter now and become hooked ;)

You learn something new every day... If you want anyway :) I haven't learned anything in years

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Maybe you'll discover twitter now and become hooked ;)

You learn something new every day... If you want anyway :) I haven't learned anything in years

I don't think so Dandelion - I don't think so. ;) :)

• Like 1

If Redcar end up dropping Kus, he is a must on a 4.76 average... Sorry Wilko but Matej and Matthew at reserve..... Yes please.....

1. Ludvig Lindgren 6.71

2. This foreigner we're talking to 5.20

3. Stuart Robson 6.65

4. Ashley Morris 5.50

5. Tero Aarnio 5.38

6. Matej Kus 4.76

7. Matthew Wethers 4.00

Total: 38.20

Would be EXTREMELY competitive, especially if Matej can start recreating his 2016 form... I know he's had a bad start to the year, but he's got it in him

We'd have 8.30 points left if we took Matthew out too (if we were going to make drastic changes) A nice number 1 with the foreigner and Matej at reserve... We could make the playoffs with a team like that!! It would be:

1. 8.30 (Wolbert? Thomsen? Mikkel Michelsen? Dreaming?)

2. Ashley Morris

3. Stuart Robson

4. Ludvig Lindgren

5. Tero Aarnio

6. Matej Kus

7. Foreigner

Hmmm, food for thought on a boring bank holiday Monday night...

don't think redcar will drop kus on that average and also I don't think hes available to ride for us on sundays 

I hope we are not signing a 5.20 foreigner......... it will weaken the team further 

given the other 5 are NOW riding to average or better and Robbo is coming back ... its just a case of getting the best rider who can as we have 9.64 to replace rose  

1 minute ago, mauger65 said:

don't think redcar will drop kus on that average

I think you will find they have!

10 hours ago, KevH said:

That has settled it, we need to sign him at reserve, (if he's available on Sundays??? Would he give up Czech on Sunday for us if it meant us or no uk team?) to replace Wilko or Wethers (but I know which I'd prefer) Also Rose to be replaced with a young Dane for example with sights for bringing him in for 2019 would be great, maybe we'll unearth the new Nicki/Bjarne/Kenni/Rene

And with the points we have left, if we had a bit more money I'd say we drop the risky, injured Robson for a big number 1 (who would be hard to find) but this year I think we need to settle with a similar team to what we have now

10 hours ago, KevH said:

Have they ?   I saw pijper was axed but nowt about kus

30 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

That has settled it, we need to sign him at reserve, (if he's available on Sundays??? Would he give up Czech on Sunday for us if it meant us or no uk team?) to replace Wilko or Wethers (but I know which I'd prefer) Also Rose to be replaced with a young Dane for example with sights for bringing him in for 2019 would be great, maybe we'll unearth the new Nicki/Bjarne/Kenni/Rene

And with the points we have left, if we had a bit more money I'd say we drop the risky, injured Robson for a big number 1 (who would be hard to find) but this year I think we need to settle with a similar team to what we have now

That's not the way George operates (and full credit to him for it unlike other promoters who axe at will) ..... his is very loyal to his riders and only removes riders who are seriously under-performing - after a bad start to the season I would say our riders are beginning to perform better than their current averages .... look at the turn around in lindgren and wethers, whilst Ashley and tero are currently 7 pointers on 5 point averages

we just need a solid number 1 with an average over 8.5 to replace rose and we will have a competitive side..............  alas theres none available

16 hours ago, Dandelion said:

If Redcar end up dropping Kus, he is a must on a 4.76 average... Sorry Wilko but Matej and Matthew at reserve..... Yes please.....

Would be EXTREMELY competitive, especially if Matej can start recreating his 2016 form... I know he's had a bad start to the year, but he's got it in him

Kus stank the place out on Sunday.

Thst wasn t gate and go, it was gate and give up.

He has the gater's chance in any heat, and nothing more.

Not for me.

2 hours ago, mauger65 said:

That's not the way George operates (and full credit to him for it unlike other promoters who axe at will) ..... his is very loyal to his riders and only removes riders who are seriously under-performing - after a bad start to the season I would say our riders are beginning to perform better than their current averages .... look at the turn around in lindgren and wethers, whilst Ashley and tero are currently 7 pointers on 5 point averages

we just need a solid number 1 with an average over 8.5 to replace rose and we will have a competitive side..............  alas theres none available

Well if we want to have a competitive season where we might win something, we're not going to do it with the team we have now, with someone replacing Rose, I know we're on a budget but that surely doesn't mean we've given up already?

1 hour ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Kus stank the place out on Sunday.

Thst wasn t gate and go, it was gate and give up.

He has the gater's chance in any heat, and nothing more.

Not for me.

Kus at reserve would be worth it, especially if you partner him with someone like Matthew, very strong pairing to make up for our lack of top end strength, imagine if we got Kus riding again like 2016 at reserve?

Edited by Dandelion

22 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Well if we want to have a competitive season where we might win something, we're not going to do it with the team we have now, with someone replacing Rose, I know we're on a budget but that surely doesn't mean we've given up already?

Kus at reserve would be worth it, especially if you partner him with someone like Matthew, very strong pairing to make up for our lack of top end strength, imagine if we got Kus riding again like 2016 at reserve?

I think winning anything this year was never on the cards.  This is year is about keeping the club solvent for 2019 and we were last to team build.  We have been trying to secure a number 1 since January but there's little available.  Im sure George and Martin haven't given up,  but if there's no -one available on Sundays there's little we can do

Im yet to see anything on Kus being released, but I only see him getting in through injury.    To be fair Carl is riding to his average, to ditch him would be very unfair and even less unlikely (not Georges style).  Kus is currently way out of form and although potentially a steal at 4.76 ..........  there's no guarantee given the way he is riding that he would outscore Carl 

• Like 1

If Kus is dropped by Redcar and, fails to secure a team place elsewhere, I would assume Newcastle won't pick up a loan fee ???

I think we need to replace Rose quickly and, if Kus was available it would make sense, even if it were short term.

Edited by ruffdiamond

16 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

If Kus is dropped by Redcar and, fails to secure a team place elsewhere, I would assume Newcastle won't pick up a loan fee ???

I think we need to replace Rose quickly and, if Kus was available it would make sense, even if it were short term.

Redcar will have taken out a loan agreement on Kus for the year. If Kus was then loaned out to say Sheffield, Redcar would get the loan fee for the remainder of the season.

11 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Redcar will have taken out a loan agreement on Kus for the year. If Kus was then loaned out to say Sheffield, Redcar would get the loan fee for the remainder of the season.

Arr a see, wasn't sure how it works. So maybe they'll stick with him then. What happens if a 'loan rider' gets injured, is that just bad luck ?

53 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Arr a see, wasn't sure how it works. So maybe they'll stick with him then. What happens if a 'loan rider' gets injured, is that just bad luck ?

It is for the rider :)

• Like 1