British Speedway Forum

any news on a signing or are we still going with R/R indefinitely and chasing the wooden spoon ……..   very sad state of affairs that we cannot attract a decent rider

1 hour ago, mauger65 said:

any news on a signing or are we still going with R/R indefinitely and chasing the wooden spoon ……..   very sad state of affairs that we cannot attract a decent rider

28 day facility for Lewis Rose ended tonight, so we either 1) have to sign someone for Scunthorpe on Friday, or, 2) it will be an NL guest.  Stuart Robson hopes to be back soon.   

geez that's even worse … don't we have to give 72 hours notice for a redeclared team ….  so we have to sign someone by Tuesday …. please not kus … when we have 9 points to play with 

Edited by mauger65

On 6/3/2018 at 12:23 PM, screm said:

Kus would come in on an average of 4-76, that IMO makes him an attractive signing, for example should he come into the Newcastle team he would start at reserve and a reserve partnership of Kus and Morris seems a good idea to me.

Ho hum. People have short memories. Q. Why didn't Newcastle sign Kus at the beginning of the season? A. He had already signed a Polish contract to ride in Poland on SUNDAYS.

Q. Will Newcastle sign him now. A. Unlikely. Why? He has a polish contract to ride in Poland on SUNDAYS.

( and he's riding better over there than he is over here.................)

53 minutes ago, leander said:

Ho hum. People have short memories. Q. Why didn't Newcastle sign Kus at the beginning of the season? A. He had already signed a Polish contract to ride in Poland on SUNDAYS.

Q. Will Newcastle sign him now. A. Unlikely. Why? He has a polish contract to ride in Poland on SUNDAYS.

( and he's riding better over there than he is over here.................)

Does he often ride in Poland on a Sunday, cos he's rode twice for the Bears at Brough and is often seen frequenting the place and, whats his Polish team ?

I was gonna suggest Timo Lahti but just discovered he rides in Poland (Daugavpils), bloody polish leagues.  I think Kus rides for Poznan in Poland, could be wrong.

So Stuart might be back on Friday depending on practice and we need a replacement for Rose, I'm struggling to see where one will come from.  I don't think it will be Kus as that would be suicide by the Diamonds, I can only think we are looking abroad, Sweden maybe????

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Does he often ride in Poland on a Sunday, cos he's rode twice for the Bears at Brough and is often seen frequenting the place and, whats his Polish team ?

Sunday 22 April Polish leagues hadn't started.

Sunday 27 May  Poznan didn't have a fixture (they were at Gneizo on Friday 25 May that weekend).

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, StevePark said:

28 day facility for Lewis Rose ended tonight, so we either 1) have to sign someone for Scunthorpe on Friday, or, 2) it will be an NL guest.  Stuart Robson hopes to be back soon.   

How did Newcastle have a facility for Lewis Rose at Newcastle?

He announced on his twitter on 30th April he was taking time out so that is more than 28 days ago.

Kings Lynn changed their team on 30th April.

Even if its taken from the 1st meeting he missed for Newcastle (6th May against Ipswich) the facility should have run out at Berwick on Saturday night.  You need to include the 6th May as day 1 so day 28 will be 2nd June (not the 3rd).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

He announced on his twitter on 30th April he was taking time out so that is more than 28 days ago.

Even if its taken from the 1st meeting he missed for Newcastle (6th May against Ipswich) the facility should have run out at Berwick on Saturday night.  You need to include the 6th May as day 1 so day 28 will be 2nd June (not the 3rd).

Maybe depends on when he Actualy informed Newcastle to confirm his Twitter comment?

1 hour ago, sparks123 said:

I doubt that an ex-Management Committee member would go against anything laid down by the BSPA, so it was OK to use R/R for Lewis at Berwick and a guest for him at Brough on Sunday.  It all comes down to what date Newcastle were awarded the facility from, rather than going by when it was announced on Twitter, or when another team signed a rider, etc.

1 hour ago, leander said:

Sunday 22 April Polish leagues hadn't started.

Sunday 27 May  Poznan didn't have a fixture (they were at Gneizo on Friday 25 May that weekend).

Kus would be the obvious answer to come in. He is a club asset (no loan fee). He is available. Talking to him on Thursday he said he has not ridden in Poland this year. So unlikely he will for a while till his UK form improves.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I doubt that an ex-Management Committee member would go against anything laid down by the BSPA, so it was OK to use R/R for Lewis at Berwick and a guest for him at Brough on Sunday.  It all comes down to what date Newcastle were awarded the facility from, rather than going by when it was announced on Twitter, or when another team signed a rider, etc.

I have said Newcastle first used the facility against Ipswich on 6th May.  If that was day 1 then would day 28 not be 2nd June at Berwick.

I would have thought day 29 would be 3rd June (Newcastle's home meeting with Berwick).  Berwick fixture would be the 5th Sunday so day 29 (you don't get 5 Sundays in any 4 week spell as far as I am aware).:cheers:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

I have said Newcastle first used the facility against Ipswich on 6th May.  If that was day 1 then would day 28 not be 2nd June at Berwick.

I would have thought day 29 would be 3rd June (Newcastle's home meeting with Berwick).  Berwick fixture would be the 5th Sunday so day 29 (you don't get 5 Sundays in any 4 week spell as far as I am aware).:cheers:

What about the 2 bank holidays, they might count, or not, in this case ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

R/R for Robbie Blackadder at Scunthorpe :D:D:D

44 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

According to the dates calculator below, Sun 6 May 2018 to Sun 3 June 2018 is 28 days....

https://planetcalc.com/274/?license=1