British Speedway Forum

Well saying as other teams have threads for next season may as well start one our season has been over for a long time and wholesale changes required for next year imo I would only keep Stevie and Alfie. Riders id like to see in diamonds colours for next season are Lewis Kerr, Lewis Bridger if he's interested in riding again and wouldn't mind seeing Jason Garrity line up for us although he does seem to be a bit injury prone but is very entertaining.

I wouldn't have Bridger or garrity anywhere near the team for next season. Next season the team will be built around Worrall and wether ppl like it or not Lindgren, I'd definitely have Alfie at seven and would love to see Ashley at six but fear his average will not allow it.

• Like 1

I wouldn't have Bridger or garrity anywhere near the team for next season. Next season the team will be built around Worrall and wether ppl like it or not Lindgren, I'd definitely have Alfie at seven and would love to see Ashley at six but fear his average will not allow it.

Bridger is on a bargain of an average but obviously huge question marks over his commitment.

We've had roughly the same side for the last two seasons and it hasn't worked so personally I think we need a big clear out.

Yes I agree about Lindgren although as the averages currently stand why would you bring a rider back who's almost dropped a point from his average? Although he is an asset and he can't seem to do any wrong in the clubs eyes so no doubt he'll be back next year.

Suppose a lot rests on whatever points limit they work to, maybe a return for Kus or Richie Worrall.

Ash would be a cracking no.6, with no meaningful fixtures (average wise),,, maybe he could keep it low ;)

Totally agree with the post from Andy S, next years team needs a strong reserve and Ashley fits the bill perfectly but it all depends on the points limit lets hope it goes back to 42.5.

• Like 1

Wonder whether we might get Richie back? Wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for Glasgow to have a clearout and Richie (and Summers?) might just become available.

Would have them both in my team anyday

Wonder whether we might get Richie back? Wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for Glasgow to have a clearout and Richie (and Summers?) might just become available.

There will be more chance that Aaron will be released after this season, Glasgow will build there team around Richie & Nike next season the rest will be surplus.

Just my opinion of course ;) .

Edited by Gazc

Agree with you about Bowtell, seen him several times at DP and he's so much better now than he was at the start of the season, much improved rider I think!! :t:

I think everyone has accepted that Robert won't be around next season, and a possibility that Steve will also be riding in Poland after his exploits in the world cup. This will leave a large hole to be filled at the top of the averages. Ricky Wells has always ridden well at Newcastle and would make a good No.1 Replacing Steve could be more difficult as you must find a rider who has the ability to add to his starting average. Any suggestions?

I think everyone has accepted that Robert won't be around next season, and a possibility that Steve will also be riding in Poland after his exploits in the world cup. This will leave a large hole to be filled at the top of the averages. Ricky Wells has always ridden well at Newcastle and would make a good No.1 Replacing Steve could be more difficult as you must find a rider who has the ability to add to his starting average. Any suggestions?

Over in your part of the world Rene Bach usually makes an appearance round about now!! :D

I think the Worralls will be re-united next season but it could be in the red and white of Glasgow rather than the black and white of Newcastle.

• Like 1

I think the Worralls will be re-united next season but it could be in the red and white of Glasgow rather than the black and white of Newcastle.

That is what the word is up here at the last home meeting.

Wether it happens we will just have to wait and see.

The problem with Steve is he may want do the same as Robert this season and try Poland, and if he does Diamonds cant sign him or we could have same problems all over again. Mind you he might not have wait and see what happens. As for the rest of the team everybody is an option for next reason, it was the balance not the individual riders but I do expect some changes has to be really.

Edited by Big Diamond

That is what the word is up here at the last home meeting.

Wether it happens we will just have to wait and see.

Don't ya just love the "I know someone who knows someone who's heard from Syd at the chippy that we're signing him" anyway I thought greg Hancock was signing for Glasgow lol

Don't ya just love the "I know someone who knows someone who's heard from Syd at the chippy that we're signing him" anyway I thought greg Hancock was signing for Glasgow lol

Quoting a post and if you noticed i did say wether it happens will wait and see.

Hardly saying i know something is it.

Dont you just love assumptions.

Anyway dont you just love the i know somerhing i heard that you dont know brigade about Hancock deary me :D .

Comedy Gold this place today between you and a midget on the Workington thread.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1