British Speedway Forum

22 hours ago, mauger65 said:

yep … the clock is ticking ………………  kus is sadly looking the obvious likely replacement as he is better than a nl guest and is ONLY ONE available and is ours ….. and apparently not riding much in Poland ………….

I don't have anything against kus ….  but when we have 9.24 available … to sign up a lad out of form on 4.76 is hardly progessive ……. but its a sad state of affairs we cant find anyone who will ride for us ….. poor promoters have only been looking for 4 months 

you heard it here first lol

I like kus and he's better than a nl guest ……… but this is hardly the signing we need ,,,,,,,,,,,,   our team average is now 37.50 

• Like 2

more than capable of upping his average came to Berwick as a reserve ended up Number 1 the year we made playoffs

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tsunami said:

You either sign a season long loan contract, or say a 28 days loan contract. Terms are between the hiring club and the rider so there is no variables that are unknown.

You can write what you want in a contract - as long as both sides sign it.  It is then legally binding.

9 minutes ago, idanthyrsus said:

You can write what you want in a contract - as long as both sides sign it.  It is then legally binding.

Assuming the contents of the contract are legal in the first place ;)

Edited by KevH

4 hours ago, Tsunami said:

You either sign a season long loan contract, or say a 28 days loan contract. Terms are between the hiring club and the rider so there is no variables that are unknown.

The variables are by what contract was initially signed when somebody becomes an 'asset' of a club and claim to own a certain rider. If there is no contract then how any club can claim to own a certain rider is beyond me.

If there is a contract, it would be picked to pieces in a court of law.

Edited by Najjer

Hmmmm that's an interesting signing if true, I suppose he is better than a NL guest but not sure how it makes us stronger, we'll just have to wait and see. Scunthorpe should be interesting on Friday!!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tsunami said:

And what law is that then ?. A club, not using their asset, enters into a loan agreement with another club and the rider and everyone is happy. It doesn't work out, and the owning club tries to get him placed with another club and the releasing club gets back some of the loan fee. Who lost out and what law was broken. 

His contract was terminated, so anything in that contract would be void.  Are you saying therefore that loan fees have nothing to do with his contract whereby it does not apply.

11 hours ago, idanthyrsus said:

The loan agreement is a standard document that all three party's sign to the deal.

11 hours ago, Najjer said:

The variables are by what contract was initially signed when somebody becomes an 'asset' of a club and claim to own a certain rider. If there is no contract then how any club can claim to own a certain rider is beyond me.

If there is a contract, it would be picked to pieces in a court of law.

You should know that there is a contract, and it is a standard document that both parties sign. The rider has a separate contract regarding his terms.

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

The loan agreement is a standard document that all three party's sign to the deal.

Which is a very different thing to saying that we know everything in a contract.  I'm not precious about this, but it sounds like:

- All loan agreements are formed from standard templates that include the rider, the hiring club and the owning club

- All the termination clauses are therefore known and if the hiring club terminates the contract (presumably with some penalties?) then the rider will be contracted to the owning club

In which case we are all good :)

34 minutes ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

It is what it is regarding loan fees but a very poor signing and leaves us with only 1 heat leader and a team of reserves and second strings 

Kus may not have been my choice but the fact is that (as La Dandelion has already pointed out) George, the team and Matej himself got him to a 7 point average in 2016.

It hasn't worked out for him at Redcar for whatever reason but it's in everyone's interests for him to have a very different second half of the season and I'm sure we'll all get behind him. Every team can find room for an out-and-out gater and he will have to be ours.

I've no idea how he goes round the EWR but I hope he gets off to a good start on Friday.

• Like 1