British Speedway Forum

21 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Logged on...three new pages...great, I thought, we must have signed someone...but no, instead we have an allegation of cheating. How uplifting.

Where's Dandelion when we need him to spread some optimism?

I think you will find Dandelion is a her!! :approve:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

I think we can all agree mathematically that the facilty ran out on 2nd June

If Newcastle used it first on 6th May v Ipswich …..  that's 26 days in May, so that leaves 2 days in June ie ending on a Saturday

Now given Berwick did not object and the referee rules the team ok there can only be 2 explanations

1 - the 28 days facility starts from when it is 1st used (unlikely - but I don't have the rule book)

2 - as leander quite rightly points out we don't know when the facility started.  Lewis may have handed in an injury note before making the official announcement.  A team may be allowed rider replacement in such a case until the BSPA officially gives the 28 day notice.   we just don't know

But to call George a cheat is bang out of order ……..  it was not like we sprung this on Berwick at the last minute ……. Newcastle team was announced in advance and Berwick could have done the maths and objected … but they didn't and they haven't complained since 

still -  we wouldn't want a sport where the rules are clear and the supporters understand whats going on ………………...

Which is what I hinted at earlier.  If people care to remember, we used two guests at home to Sheffield (Michael Palm Toft and Lewi Kerr), making the Ipswich match irrelevant to the 28 day facility.  The BSPA must have given the 28 day facility after the Ipswich match.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Which is what I hinted at earlier.  If people care to remember, we used two guests at home to Sheffield (Michael Palm Toft and Lewi Kerr), making the Ipswich match irrelevant to the 28 day facility.  The BSPA must have given the 28 day facility after the Ipswich match.

4 hours ago, sparks123 said:

According to the speedway star (dated May 5) Dale Allitt was shocked when he received a call from Lewis on the Thursday when "it was obvious there were big problems".  This will be the night at Ipswich (April 26th).  They changed their team on the Friday morning (April 27th).

Newcastle had 2 guests against Sheffield on Sunday 29th April (M. P. Toft and L. Kerr).  The 2 riders missing from their team were Stuart and Lewis.

He then said on the Monday (30th April) he was taking time out from the sport.

Could you advise me what facility Newcastle had against Ipswich on 6th May if it wasn't the start of the 28 day facility because he obviously had no intention of racing?

Not sure what you are on about as it is the Ipswich home match where the facility would have started (on 6th May) not the Ipswich away match (26th April) or the Sheffield home meeting (April 29th).  Newcastle had an injury guest for Sheffield but Lewis retired/ took time out the next day (April 30th).

As I said earlier could you tell me what facility was used for the Ipswich home match (Kevin Doolan guesting and RR for Stuart) if it wasn't the start of the 28 days?

Who cares,between Guests,r/r ,and riders guesting for every team in the league it's only the quality of the racing that matters IMO .

• Like 1

we don't know but neither do you …………  we don't when the bspa granted the 28 day facility …………. but clearly Berwick speedway don't think we cheated as they haven't objected

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

Not sure what you are on about as it is the Ipswich home match where the facility would have started (on 6th May) not the Ipswich away match (26th April) or the Sheffield home meeting (April 29th).  Newcastle had an injury guest for Sheffield but Lewis retired/ took time out the next day (April 30th).

As I said earlier could you tell me what facility was used for the Ipswich home match (Kevin Doolan guesting and RR for Stuart) if it wasn't the start of the 28 days?

As I said earlier, probably a sick note. He couldn't be deemed to be "withholding his services" if he was on the sick and unfit to ride. Only when it was said he was fit to ride can he be said to be withholding his services.

I would have thought that all team managers, referees, officials, etc. would have been advised of when the facility started and expires. The fact that no-one has complained/queried it before, during, or after the weekend (they could easily deduct the points scored by R/R) suggests that it was all legit as far as I'm concerned.

Don't tell me no-one from BSPA reads this rubbish on here.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, leander said:

As I said earlier, probably a sick note. He couldn't be deemed to be "withholding his services" if he was on the sick and unfit to ride. Only when it was said he was fit to ride can he be said to be withholding his services.

I would have thought that all team managers, referees, officials, etc. would have been advised of when the facility started and expires. The fact that no-one has complained/queried it before, during, or after the weekend (they could easily deduct the points scored by R/R) suggests that it was all legit as far as I'm concerned.

