British Speedway Forum

20th August South Gosforth CIU Club @7.30pm

Congratulation to Archie Freeman on winning the Under-16 NJL Rider Championship at Edinburgh last night.

One for the future.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, screm said:

Congratulation to Archie Freeman on winning the Under-16 NJL Rider Championship at Edinburgh last night.

One for the future.

The boy did well. Brilliant gate in the final, but was partially blocked 1st bend, but turned back down the straight and they never saw him again. Some good racing in the heats and final, just beating the stadium deadline 10.00pm.

Absolutely shocking from Barker tonight at Redcar. No intention to turn left and T-boned Tero. Disgraceful!!!.Then the ref excludes Tero. Unbelievable. Hope Tero is ok.

24 minutes ago, homer said:

not sour much then

It's not about being sour Barker should have been disqualified it was a shocking piece of riding and it looks like Aarnio has broken his arm because of it.Then the ref disqualifies Aarnio.Absolute joke.

1 hour ago, Winditon said:

Absolutely shocking from Barker tonight at Redcar. No intention to turn left and T-boned Tero. Disgraceful!!!.Then the ref excludes Tero. Unbelievable. Hope Tero is ok.

I think real speedway supporters see tonight for what it was. A match going one way, then a situation that changed the entire tide of the meeting.

Normally in any sport these things are called turning points, sadly for the sport of speedway tonight, with the exception of a very few Redcar fans who appeared to cheer the event, that turning point was a blatant attempt to knock off a rider well in control of the race.

As a team who have defied all sceptics this season and really stood tall it’s a shame to end the night without a point, but the thing that makes speedway great is it’s love for proper racing, true racing, and the diamonds stood tall tonight. 

The only thing left to say about Redcar speedway is, congratulations.......  you had 6 riders riding tonight who rode fair, but sadly it took a B.B. intervention to kickstart the team, but kickstart they did. The fact they were rejuvenated isn’t the problem, it’s the 1 rider who continues to jeopardise riders safety daily that’s the issue. Well done Ben barker!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, homer said:

not sour much then

See how sour you would be when you are shoved into the fence and shatter your shoulder and arm in many places. Unfortunately there are still morons like you in our sport.

Edited by Tsunami

48 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

See how sour you would be when you are shoved into the fence and shatter your shoulder and arm in many places. Unfortunately there are still morons like you in our sport.

So he suffered multiple fractures did he?

12 hours ago, Diamond geezer said:

I think real speedway supporters see tonight for what it was. A match going one way, then a situation that changed the entire tide of the meeting.

Normally in any sport these things are called turning points, sadly for the sport of speedway tonight, with the exception of a very few Redcar fans who appeared to cheer the event, that turning point was a blatant attempt to knock off a rider well in control of the race.

As a team who have defied all sceptics this season and really stood tall it’s a shame to end the night without a point, but the thing that makes speedway great is it’s love for proper racing, true racing, and the diamonds stood tall tonight. 

The only thing left to say about Redcar speedway is, congratulations.......  you had 6 riders riding tonight who rode fair, but sadly it took a B.B. intervention to kickstart the team, but kickstart they did. The fact they were rejuvenated isn’t the problem, it’s the 1 rider who continues to jeopardise riders safety daily that’s the issue. Well done Ben barker!

I have already stated on the match thread that I thought BB was in the wrong and should have been excluded.

That said the match was only 6 heats old therefore I don't agree that it was going one way as I still think we would have won even if Tero had not been injured and ridden out all his rides.

With regards to BB , I haven't seen him jeopardize a riders safety all season, for a start his bikes were pretty crap for the early part and he wasn't in contention in most races to cause any conflict!  Bit over the top saying it's something that happens on a daily basis.

Can understand George English's annoyance over the incident, perhaps, in the heat of the moment, he forgot about how he supported Richie Worrell over similar incidents a few seasons ago?

4 hours ago, foamfence said:

So he suffered multiple fractures did he?

That's what was reported last night and he had said that to his mechanic. Does that make BB blameless ????

Edited by Tsunami

2 hours ago, erimus11 said:

I have already stated on the match thread that I thought BB was in the wrong and should have been excluded.

That said the match was only 6 heats old therefore I don't agree that it was going one way as I still think we would have won even if Tero had not been injured and ridden out all his rides.

With regards to BB , I haven't seen him jeopardize a riders safety all season, for a start his bikes were pretty crap for the early part and he wasn't in contention in most races to cause any conflict!  Bit over the top saying it's something that happens on a daily basis.

Can understand George English's annoyance over the incident, perhaps, in the heat of the moment, he forgot about how he supported Richie Worrell over similar incidents a few seasons ago?

Not even the same league, so get over it. At least Diamonds fans weren''t wishing a death wish on Barker, unlike the terrace bar crowd were in Richie's case !!!( and Andrew Tully's as well)

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

That's what was reported last night and he had said that to his mechanic. Does that make BB blameless ????

Not having been there, I have no idea whether he was blameless, incompetent or evil. The general opinion seems to be that he was to blame but I made no mention of him or the incident.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Diamond geezer said:

I thought it was Barker's fault but I would never suggest that it was a deliberate action designed to take Aarnio out. Barker simply lost control.

To imply that it was intentional is to believe that one rider is perfectly prepared to see another get injured - possibly seriously, possibly worse than that.

Reckless, maybe. Lethal, never. 

32 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Not even the same league, so get over it. At least Diamonds fans weren''t wishing a death wish on Barker, unlike the terrace bar crowd were in Richie's case !!!( and Andrew Tully's as well)

Here we go with the big man act again - "get over it" - I wasn't one of those who gave the death wish verbals and I never would - my comment was to that Mr English didn't say much when Worrall was the bad guy - human nature I suppose