British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

I have been to many meetings over the years and at the end the announcer has said “ Hope to see you all back here again in 7 days” and not once to my knowledge has anybody said “no it’s  actually  8

It will be 7 days at the "end of a meeting".  You are already there for a meeting in the first place.

Some teams have a licence to run once a week.  They don't get stopped by the council saying you run last Sunday so you are not allowed to run this Sunday.:cheers:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparks123 said:

It will be 7 days at the "end of a meeting".  You are already there for a meeting in the first place.

So if it’s a Sunday and I have to dash off for an emergency before the meeting starts the announcer could say to me “See you in 8 days” and if I stay until the end of a meeting and it’s still a Sunday the announcer will say to me “ see you in 7 days “ 

27 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

So if it’s a Sunday and I have to dash off for an emergency before the meeting starts the announcer could say to me “See you in 8 days” and if I stay until the end of a meeting and it’s still a Sunday the announcer will say to me “ see you in 7 days “ 

If you had to dash off before the meeting, why would the announcer say anything ???

Its a bit like we live in the 21st century, but its only 2018,,, how come ? ;)

I can’t believe people are arguing that if you count from sunday the 6th being day 1 to 28 you don’t get day 29 being the 3rd ahahaha it is basic maths you geordies are a special breed I have to say shall I do it for you

6th of May is day 1, 7th day 2, 8th day 3, 9th day 4, 10th day 5, 11th day 6, 12th day 7, 13th day 8, 14th day 9, 15th day 10, 16th day 11, 17th day 12, 18th day 13, 19th day 14, 20th day 15, 21st day 16, 22nd day 17, 23rd day 18, 24th day 19, 25th day 20, 26th day 21, 27th day 22, 28th day 23, 29th day 24, 30th day 25, 31st day 26th, 1st of June day 27th, 2nd day 28, 3rd day 29.

Newcastle V Berwick was raced on the 29th day from when a facility was first used for Lewis Rose so unless anyone can give evidence as to what different reason there was a facility for Lewis Rose on the 6th of May then I stand by what I have said however harsh it may be.

Edited by allthegearbutnaeidea

12 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

I can’t believe people are arguing that if you count from sunday the 6th being day 1 to 28 you don’t get day 29 being the 3rd ahahaha it is basic maths you geordies are a special breed I have to say shall I do it for you

6th of May is day 1, 7th day 2, 8th day 3, 9th day 4, 10th day 5, 11th day 6, 12th day 7, 13th day 8, 14th day 9, 15th day 10, 16th day 11, 17th day 12, 18th day 13, 19th day 14, 20th day 15, 21st day 16, 22nd day 17, 23rd day 18, 24th day 19, 25th day 20, 26th day 21, 27th day 22, 28th day 23, 29th day 24, 30th day 25, 31st day 26th, 1st of June day 27th, 2nd day 28, 3rd day 29.

Newcastle V Berwick was raced on the 29th day from when a facility was first used for Lewis Rose so unless anyone can give evidence as to what different reason there was a facility for Lewis Rose on the 6th of May then I stand by what I have said however harsh it may be.

Leap year ???

On a leap year (being Speedway), you think of a number,double it, divide by 4.5 and that's the number of days before you think again....

Edited by Icicle

11 minutes ago, Icicle said:

On a leap year (being Speedway), you think of a number,double it, divide by 4.5 and that's the number of days before you think again....

Well,,, am not sure whats went on, but am sure we'll get to the bottom of it :t:

1 hour ago, KEITH M said:

The comment was mainly aimed at Ruffdiamond with his car-park comment.:cheers:

However in a 28 day period there is four Sundays.  Newcastle v Berwick was the fifth Sunday:drink:

I think we can all agree mathematically that the facilty ran out on 2nd June

If Newcastle used it first on 6th May v Ipswich …..  that's 26 days in May, so that leaves 2 days in June ie ending on a Saturday

Now given Berwick did not object and the referee rules the team ok there can only be 2 explanations

1 - the 28 days facility starts from when it is 1st used (unlikely - but I don't have the rule book)

2 - as leander quite rightly points out we don't know when the facility started.  Lewis may have handed in an injury note before making the official announcement.  A team may be allowed rider replacement in such a case until the BSPA officially gives the 28 day notice.    we just don't know

But to call George a cheat is bang out of order ……..  it was not like we sprung this on Berwick at the last minute ……. Newcastle team was announced in advance and Berwick could have done the maths and objected … but they didn't and they haven't complained since 

still -  we wouldn't want a sport where the rules are clear and the supporters understand whats going on ………………...

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

The comment was mainly aimed at Ruffdiamond with his car-park comment.:cheers:

However in a 28 day period there is four Sundays.  Newcastle v Berwick was the fifth Sunday:drink:

Arr, so its my fault now ???,,, fair enough !!!

A used to like you :(

9 minutes ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

Regardless of all of this they now need to sign a rider as the facility has ran out 

or we could use a NL guest, gotta be cheaper ;)

Logged on...three new pages...great, I thought, we must have signed someone...but no, instead we have an allegation of cheating. How uplifting.

Where's Dandelion when we need him to spread some optimism?

Edited by Terrace Grumbler
None of your business!

yep … the clock is ticking ………………  kus is sadly looking the obvious likely replacement as he is better than a nl guest and is ONLY ONE available and is ours ….. and apparently not riding much in Poland ………….

I don't have anything against kus ….  but when we have 9.24 available … to sign up a lad out of form on 4.76 is hardly progessive ……. but its a sad state of affairs we cant find anyone who will ride for us ….. poor promoters have only been looking for 4 months