Don't tell me no-one from BSPA reads this rubbish on here.

Of course everyone is missing the fact, especially with the dearth of riders that are free and available at the moment, that the Diamonds and George may have been given another 28 days extension which is normal practice for similar cases. #justsayinglike

This 'exception that is being taken by Berwick folks on this issue, must have spread to a certain member of their promotion, who pointed out that I was running the later NJL meeting  without any redflaggers in attendance tut tut. That was because it was between races and they had rakes in their hands at the time raking, and their flags were on the grass. I pointed them out individually to him, and gave him their names one at a time. It must of been something in the Berwick tea on Sunday tut tut.

19 hours ago, slyfox said:

Kus would be the obvious answer to come in. He is a club asset (no loan fee). He is available. Talking to him on Thursday he said he has not ridden in Poland this year. So unlikely he will for a while till his UK form improves.  

We would have to pay Redcar a loan fee.

18 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Yes but that’s not including the first Sunday... That’s how many days are in between... anyone that can count to 28 can say that if day 1 was Sunday the 6th of May then day 28 is Saturday the 2nd and Newcastle are a bunch of cheats...Yesterday was day 29 minimum of a 28 day facility and your ex-Management commitee member is a cheat just because he cant find a rider that fits even though Redcar have brought in 2 heat leaders in the space of time you’s have been ‘looking’...

Totally different case signing a rider for a team with Thursday home meetings and a team that rides on a Sunday. If he was decent, he would be riding in Poland and probably no facility to replace him. Now that would be crazy for both Newcastle, the sport and the FANS.

42 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Of course everyone is missing the fact, especially with the dearth of riders that are free and available at the moment, that the Diamonds and George may have been given another 28 days extension which is normal practice for similar cases. #justsayinglike

This 'exception that is being taken by Berwick folks on this issue, must have spread to a certain member of their promotion, who pointed out that I was running the later NJL meeting  without any redflaggers in attendance tut tut. That was because it was between races and they had rakes in their hands at the time raking, and their flags were on the grass. I pointed them out individually to him, and gave him their names one at a time. It must of been something in the Berwick tea on Sunday tut tut.

Fair point ....  but if this so why hasn't it been communicated by either the BSPA or Newcastle ..............  its just typical of the sport that the paying public are kept in the dark ... for no good reason

If we turn up with a guest at Scunthorpe there will be more claims of foul play !!

however, as the conspiracy cranks will point out do the rules allow it ?

do the rules only allow the granting of  one 28 day period ........  and that the BSPA are bending the rules in providing an extension to Newcastle because of the difficult circumstances ..... its not like BSPA havent bent rules in the past (or frankly ignored them)

however, rules are rules and i think opposition teams would be quite right to be unhappy...... although its not the promoters fault the simple fact is it is upto Newcastlte to field  a side and if it is an under strength side then so be it - lets face it the original  7 would not have been  their team of choice  and was the best they could do ...............

what is more worryling is Newcastle's future if we cannot attract any decent riders because of this Polish situation ...... other teams have been able to move from a Sunday .... but econoimically we have to ride Sundays ......  i think our crowds have held up well and accepted the 2018 situation ... however if this continues into 2019 i think it will be challenging to say the least ......   scraping home wins and being thumped away wont attract new support

anyway I dont know the rules but likewise no one seems to know whats going on with this facilty

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

We would have to pay Redcar a loan fee.

WHY ?

They sacked him, and you own him, would be different if he left and you signed him, you would then have to re-pay their loan fee to you as compensation. This is not the case, as they incurred their own loss.

27 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

WHY ?

They sacked him, and you own him, would be different if he left and you signed him, you would then have to re-pay their loan fee to you as compensation. This is not the case, as they incurred their own loss.

Only in speedway eh.... funny old game this asset lark!

27 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

WHY ?

Once Redcar took him on loan for the year and paid the fee, he us their rider for that year. If they loan him to say Peterborough, Peterborough would pay Redcar for the rest of the year pro rate fee. Substitute Newcastle for Peterborough and the same applies. Call it a loan fee or compensation, it amounts to the same thing.

7 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Only in speedway eh.... funny old game this asset lark!

It would be more stupid if Kus came back to Newcastle, and we got another loan free for the same period that Redcar had paid for from another club. What would be your solution that wouldn't sound odd ?