British Speedway Forum

26 minutes ago, StevePark said:

According to the dates calculator below, Sun 6 May 2018 to Sun 3 June 2018 is 28 days....

https://planetcalc.com/274/?license=1

Yes but that’s not including the first Sunday... That’s how many days are in between... anyone that can count to 28 can say that if day 1 was Sunday the 6th of May then day 28 is Saturday the 2nd and Newcastle are a bunch of cheats...Yesterday was day 29 minimum of a 28 day facility and your ex-Management commitee member is a cheat just because he cant find a rider that fits even though Redcar have brought in 2 heat leaders in the space of time you’s have been ‘looking’...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Yes but that’s not including the first Sunday... That’s how many days are in between... anyone that can count to 28 can say that if day 1 was Sunday the 6th of May then day 28 is Saturday the 2nd and Newcastle are a bunch of cheats...Yesterday was day 29 minimum of a 28 day facility and your ex-Management commitee member is a cheat just because he cant find a rider that fits even though Redcar have brought in 2 heat leaders in the space of time you’s have been ‘looking’...

I hope that you can prove that statement. Solicitors make a lot of money out of remarks like that.

11 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

I hope that you can prove that statement. Solicitors make a lot of money out of remarks like that.

You obviously didn’t read the rest of my post where I identified exactly how he has cheated, unless someone has a reason to disprove what I have said which I am quite happy to listen to and will amend my statement but it looks very much like George English has pulled a fast one and because the meeting has been and gone nothing can/will be done about it unless  Berwick put in a complaint to the referee before the meeting.

15 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

You obviously didn’t read the rest of my post where I identified exactly how he has cheated, unless someone has a reason to disprove what I have said which I am quite happy to listen to and will amend my statement but it looks very much like George English has pulled a fast one and because the meeting has been and gone nothing can/will be done about it unless  Berwick put in a complaint to the referee before the meeting.

That is an improvement on the Cheat accusation - but not a retraction.

Do you represent Berwick Speedway?

55 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

So, how come when the team for the home meeting against Berwick was sent - 1) the BSPA didn't say 'no' to the line-up 2) Berwick speedway didn't protest against the line-up and 3) the Referee for Sunday's meeting agreed that the line-up was OK.

9 minutes ago, StevePark said:

So, how come when the team for the home meeting against Berwick was sent - 1) the BSPA didn't say 'no' to the line-up 2) Berwick speedway didn't protest against the line-up and 3) the Referee for Sunday's meeting agreed that the line-up was OK.

Those are the million dollar questions ;)

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Little bit over the top using the word cheat, surely there was enough time before the meeting for the powers that be to rule the Newcastle team illegal, or the Berwick promotion to protest, which as far as I know they haven't. 

2 hours ago, sparks123 said:

I have said Newcastle first used the facility against Ipswich on 6th May.  If that was day 1 then would day 28 not be 2nd June at Berwick.

I would have thought day 29 would be 3rd June (Newcastle's home meeting with Berwick).  Berwick fixture would be the 5th Sunday so day 29 (you don't get 5 Sundays in any 4 week spell as far as I am aware).:cheers:

How do you know Newcastle used the facility against Ipswich on 6th May? It's quite possible that Newcastle had an "injury" facility (complete with the appropriate sick-note). Ipswich (away)  was his first match back from a hand injury, and he didn't look comfortable on the bike then. It is quite possible the facility wasn't granted until sometime the following week after the 6th May. It has to be granted by the management committee and the 28 days starts from when they say it starts which is usually the day it is approved.. it is not automatic. The fact that he twittered on 30th April doesn't mean he officially advised Newcastle or BSPA of his decision to withhold his services on that day. that could have been done upon expiry of his sick note.

The fact that Kings lynn replaced him on 30 April is totally irrelevant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

According to the dates calculator below, Sun 6 May 2018 to Sun 3 June 2018 is 28 days....

https://planetcalc.com/274/?license=1

Can I use your calculator the next time I go on holiday?

When I was away I paid for 7 nights and that was from Tuesday night to Monday night.

The airport parking was for 8 days though.

22 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

Can I use your calculator the next time I go on holiday?

When I was away I paid for 7 nights and that was from Tuesday night to Monday night.

The airport parking was for 8 days though.

was the time you dropped your car off, till you collected it more than 168hrs, or did days cross over ???,,, cos those car parking facilites are a right rip off, you might pay for n hour, but only be 10 minutes and you don't get any money back and, some machines don't even give you any change :(

It was on the Newcastle website on the 30/04/18, if that sheds any light on the scenario.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

If sparks has got it wrong with why Rose was missing on 6th of May I will apologise and retract my statement but the numbers do not add up, it wouldn’t be the first time and it wont be the last time that the BSPA, the meeting referee and the opposing club miss something in the team line up though...

10 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

If sparks has got it wrong with why Rose was missing on 6th of May I will apologise and retract my statement but the numbers do not add up, it wouldn’t be the first time and it wont be the last time that the BSPA, the meeting referee and the opposing club miss something in the team line up though...

They should maybe take more notice then ;)

17 minutes ago, leander said:

How do you know Newcastle used the facility against Ipswich on 6th May? It's quite possible that Newcastle had an "injury" facility (complete with the appropriate sick-note). Ipswich (away)  was his first match back from a hand injury, and he didn't look comfortable on the bike then. It is quite possible the facility wasn't granted until sometime the following week after the 6th May. It has to be granted by the management committee and the 28 days starts from when they say it starts which is usually the day it is approved.. it is not automatic. The fact that he twittered on 30th April doesn't mean he officially advised Newcastle or BSPA of his decision to withhold his services on that day. that could have been done upon expiry of his sick note.

The fact that Kings lynn replaced him on 30 April is totally irrelevant.

According to the speedway star (dated May 5) Dale Allitt was shocked when he received a call from Lewis on the Thursday when "it was obvious there were big problems".  This will be the night at Ipswich (April 26th).  They changed their team on the Friday morning (April 27th).

Newcastle had 2 guests against Sheffield on Sunday 29th April (M. P. Toft and L. Kerr).  The 2 riders missing from their team were Stuart and Lewis.

He then said on the Monday (30th April) he was taking time out from the sport.

Could you advise me what facility Newcastle had against Ipswich on 6th May if it wasn't the start of the 28 day facility because he obviously had no intention of racing?

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

But surely the point is to bring in riders who improve your team and the Management clearly feel that 'to use Redcar as an example', the riders who they have brought in would not improve our team. As a Newcastle fan I want Ncle to find new riders but it's no point in just replacing them with anyone.

To call Newcastle cheats is out of order and unfounded!!!

• Like 1

I have been to many meetings over the years and at the end the announcer has said “ Hope to see you all back here again in 7 days” and not once to my knowledge has anybody said “no it’s  actually  8

• Like 1