British Speedway Forum

Diamond@heart sums it up nicely in that Peterborough have taken action with Kennett joining and reading between the lines why we didn't get him or even Jorgenson who has gone to Redcar. The recent updates are deafening.

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

He would never have come to a Northern track due to his other committments.

Gone are the days of have bike and van will travel!!!

I don't think there's any wish to replace Robbo.

There is, I think, a lack of comprehension that a replacement for Lewis Rose can't be found. I thought Mr. Phillips displayed masterly qualities of expectation management on Sunday when he said he hoped there would be reasonable news of a replacement!

38 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

I don't think there's any wish to replace Robbo.

There is, I think, a lack of comprehension that a replacement for Lewis Rose can't be found. I thought Mr. Phillips displayed masterly qualities of expectation management on Sunday when he said he hoped there would be reasonable news of a replacement!

Yes and some riders back out of a deal  but you cant report that. It's all highs and lows and riders messing others up. 

Barbarian. Kennett going to Peterborough is a no brainer for him. Hardly a scoop as he wouldn't join any Northern Tracks, then along comes a Southern one.

• Like 1

Tsunami I understand the Kennett situation but how do Redcar get Jorgenson and we don't. I believe he would have been a suitable replacement for Rose as it's over a month now since he took time out.

3 hours ago, Smoggy45 said:

I've noticed a few on these threads that suggest robbo should go , apart from being injured almost as soon as the season got going  he's been one of the diamonds top riders for many season's and can and does beat anyone round Brough park when he's fully fit . 

Very good Post - and dead right too. :approve: :approve:

3 hours ago, Smoggy45 said:

I've noticed a few on these threads that suggest robbo should go , apart from being injured almost as soon as the season got going  he's been one of the diamonds top riders for many season's and can and does beat anyone round Brough park when he's fully fit . 

There must have been quite a few occasions when he hasn't been at full fitness then ;)

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

There must have been quite a few occasions when he hasn't been at full fitness then ;)

There is - Speedway Riders get injured.

16 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

There is - Speedway Riders get injured.

Yeah, I agree.

Robbo at his peak was a match for most at Brough, and other tracks. Those days are fewer and far between nowadays tho. :(

Hope springs eternal - I hope he comes back soon.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The White Knight said:

Hope springs eternal

very good choice of phrase.

21 hours ago, Barbarian said:

Diamond@heart sums it up nicely in that Peterborough have taken action with Kennett joining and reading between the lines why we didn't get him or even Jorgenson who has gone to Redcar. The recent updates are deafening.

Kennett gets a migrain if he travels north of Grantham. Fairly sure Jorgensen has polish commitments.

Edited by leander

25 minutes ago, leander said:

Kennett gets a migrain if he travels north of Grantham. Fairly sure Jorgensen has polish commitments.

and neither of them may be fond of our track.

1 hour ago, leander said:

Matej Zagar used to get one of them when he rode for Reading!!! :rofl:

• Like 1

It appears Matej Kus has been released by Redcar, very attractive signing for someone.

• Confused 1